Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Ken Jennings as Jeopardy! Host

A place to discuss national and regional television and radio programming.
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: Ken Jennings as Jeopardy! Host

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu Sep 02, 2021 7:51 pm

During an interview, Trebek named 3 people he felt would be good hosts. Yet none of them got a call from the executive producer.
PHENOMENAL point!
Do you think it possible Richards had every intention of being Trebek's replacement all along? The Parade of Guest Hosts was just a formality?
Of course.

thatonedude

Post by thatonedude » Sat Sep 04, 2021 5:56 pm

Richards was lousy as a guest host. Everything that came out did not surprise me; he seemed like someone with a massive ego.

I think Burton deserves a second shot. Either him or Jennings would be a perfect replacement for Trebek, and would be much more fitting for the show.

take this job and shove it

thekman

Post by thekman » Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:40 pm

thatonedude wrote:
Sat Sep 04, 2021 5:56 pm
Richards was lousy as a guest host. Everything that came out did not surprise me; he seemed like someone with a massive ego.

I think Burton deserves a second shot. Either him or Jennings would be a perfect replacement for Trebek, and would be much more fitting for the show.
Gosh, I respectfully disagree. To each their own, but he seems like a real natural fit as he hosts the episodes filmed before he resigned. I really like him, not that it matters at this point.

I hope they end up with Ken Jennings when all is said and done, and then I hope he quietly becomes part of everyone’s TV viewing life and there are not any Twitter wars over who happens to be the host of a game show. I’m ready for some simple Jeopardy normalcy to become normal once again.

In other news, Pat and Vanna extended their contracts to host WoF through 2024.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:38 pm

Speak of the devil - new episodes with Mike Richards as host are airing this week! LOL

This week's episodes presumably are the only previously unaired ones he hosted?

His untoward behavior aside, he did do a great job as host on camera.

radioandtventhusiast

Post by radioandtventhusiast » Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:09 pm

It looks like Mayim & Ken will rotate hosting through the end of 2021.

https://variety.com/2021/tv/news/jeopar ... 235066317/

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:57 am

radioandtventhusiast wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:09 pm
It looks like Mayim & Ken will rotate hosting through the end of 2021.

https://variety.com/2021/tv/news/jeopar ... 235066317/
Dynamite! :D Someone over there is finally on the ball.

"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris

thekman

Post by thekman » Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:43 pm

How long until Matt loses a game? He’s less than 10 games away from passing James in number of games won.

Realist

Post by Realist » Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:33 pm

Just caught Mayim hosting tonight’s show. She’s very good. Not forced and seems very natural at hosting. Just give her the job (or have her permanently alternate with Ken) and stop the silliness over this…

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:39 am

thekman wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:43 pm
How long until Matt loses a game? He’s less than 10 games away from passing James in number of games won.
Slowly (and surely?) approaching a million bucks. :shock: Somebody...ANYBODY...please stop his "What's" nonsense! :x

On a positive note, Mayim Bialik is still aces. :D :hat I notice she dutifully supplies the first names that Amodio so conveniently eliminates.

"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:02 pm

Watched Mayim host tonight, and she was superb! Much improved from her trial run earlier in the year.

I've completely changed my view on her hosting abilities. I'd be fine with Mayim hosting all Jeopardy shows going forward. She has proven herself worthy.

thekman

Post by thekman » Wed Sep 29, 2021 12:38 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:02 pm
Watched Mayim host tonight, and she was superb! Much improved from her trial run earlier in the year.

I've completely changed my view on her hosting abilities. I'd be fine with Mayim hosting all Jeopardy shows going forward. She has proven herself worthy.
That’s funny, I caught Ken Jennings on the 12:30 repeat earlier today, and it reminded me how much I liked him. Even though it was his early episodes, when he was less polished, it really made me want him back in the hosting spot.

thekman

Post by thekman » Wed Sep 29, 2021 12:40 am

Matt keeps winning. I’m seriously kind of bored with him as champ and Mayim as host.

In another “get off my lawn” old man complaint, I really dislike the new Wheel of Fortune music and set.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:21 am

Completely agree regarding the bastardization of the classic Wheel theme. It truly sounds horrible.

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:16 am

thekman wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 12:40 am
In another “get off my lawn” old man complaint, I really dislike the new Wheel of Fortune music and set.
MWmetalhead wrote:Completely agree regarding the bastardization of the classic Wheel theme. It truly sounds horrible.
Damn, I'm really liking the changes to Wheel! The music, the rule changes, the set, everything! However, I don't know the reason behind getting rid of the "Free Play" wedge, even though it rarely came into play. It allowed the player to get a free vowel, or perhaps choose a "Q" or "X", without risk of losing his/her spin.

- Sydney J. Harris

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic