Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Severe Weather/Tornado Break-Ins

A place to discuss national and regional television and radio programming.

organman95

Re: Severe Weather/Tornado Break-Ins

Post by organman95 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:01 am

It's quite sad, really. The amount of "me" in this society is ridiculous.

Are the alert break-ins annoying? Sure. But the most important is getting that information to the public.

And a few false alarms aren't a big deal. It happens. I'm sure Gary England had a few false alarms in his long career in Oklahoma...

RingtailedFox

Post by RingtailedFox » Sat Jun 29, 2019 1:06 pm

I actually appreciate and thank the stations for interrupting programming if there are very nasty storms rolling through. those have saved me from serious property damage and injury in the past!

~ The Legendary Raccoon-Fox has spoken!

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:51 pm

I don't mind them breaking into programming in early June they broke into programming WZZM & Wood TV along with the sister stations went wall to wall with the weather. Major hail in Battle Creek & Allegan with the wind with thunderstorms was on for about an hour even know it didn't hit where I lived only heard a couple of rumbles of thunder that was about it. WWMT just did an update around 7:20PM about the storms went back to Wheel Fox17 kept it with sports with the map on the upper corner of the screen.

Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic