Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Ken Jennings as Jeopardy! Host

A place to discuss national and regional television and radio programming.
matt1

Re: Ken Jennings as Jeopardy! Host

Post by matt1 » Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:58 pm

Liked the old original theme from 1975 - 1982 version!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Na-ShvC ... ryceLandon

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:14 am

The show was more fun when Chuck Woolery hosted. The audience was allowed to cheer and shout as the wheel spun.

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Sat Oct 09, 2021 9:36 am

Amodio is starting to really irk me. The other day when he had his usual overwhelming lead as Double Jeopardy wound down, he kept ringing in when one of the contestants had a negative score preventing the latter's possible participation in Final Jeopardy. :evil:

And yesterday one of his responses was "What's Ball?" instead of "Who is Lucille Ball?" :rolleyes >: C'mon Mayim and judges, nail him on some of this shit. He's turning a great game show into a mockery!

"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris

SteveS

Post by SteveS » Sat Oct 09, 2021 2:21 pm

Yeah, the the last name only thing is odd which he seems to always do on individuals. To me more annoying than that is the pause on pretty much every answer. "What's ...(pause to pretend I'm trying to think of a guess)...Ball?"

Dude knows a mind boggling amount of stuff, though. Can't take that away from him.

thekman

Post by thekman » Sun Oct 10, 2021 12:30 am

One day he tried to pull off a “What’s… Roosevelt?”
C’mon man, you don’t honestly think you’re going to get away without giving us a Franklin or Teddy along with that Roosevelt?!?

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Sun Oct 10, 2021 12:45 pm

I'm hoping some contestant as irked as myself will respond with "Who's the Pyramids of Giza?" or "Who's the Constitution"?

Maybe the judges and producers will get the message and amend the rules, calling it the Amodio Rule. :hat

"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris

thekman

Post by thekman » Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:38 pm

Internet rumors that Matt will lose tonight…

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:59 pm

Hallelujah!

I can't believe Amodio wrote "Poland", I'm sure he knows the basics of WWII and the Anschluss. He must've withered from the duration of his reign and thought enough is enough...or he merely withered.
Last edited by moldyoldie on Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

- Sydney J. Harris

sfpcc1

Post by sfpcc1 » Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:01 pm

thekman wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:38 pm
He actually seemed a little burned out.

sfpcc1

Post by sfpcc1 » Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:02 pm

sfpcc1 wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:01 pm
thekman wrote:
He actually seemed a little burned out. At least now he can repay his student loans.

thekman

Post by thekman » Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:39 am

sfpcc1 wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:01 pm
thekman wrote:
He actually seemed a little burned out.
I agree, he seemed tired or off tonight.

Both Matt and James lost on Monday episodes. I believe James’ loss was the first episode filmed after a rather lengthy break. I’m a little surprised, I would have expected a tired player to lose on a later episode of the week (since all 5 episodes are filmed on the same day), just presuming their brain is tired from answering trivia for two straight hours. Although maybe getting back into the rhythm of the signaling device is more important.

All of this makes Ken Jennings streak seem even more impressive to me. He lasted 74 days. As great as Matt and James are, honestly they weren’t even close to his streak. Their two streaks added together don’t even reach Ken’s total.

WOHO

Post by WOHO » Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:22 am

The woman was beating him to the buzzer, so if you jump too fast, you get locked out for a half second, so Matt's timing was off. She would have been the new champion too had the 2nd Daily Double not been found by her 1970's partner. I was surprised Mayim didn't rattle off Matt's total winnings - all she had to do was add $1000.

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:43 am

thekman wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:39 am
Both Matt and James lost on Monday episodes. I believe James’ loss was the first episode filmed after a rather lengthy break. I’m a little surprised, I would have expected a tired player to lose on a later episode of the week (since all 5 episodes are filmed on the same day), just presuming their brain is tired from answering trivia for two straight hours. Although maybe getting back into the rhythm of the signaling device is more important.
:idea: Fascinating factoid, I had no idea both Matt and James lost on a Monday episode. It does accentuate the importance of mental and physical endurance, and perhaps age.
thekman wrote:All of this makes Ken Jennings streak seem even more impressive to me. He lasted 74 days. As great as Matt and James are, honestly they weren’t even close to his streak. Their two streaks added together don’t even reach Ken’s total.
Agreed! Jennings was also a "buzzer master". :blink

- Sydney J. Harris

sfpcc1

Post by sfpcc1 » Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:55 pm

Johnathan Fisher, who beat Matt Amodio, lost today after 11 wins, (also on a Monday.) MR Fisher mentioned producing a version of Shakespeare's A Winter Tale with his winnings. If it happens I wonder what it would look like, and how much of his earnings will it eat up. I have to look it up but I don't think there's been a film version of that play, (He wrote it right before The Tempest near the end of his career.)

WOHO

Post by WOHO » Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:12 pm

What was the final Jeopardy! answer and question today? Didn't get back in time to see it?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic