Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

New Daytime Talk Shows

A place to discuss national and regional television and radio programming.
80sTalkRadioFan

New Daytime Talk Shows

Post by 80sTalkRadioFan » Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:31 pm

Seeing promos for two new daytime talk shows in syndication this fall. As someone who works from home, I'm always interested in smart and entertaining television during the day. Kelly Clarkson's new daytime show sounds like a lot of fun and worth checking out. While it will be syndicated by NBC Universal, it'll air on WXYZ 7 (ABC) in Detroit. Not sure where it'll air in other markets. WXYZ has been promoting it heavily the last few days. Another show that sounds like it's less fun but smart is Tamron Hall's new syndicated show from Disney ABC. I haven't heard as much about it, but according to the shows website, it'll also be on WXYZ 7 Detroit, as well as WNWO (NBC 24) in Toledo.

Y M Ionhere

Re: New Daytime Talk Shows

Post by Y M Ionhere » Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:27 pm

Jeff Dugan wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:38 pm
Oh Joy, can’t wait for Kelly Clarkson’s talk show I bet there will be a lot of cooking and eating on that show. I might have to purchase a 80 inch big screen tv before the fall tv season starts just to watch her, time to break out the Master Card.
She’s big, no doubt. I still think she’s attractive naturally. She looks bad when she cakes on too much makeup, like she does on “ The Voice”. When she tones it down, I think she’s cute, with a personality to match. I like when her Texas accent shows up too.

80sTalkRadioFan

Post by 80sTalkRadioFan » Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:21 pm

Correction: about Tamron Hall's new show. Apparently her website has the wrong channel and show time for Detroit. After checking with a woman named Janelle in the program department of channel 7 and 20, Tamron's show will be on WMYD-TV 20 Detroit, weekdays at 11:00 am starting September 9.

Circle Seven

Post by Circle Seven » Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:53 pm

Jeff Dugan wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:05 am
Judge Jerry are you serious is this what has become of daytime television what next Judge Windy.
People watch the court shows. Like prime time reality shows, it's cheap to make and folks tune in.
Me personally, I just do not see the attraction in a judge show.
But I suppose if we all liked the same thing, it would be a pretty boring world.

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:58 am

I'm disappointed that they cancelled Who Wants to be a Millionaire. I don't watch any daytime television but I do occasionally catch this during lunch.

80sTalkRadioFan

Post by 80sTalkRadioFan » Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:30 pm

Chris Harrison did a good job as host of "Who Wants to be a Millionaire" but now that it's cancelled, he'll have more time to hang out with all those bachelors and bachelorettes. As for court shows, I remember being hooked on them as a teenager in the 1980s. Shows like the original "People's Court" with judge Whopner, "Divorce Court" when it had a mail judge and others. Back then, WJBK channel 2 Detroit had them in the afternoon and early evening, just before their primetime lineup. Now, that station only has "Judge Judy." I guess todays teenagers, or perhaps older folks are still hooked on court shows, enough that there seems to be a new court show or a new judge with a TV show every year.

80sTalkRadioFan

Post by 80sTalkRadioFan » Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:39 pm

For those interested, Kelly Clarkson's new show now has a station list online:
https://www.kellyclarksonshow.com/exclu ... e-to-watch
Looks like she'll be on almost everywhere in the U.S. I was surprised NBC is promoting it on their cable channels like NBCSN, even though it's syndicated to a lot of non-NBC affiliates, such as WXYZ Detroit and WTVG Toledo, both ABC stations.

ftballfan

Post by ftballfan » Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:48 pm

Kelly Clarkson is the only new syndicated show getting clearance in Northern Lower Michigan

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:26 pm

Kelly Clarkson will be on WWMT at 3PM replacing Steve with one less job he has LOL. I thought that Nexstar Wood TV or sister station WOTV would've taken Kelly's talk show I didn't see WWMT taken it and Sinclair also got Tamron Hall that will be on sister station CW7 at 11AM even know it says WWMT on Tamron Hall's talk show website, I thought that Tamron was going to replace Steve Harvey at 3PM and I was wrong about that just like I was wrong about Kelly Clarkson's talk show.

Judge Jerry will be on CW7 at 12:30PM surprised that they didn't want to pair it with his talker at 2:30PM for 90 minutes of Jerry. 25 Words Or Less at 9AM & America Says at 9:30AM. WXSP will have Protection Court at 11AM & Personal Injury Court at 11:30AM.

Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

CurlyHoward

Post by CurlyHoward » Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:05 pm

80sTalkRadioFan wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:39 pm
For those interested, Kelly Clarkson's new show now has a station list online:
https://www.kellyclarksonshow.com/exclu ... e-to-watch
Looks like she'll be on almost everywhere in the U.S. I was surprised NBC is promoting it on their cable channels like NBCSN, even though it's syndicated to a lot of non-NBC affiliates, such as WXYZ Detroit and WTVG Toledo, both ABC stations.
They even did a cut-in of her promoting it on Sunday Night Football last night. Al Michaels' reaction was a somewhat disgusted-sounding "THANKS, Kelly.."

80sTalkRadioFan

Post by 80sTalkRadioFan » Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:20 pm

Yeah, that was awkward. These announcers have to deal with that sort of thing every year, promoting the new network primetime shows, regardless of how they really feel about the shows or the people in them. Promoting a syndicated daytime talk show may be a new low.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic