Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Ken Jennings as Jeopardy! Host

A place to discuss national and regional television and radio programming.
km1125

Re: Ken Jennings as Jeopardy! Host

Post by km1125 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:58 pm

I am fully on board with the "Joe Buck taught me to mute the TV." !!!

Too bad that apple didn't fall far, far from the tree - like in another orchard!! I LOVED listening to his dad, but ABSOLUTELY CAN"T STAND listening to him. Yeech!

They better be careful... they might poison the audience who might never come back once they land on a permanent host...whoever that might be.

WOHO

Post by WOHO » Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:43 pm

I was pleasantly surprised by Aaron Rodgers; he definitely is a better TV talent than Michael Strahan, so I could easily see Aaron as MC/Host of the 'Pyramid' Game Show empire when he retires after winning the super bowl. Aaron is a guy who really studies, which may be the secret to his QB skills. Michael Richards and Aaron Rodgers would be tops on my list, but we still haven't heard anything about LeVar Burton getting his 2 week tryout?
(unless he really doesn't want the job?)

radioandtventhusiast

Post by radioandtventhusiast » Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:28 pm

WOHO wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:43 pm
I was pleasantly surprised by Aaron Rodgers; he definitely is a better TV talent than Michael Strahan, so I could easily see Aaron as MC/Host of the 'Pyramid' Game Show empire when he retires after winning the super bowl. Aaron is a guy who really studies, which may be the secret to his QB skills. Michael Richards and Aaron Rodgers would be tops on my list, but we still haven't heard anything about LeVar Burton getting his 2 week tryout?
(unless he really doesn't want the job?)
LeVar hasn't been officially been announced yet.

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:13 pm

SolarMax wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:54 pm
.... "Thats Levar Burton's job ....."
Remember you said this a few months from now.

SolarMax

Post by SolarMax » Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:50 am

Mike Oxlong wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:13 pm
SolarMax wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:54 pm
.... "Thats Levar Burton's job ....."
Remember you said this a few months from now.
I didn't say it. A lot of someones on Twitter have, though.

thekman

Post by thekman » Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:22 pm

After Anderson Cooper, Bill Whitaker, Savannah Guthrie, Mayim Bialik, Dr. Sanjay Gupta and Joe Buck will take their own turns.

Assuming each host does two weeks, as has been the case with everyone other than Ken Jennings, that should fill the schedule up through mid-July. Jeopardy has traditionally taken the month of August off, as well as the first week of September. The new season always starts the Monday following Labor Day week. I imagine that’ll be the case again, as fans probably would clamor for one last month of Trebek reruns. If the August repeats remain the case this year, that would only leave the two final weeks in July for one last guest host. If LeVar gets a shot, it’ll have to be then.

Ratings-wise, KJ is still leading the race. He averaged a 6.0. Mike Richards was 5.9. I believe the rest have ranged 5.2-5.6. Therefore I think it’s likely KJ or MR end up getting the gig.

radioandtventhusiast

Post by radioandtventhusiast » Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:01 pm

Robin Roberts, George Stephanopolous, David Faber from CNBC, LeVar Burton, and Joe Buck are the last guest hosts, it was announced today. In addition, well-known contestant Buzzy Cohen will be the host of the Tournament of Champions.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:10 pm

Not a single one of the folks yet to host intrigues my interest in watching (well, maybe Cohen, but I'm not sure how he'll do as a host). Guess I'll have the summer off to go outside and have some fun.

radioandtventhusiast

Post by radioandtventhusiast » Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:55 pm

thekman wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:22 pm
After Anderson Cooper, Bill Whitaker, Savannah Guthrie, Mayim Bialik, Dr. Sanjay Gupta and Joe Buck will take their own turns.

Assuming each host does two weeks, as has been the case with everyone other than Ken Jennings, that should fill the schedule up through mid-July. Jeopardy has traditionally taken the month of August off, as well as the first week of September. The new season always starts the Monday following Labor Day week. I imagine that’ll be the case again, as fans probably would clamor for one last month of Trebek reruns. If the August repeats remain the case this year, that would only leave the two final weeks in July for one last guest host. If LeVar gets a shot, it’ll have to be then.

Ratings-wise, KJ is still leading the race. He averaged a 6.0. Mike Richards was 5.9. I believe the rest have ranged 5.2-5.6. Therefore I think it’s likely KJ or MR end up getting the gig.
LaVar is the 3rd to last guest host. His week is in mid-July.

thekman

Post by thekman » Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:51 pm

Personally, I’ve grown tired of the guest hosts. Not sure why, but Jeopardy, which has always been automatic viewing at the end of a tiring workday for me, is slowly starting to lose my interest.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue May 04, 2021 8:21 pm

I must say, Bill Whitaker is doing a splendid job. He's my new favorite of the guest hosts I've seen so far.

Robert Faygo

Post by Robert Faygo » Tue May 04, 2021 9:51 pm

I 100% agree. He's a pro, affable, and the best of the bunch to date.

Wellllll... la de frickin da

km1125

Post by km1125 » Wed May 05, 2021 9:13 am

I generally do like him, but I think his voice is too 'soft' for the role. Almost makes me want to go to sleep. Even with that caveat, he's in the top four on my list.

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Wed May 05, 2021 7:41 pm

Robert Faygo wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 9:51 pm
I 100% agree. He's a pro, affable, and the best of the bunch to date.
I didn't know who he was before watching Jeopardy tonight. Did a Google search. It must of been awhile since I've watched 60 Minutes.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat May 08, 2021 7:48 am

He also files reports for CBS News Radio, if I'm not mistaken.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic