Where’s Cricket? Kristi Noem Defends Killing Her Dog

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Matt

Re: Where’s Cricket? Kristi Noem Defends Killing Her Dog

Post by Matt » Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:27 pm

bmw wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:22 pm
Matt wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:03 pm
The Biden campaign really appreciates your $20 donation each time I type "fascinating" here.

Additionally, extending your analogy, if a 14 month old child isn't walking, do you think it is ok to shoot them? That is the logical conclusion to that shitty analogy.

And also, I like the word cunt waaaaaay more than fascinating.
The day you are born, you attain Constitutional rights. That makes your 14-month idea absurd.

My analogy simply illustrates the hypocrisy of using the private property argument to defend abortion but saying that killing a dog (also private property) is abhorrent.
If you shoot a pregnant dog, does that count as multiple murders?

We're ultimately on the same side. I'm just ahead of you in abhorring Trump.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

**This space lives rent-free in BMW's head**

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:29 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:58 pm
If Trump picks her do you think this could matter? Usually VP’s don’t make a difference but she’d be unusually close to getting the big chair. Undoubtedly they’d hang this story around both of their necks. Trump even wrote an Amazon review for the book already supposedly that was glowing.
Yes, I think it could matter on the margins.

She arguably was the front-runner for the #2 spot on the ticket. If she doesn't do proper damage control quickly, I think she'll fall out of favor with Trump, and he'll pick someone else.

My guess is he'll pick Tim Scott. Trump's campaign already is aware of apathy amongst the black community relative to Joe Biden. Trump's polling with blacks is already stronger than what most GOP hopefuls would enjoy. Adding Scott to the ticket could help solidify that support.
That would really tick off Nikki.
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Round Six

Post by Round Six » Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:53 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:11 pm
The fact that Noem brings up the dog killing completely on her own and puts it in her autobiography speaks volumes about her political acumen.
Having read all the posts, what you say is what was running thru my mind. Why did she or her handlers feel the need to include this in her autobiography?
Life is not a dress rehearsal. This is it. There's no going back, and we can only go forward before we run out of runway.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:57 pm

She was touting it as an example of being able to make "tough decisions."

To me, it suggests she is irresponsible and exercises poor judgment.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:01 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:57 pm

Sane people agree with your statement.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

**This space lives rent-free in BMW's head**

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:11 pm

Matt wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:01 pm
MWmetalhead wrote:

Waiting for Bryce to chime in here.....
The censorship king from out of state.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:00 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:11 pm
Matt wrote:
MWmetalhead wrote:

Same. Came here to post that.
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:01 pm

Maybe she can run with Shri Thanedar for the Dog Killers' Party?
Last edited by MotorCityRadioFreak on Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:36 pm

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:00 pm
Honeyman wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:11 pm
Matt wrote:
MWmetalhead wrote:

Same. Came here to post that.
I know how I would hope he would react.
“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:24 pm

So is the majority opinion here that dogs are more deserving of life than are unborn humans?

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:54 pm

bmw wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:24 pm
So is the majority opinion here that dogs are more deserving of life than are unborn humans?
No. The majority opinion appears to be that killing a dog is bad and abortions (what’s happening inside a person) is none of anyone’s damn business. Of course the biggest difference is the dog has been born and the clump of cells that’s usually not much more than that when an abortion happens really isn’t a person yet. But nobody is taking out a billboard touting their joy in getting an abortion or wearing it as a badge of honor. NOBODY. Apparently for yourself and many other supposed small government folks apparently that doesn’t include the government keeping its nose out of peoples sex lives or what they read or who they love. You want the government as absolutely large and in charge as it can get to cover people’s personal lives lest they offend your sensibilities.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:08 pm

Rate This wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:54 pm
But nobody is taking out a billboard touting their joy in getting an abortion or wearing it as a badge of honor. NOBODY.
Perhaps not, but there are lots of politicians who campaign on, as well as plenty of women who staunchly support protecting one's right to get an abortion.

This would be no different than if people campaigned on staunchly protecting one's right to kill their pet.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:12 pm

bmw wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:08 pm
Rate This wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:54 pm
But nobody is taking out a billboard touting their joy in getting an abortion or wearing it as a badge of honor. NOBODY.
Perhaps not, but there are lots of politicians who campaign on, as well as plenty of women who staunchly support protecting one's right to get an abortion.

This would be no different than if people campaigned on staunchly protecting one's right to kill their pet.
But it’s not a pet… it’s a biological process playing out inside of someone. You’re arguing that the person this is happening to should have no say in the matter too bad so sad. The state forcing someone to have a biological process play out inside of a person or there could be fines or jail for years is creepy as hell. It’s the opposite of small government. It’s literally monitoring the activities of someone’s genitalia… for god sakes… in any other context you’d be labeled a pervert for caring so damn much.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:16 pm

You're missing the point. So let me ask you 2 questions:

In your opinion, is a pet one's personal property?
In your opinion, is a fetus the personal property of its mother?

As far as "caring so damn much," that's not really the case. I would probably be considered as a centrist by most when it comes to the abortion debate. I just like calling out the rhetorical gymnastics that people go through to defend abortion while not applying the same logic to their opinions on other matters.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:30 pm

bmw wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:16 pm
You're missing the point. So let me ask you 2 questions:

In your opinion, is a pet one's personal property?
In your opinion, is a fetus the personal property of its mother?

As far as "caring so damn much," that's not really the case. I would probably be considered as a centrist by most when it comes to the abortion debate. I just like calling out the rhetorical gymnastics that people go through to defend abortion while not applying the same logic to their opinions on other matters.
A fetus is not personal property where a dog technically is. The fetus is a part of the mother until it comes out. LITERALLY a part of the mother.

Let me ask this in response:
Sperm are alive… they swim on their own… they are cells… they are alive. Why are vasectomies ok? Shouldn’t that natural process not be stopped if abortions aren’t ok either?

Second… if the folks who stand on the corner protesting abortion clinics are so concerned… why aren’t they going to the women attending the clinics and offering to take the kid off their hands if only they’ll see it through? It’s great to protest but saying not my problem at the point your protesting works is bush league.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic