Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Arrow And Good Place Series Finales

A place to discuss national and regional television and radio programming.
sfpcc

Arrow And Good Place Series Finales

Post by sfpcc » Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:30 pm

Among the many shows ending in 2020 are Arrow and The Good Place. Arrow ended last night and The Good Place will end tomorrow evening.
Did anyone out there watch or plan to watch these finales? I thought Arrow was really good, very emotional and elegiac. I missed Felicity and it was good to see her back.

thekman

Re: Arrow And Good Place Series Finales

Post by thekman » Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:47 pm

I watched the first season of The Good Place, thought it was pretty stupid. Now it seems like every critic and everyone on social media loves the show. Not sure if it got better, or maybe it was just never my cup of tea.

WOHO

Post by WOHO » Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:52 pm

My personal fave a few months back was "AP Bio" as the writer most definitely lived in Toledo, and the Toledo references were enough to keep me watching all 13 episodes. It was a Lorne Michaels/Seth Myers production, good cast, just needed more laughs per minute. Kudos to the AP BIO writer for keeping our hometime and hockeyteam in the limelight, likewise there was an episode of the time travel show "Timeless" that landed in 1983 Toledo Express Airport, complete with accurate weather map showing a tornado warning for Fulton/Lucas/Wood Counties in Ohio- obviously a Toledo writer there.
Anyhow, they did a very nice ending for "Timeless" a whole year back, so it's great when they know they are cancelled (likewise a must-see Person of Interest) and can have a decent send-off, unlike all the 60's and 70's shows that never tied up loose ends (think, liberating Hogan's Heroes, WKRP in Cincinnati breaks up, etc....)
It wasn't until "M*A*S*H" and "Newhart" that TV writers came-up with a spectacular send-offs (or a horrible send-offs: ie: Seinfeld).

sfpcc

Post by sfpcc » Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:15 pm

This post might have some spoilers.

The Good Place had an Amazing ending. In a way we find out what comes after The Good Place. Nothing felt forced or rushed.

sfpcc

Post by sfpcc » Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:20 pm

WOHO

By your posts I know you are a fan of Person Of Interest. Have you been watching Evil which features Michael Emerson from that show? I think it's the best X Files type show well since the X Files.

sfpcc

Post by sfpcc » Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:55 pm

[quote=WOHO post_id=595030 time=1580842367 user_id=466]
My personal fave a few months back was "AP Bio" as the writer most definitely lived in Toledo, and the Toledo references were enough to keep me watching all 13 episodes. It was a Lorne Michaels/Seth Myers production, good cast, just needed more laughs per minute. Kudos to the AP BIO writer for keeping our hometime and hockeyteam in the limelight, likewise there was an episode of the time travel show "Timeless" that landed in 1983 Toledo Express Airport, complete with accurate weather map showing a tornado warning for Fulton/Lucas/Wood Counties in Ohio- obviously a Toledo writer there.
Anyhow, they did a very nice ending for "Timeless" a whole year back, so it's great when they know they are cancelled (likewise a must-see Person of Interest) and can have a decent send-off, unlike all the 60's and 70's shows that never tied up loose ends (think, liberating Hogan's Heroes, WKRP in Cincinnati breaks up, etc....)
It wasn't until "M*A*S*H" and "Newhart" that TV writers came-up with a spectacular send-offs (or a horrible send-offs: ie: Seinfeld).
[/quote]

AP Bio is being brought back on NBC's Peacock Streaming Service. Creator Mike O'Brien mentioned it of Seth Meyers a couple of nights ago

Calvert DeForest

Post by Calvert DeForest » Fri Jul 03, 2020 3:14 pm

sfpcc wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:30 pm
Among the many shows ending in 2020 are Arrow and The Good Place. Arrow ended last night and The Good Place will end tomorrow evening.
Did anyone out there watch or plan to watch these finales? I thought Arrow was really good, very emotional and elegiac. I missed Felicity and it was good to see her back.
The final season of Arrow contained a backdoor pilot featuring The Canaries (Laurel, Dinah and Mia) as a crime-fighting team in a future timeline. The pilot hatched plots that would constitute a spin-off series. Last I heard, the possible spin-off was still in consideration by CW, although due to COVID production delays, the network season launch has been delayed until January 2021. It would be interesting to see if this series makes the cut.

Shortwave is the ORIGINAL satellite radio.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic