Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 6 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Where’s Cricket? Kristi Noem Defends Killing Her Dog

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
bmw

Re: Where’s Cricket? Kristi Noem Defends Killing Her Dog

Post by bmw » Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:01 pm

Dogs are considered "personal property" in most jurisdictions. Isn't that the exact same argument that many in the pro-choice crowd make about why it should be legal to kill the unborn - that the unborn is legally nothing more than personal property of the mother?

Seems like a fair analogy to me.

As an aside, the animosity several of you have towards audiophile is well-documented in here and, to use one of Matt's favorite words, "fascinating." Seriously, seek help.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:03 pm

bmw wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:01 pm
Dogs are considered "personal property" in most jurisdictions. Isn't that the exact same argument that many in the pro-choice crowd make about why it should be legal to kill the unborn - that the unborn is legally nothing more than personal property of the mother?

Seems like a fair analogy to me.

As an aside, the animosity several of you have towards audiophile is well-documented in here and, to use one of Matt's favorite words, "fascinating." Seriously, seek help.
The Biden campaign really appreciates your $20 donation each time I type "fascinating" here.

Additionally, extending your analogy, if a 14 month old child isn't walking, do you think it is ok to shoot them? That is the logical conclusion to that shitty analogy.

And also, I like the word cunt waaaaaay more than fascinating.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

**This space lives rent-free in BMW's head**

zzand

Post by zzand » Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:21 pm

As an animal lover there is no justification for what she did. The shelter, her vet, if she has one, a trainer. Those would be the only ways to properly handle this. One of my daughters has a 80 pound staffie and a140 pound Mastiff. I call them my grand pups and have spent weekends dog sitting for her so her family can go away. Sorry but this is wrong and if she ends up as Trumps running mate it will be just one more reason not to vote for him

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:28 pm

Matt wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:57 pm
I don't understand your obsession with Meghan McCain.
Didn't you also have a crush on Eleanor Roosevelt?
“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Chrocket87

Post by Chrocket87 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:43 pm

How about those of us who find shooting a dog that can’t be trained by the individual AND killing a fetus (with some exceptions) abhorrent? Let’s address what kind of a sick fuck would take a dog to a gravel pile and shoot it instead of calling a shelter or attempting to rehome it instead of the usual engaging in Soviet-style whataboutism BS.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:53 pm

I can think of many ways comparing the choice between killing and an animal shelter are different than adoption and a professional medically regulated abortion.

All these options are legal most places, but there are political consequences. She's an idiot.
“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:55 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:53 pm
I can think of many ways comparing the choice between killing and an animal shelter are different than adoption and a professional medically regulated abortion.

All these options are legal most places, but there are political consequences. She's an idiot.
Can we dispense with the abortions after maybe 8 weeks being a vanity choice thing already? If it gets that far people don't flippantly run out and get abortions. There's the MORNING AFTER pill.. not the 5 months later damn I don't want it now get it out of me pill... The people that really think this is something akin to a thrill ride and the women are cackling away with pride during the procedure are the true idiots. Noem is in a close second. If some folks truly believe an abortion doesn't weigh on the person and isn't a hard decision I have an igloo in the Sahara Desert for sale.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:06 pm

Noem was shocked a breed of dog that's known for possessing a strong prey drive showed...wait for it...a strong prey drive!

The dog bit her at the chicken ranch most likely because of "food guarding". That is a somewhat common behavioral issue with dogs.

Instead of doing the right thing for the animal, she impulsively decides to kill it. Why did the stupid ass allow her dog to run off-leash at the neighbor's chicken ranch in the first place?

Someone prone to making outrageously rash decisions such as murdering the family dog for no good reason is unfit for the Vice Presidency.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:24 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:06 pm
Noem was shocked a breed of dog that's known for possessing a strong prey drive showed...wait for it...a strong prey drive!

The dog bit her at the chicken ranch most likely because of "food guarding". That is a somewhat common behavioral issue with dogs.

Instead of doing the right thing for the animal, she impulsively decides to kill it. Why did the stupid ass allow her dog to run off-leash at the neighbor's chicken ranch in the first place?

Someone prone to making outrageously rash decisions such as murdering the family dog for no good reason is unfit for the Vice Presidency.
I assume the dog wasn’t on a leash to begin with and she doesn't believe in such niceties or have an earthly clue how to properly handle dogs. I have my first one now and I can figure out she’s an idiot.

If Trump picks her do you think this could matter? Usually VP’s don’t make a difference but she’d be unusually close to getting the big chair. Undoubtedly they’d hang this story around both of their necks. Trump even wrote an Amazon review for the book already supposedly that was glowing.

zzand

Post by zzand » Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:47 pm

I said somewhere in this forum that the Vice President is going to be very important this time around as both candidates are at the point in life where it is a good bet they won't make it through a four year term.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:54 pm

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

**This space lives rent-free in BMW's head**

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:58 pm

If Trump picks her do you think this could matter? Usually VP’s don’t make a difference but she’d be unusually close to getting the big chair. Undoubtedly they’d hang this story around both of their necks. Trump even wrote an Amazon review for the book already supposedly that was glowing.
Yes, I think it could matter on the margins.

She arguably was the front-runner for the #2 spot on the ticket. If she doesn't do proper damage control quickly, I think she'll fall out of favor with Trump, and he'll pick someone else.

My guess is he'll pick Tim Scott. Trump's campaign already is aware of apathy amongst the black community relative to Joe Biden. Trump's polling with blacks is already stronger than what most GOP hopefuls would enjoy. Adding Scott to the ticket could help solidify that support.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:08 pm

A couple web sites I perused indicated the breed can develop biting tendencies if not properly trained and socialized. Chewy.com gave the breed a score of only 2 on a 5 point scale with regard to biting (the lower the score, the greater the biting risk).

She clearly was overwhelmed by the dog's behavioral challenges and took out her frustrations on the dog. Not cool. Rather disgusting, actually.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:11 pm

The fact that Noem brings up the dog killing completely on her own and puts it in her autobiography speaks volumes about her political acumen.
The censorship king from out of state.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:22 pm

Matt wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:03 pm
The Biden campaign really appreciates your $20 donation each time I type "fascinating" here.

Additionally, extending your analogy, if a 14 month old child isn't walking, do you think it is ok to shoot them? That is the logical conclusion to that shitty analogy.

And also, I like the word cunt waaaaaay more than fascinating.
The day you are born, you attain Constitutional rights. That makes your 14-month idea absurd.

My analogy simply illustrates the hypocrisy of using the private property argument to defend abortion but saying that killing a dog (also private property) is abhorrent.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic