Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 6 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Pro-Palestinian terrorist protesters take over Columbia University building

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Rate This

Re: Pro-Palestinian terrorist protesters take over Columbia University building

Post by Rate This » Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:37 pm

bmw wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:06 pm
Rate This wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:35 am
Agreed. And for Beemer to claim they are “disrupting the entire higher education system is ludicrous…
While this is not an unbiased source, Al Jazeera claims they're quite widespread.

My bingo card has USC, Yale, Harvard and Columbia… if this business at Columbia were widespread like that chart claims any and all local news outlets would have cameras there like flies on shit.

If it was EMU, U of M or MSU 2, 4 and 7 would have round the clock coverage as would the News, free press and Mlive.

My vote is to go in there armed only with tasers and start hog tying them with zip ties. Just clear the building as carefully as possible. Removing protesters and injuring them don’t have to go together.

radiofann

Post by radiofann » Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:06 pm

Are these students the ones who want their student debt cancelled for their useless ‘gender studies/social justice’ PhD degree? Or if it’s too soon for that will they be asking for that in 10 yrs when they’re unemployable?

Or lets assume Mom and Dad are paying the bill. Mom and Dad likely have shares in international index funds in their 401ks which has built the family resources/wealth to help mom and Dad (LLC or Inc) foot said brats tuition and room/board? Those international index stock funds have share in companies all around the globe… including…. Israel.

Same for the professors retirement funds/pensions/TIAA/403B.

And why didn’t the students realize as high school seniors, ,the universities always had endowment investments in Israel and global index funds/global companies BEFORE they applied and were accepted to Columbia & other universities.
They’re just now learning about the Israel/Palestine conflict?

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:31 pm

Lots of ignorance going on in this discussion.

BMW, please provide a credible source that states the protesters are "Pro Palestinian Terrorist". They are protesting the 35,000 innocent civilians killed by the IDF. Pretend for a moment that those people killed were Catholic and you might understand the outrage.

And how many people did Trump's deplorables kill on January 6?

I understand that you have trouble getting facts straight, but try harder.
“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

radiofann

Post by radiofann » Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:46 pm

Here is who is fueling much of the terror on campuses.

Why do they wears masks? Because, if non-student soros funded terrorists, they don’t wish to be outed as non-students.

If students, they fear mommy and daddy finding out what little Johnny and Suzy are up,to during Finals week.

Take your pick, both apply.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Students_ ... _Palestine

https://nypost.com/2024/04/26/us-news/g ... tent-city/

radiofann

Post by radiofann » Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:49 pm

I’m still struggling to understand, how the idea,

that,certain Ivy League elite private universities fund Zionism, thru investments in US companies , defense contractors, international stock index funds with exposure to Israel companies,

escaped the smart minds of little Johnny and Suzy and their parents BEFORE they applied and were accepted to elite schools

Didn’t their elite high school counselors advise them on this?

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:55 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:31 pm
BMW, please provide a credible source that states the protesters are "Pro Palestinian Terrorist".
Straight from Columbia University's website:

https://publicsafety.columbia.edu/news/ ... ted-access
April 30, 2024
Effective immediately, access to the Morningside campus has been limited to students residing in residential buildings on campus (Carman, Furnald, John Jay, Hartley, Wallach, East Campus and Wien) and employees who provide essential services to campus buildings, labs and residential student life (for example, Dining, Public Safety, and building maintenance staff). There is no additional access to the Morningside campus.

The only access point into and out of campus is the 116th Street and Amsterdam gate. All other campus entry points are closed. Security personnel will remain in place at the Wien Gate for individuals requiring disability access to Wien Hall and East Campus.

This access restriction will remain in place until circumstances allow otherwise.

The safety of every single member of this community is paramount. We thank you for your patience, cooperation and understanding.
The last 3 sentences tell you all you need to know. Current circumstances make it unsafe to be on Columbia's campus. That's straight from whoever makes these decisions at Columbia. Perhaps you'd like to explain why it is currently unsafe to be on Columbia's campus if the protesters are simply peaceful people exercising their Constitutional right to free speech.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:02 pm

There are a great many people in this world that hate Jews. For whatever reason, People. Hate. Jews.

I'll never forget kids throwing rocks as I got onto a Hebrew school bus screaming "Fucking Kike!" at us. In Souhfield in 1968. Why?

My gentile wife would always tell me I'm overblowing things until recently. And while I'll never absolve Netanyahu of deserved blame for how he has reacted to the October massacre, I know in my gut that the reaction we've seen by large amount of the world is simply because a great amount of people hate Jews.
The censorship king from out of state.

radiofann

Post by radiofann » Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:10 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:31 pm
Lots of ignorance going on in this discussion.

BMW, please provide a credible source that states the protesters are "Pro Palestinian Terrorist". They are protesting the 35,000 innocent civilians killed by the IDF. Pretend for a moment that those people killed were Catholic and you might understand the outrage.

And how many people did Trump's deplorables kill on January 6?

I understand that you have trouble getting facts straight, but try harder.

I’m not sure trumps deplorables killed anyone on Jan 6. One of their own died in their own stupidity and stampede. My feelings then and now was law enforcement had every right to shoot to deter and kill the intruders, including Ashley Babbitt. As any one of us would have the right to do to protect our home, family, sanctuary and place of employment.

Just as now, with Columbia protestors forcibly breaking in, shattering glass, they are no different than the Jan 6 crazies. They at least deserve rubber bullets and teargas. As Tom cotton said, call in the national guard.

From The NY Times:
https://www.nytimes.com/2022/01/05/us/p ... eaths.html

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:26 pm

radiofann wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:06 pm
Are these students the ones who want their student debt cancelled for their useless ‘gender studies/social justice’ PhD degree? Or if it’s too soon for that will they be asking for that in 10 yrs when they’re unemployable?

Or lets assume Mom and Dad are paying the bill. Mom and Dad likely have shares in international index funds in their 401ks which has built the family resources/wealth to help mom and Dad (LLC or Inc) foot said brats tuition and room/board? Those international index stock funds have share in companies all around the globe… including…. Israel.

Same for the professors retirement funds/pensions/TIAA/403B.

And why didn’t the students realize as high school seniors, ,the universities always had endowment investments in Israel and global index funds/global companies BEFORE they applied and were accepted to Columbia & other universities.
They’re just now learning about the Israel/Palestine conflict?
Most likely they fell under the influence of someone loudly yelling about it and had no prior experience with the subject until someone “explained it”…

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:15 pm

Brown University has caved.
Brown University "conceded" to student protesters who have been encamped for days on the Providence, Rhode Island, campus in violation of policy, acquiescing to hold a vote in the fall on their proposal that the school divest from Israeli interests.

In exchange, the roughly 105 protesters, calling themselves the Brown Divest Coalition (BDC), agreed to tear down their encampment by 5 p.m. EST on Tuesday and cease protests through the end of the school year, which includes commencement on May 26.

"Brown administration has conceded to students' demand that the Corporation vote on divestment after years of tireless pressure from the student body, 61 student arrests, an eight day hunger strike and seven days of encampment," the BDC said in a post on X.
https://www.newsmax.com/us/Brown-pact-p ... d/1163002/

Chrocket87

Post by Chrocket87 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:15 pm

radiofann wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:06 pm
+1

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:20 pm

bmw wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:15 pm
Brown University "conceded" to student protesters who have been encamped for days on the Providence, Rhode Island, campus in violation of policy, acquiescing to hold a vote in the fall on their proposal that the school divest from Israeli interests.

In exchange, the roughly 105 protesters, calling themselves the Brown Divest Coalition (BDC), agreed to tear down their encampment by 5 p.m. EST on Tuesday and cease protests through the end of the school year, which includes commencement on May 26.

"Brown administration has conceded to students' demand that the Corporation vote on divestment after years of tireless pressure from the student body, 61 student arrests, an eight day hunger strike and seven days of encampment," the BDC said in a post on X.
Meanwhile Columbia has sent in the NYPD to make arrests and clear the protesters.

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:38 pm

This is much worse than the January 6 acts perpetrated by even the violent outside infiltrating perpetraitors not affiliated with Trump or MAGA. It's more on the level of the 2020 riots. Only a couple broken windows could be blamed on loyal Americans taken in by the infiltraitors at the Capitol. The rest were invited in by the police and just milled around the Capitol, and it's on video that was long suppressed by the Jan 6 Committee.

These commies at Columbia and other colleges deserve what they get if they are roughed up by police.
Last edited by Ben Zonia on Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:43 pm

bmw wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:15 pm

I actually view this as the leadership of Brown winning. They get the camp dismantled, and they say they'll vote on divesting in 4-5 months, at which time this will have been forgotten.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

**This space lives rent-free in BMW's head**

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:43 pm

Ben Zonia wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:38 pm
This is much worse than the January 6 acts perpetrated by even the outside infiltrating perpetraitors not affiliated with Trump or MAGA. It's more on the level of the 2020 riots.
You're delusional.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

**This space lives rent-free in BMW's head**

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic