Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

CoronaVirus and Radio

A place to discuss national and regional television and radio programming.
Turkeytop

CoronaVirus and Radio

Post by Turkeytop » Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:23 pm

I expect the virus might be causing some staffing issues at radio stations.

WSM is always live 24/7. I've noticed lately they've been playing a lot of prerecorded programs and old programs from their archives.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

WOHO

Re: CoronaVirus and Radio

Post by WOHO » Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:56 pm

I believe that they've had Opry replays, but is country's best DJ Eddie Stubbs not live on WSM? The last of the truly great AM radio stations where you can actually learn something from a knowledgeable DJ, a nice station with 50KW that plays music- now if they would just use their backup transmitter with the CQUAM AM Stereo, that would be sweet.

Turkeytop

Re: CoronaVirus and Radio

Post by Turkeytop » Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:05 pm

WOHO wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:56 pm
I believe that they've had Opry replays, but is country's best DJ Eddie Stubbs not live on WSM? The last of the truly great AM radio stations where you can actually learn something from a knowledgeable DJ, a nice station with 50KW that plays music- now if they would just use their backup transmitter with the CQUAM AM Stereo, that would be sweet.
For the past few weeks they've been doing Grand Ol Opry live from an empty auditorium.

A few years ago there was a thread here for users to name favourite on air personalities. I named Eddie Stubbs. He is so knowledgeable and his every word rings with sincerity. I haven't heard him for over a week now.

I first stated listening to Eddie before I retired. My job involved a lot of driving, some of it late in the evening. Tuning around one night I happened upon WSM. It was the only station that didn't sound like every other station. They were playing the music I used to hear on my parents kitchen radio. Eddie is like an encyclopedia of country music.

I'm not even a country music fan. But with Eddie, it's like an education. I hope he is still well.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic