Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Let's talk about the merits of the NY case against Trump

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Ben Zonia

Re: Let's talk about the merits of the NY case against Trump

Post by Ben Zonia » Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:51 pm

Donald Trump is Emmanuel Goldstein to the Democrats. The "Biden" administration is the manifestation of Big Brother.

https://study.com/academy/lesson/emmanu ... -1984.html

"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:52 pm

zzand wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:00 am
You are correct, paying Stormy to keep her mouth shut, after the sex haha, is shady but legal. Saying it was a loan...is not legal.
That's not how I interpret what the prosecution is arguing. I think the allegation is that Cohen's payment to Daniels constitutes a loan to the Trump campaign. Had Trump just flat-out paid her directly, I don't think there would even be an issue here.
zzand wrote:
The catch and kill any stories on it to keep them from the public is also a form of fraud as is the lying about the hush money.
That depends. Trump will undoubtedly argue that his motives were simply to protect his brand and his family and that benefiting his campaign for President wasn't even something that went through his mind.

Unless the prosecution has proof beyond just Cohen's testimony, it is going to be very difficult to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that Trump specifically directed Cohen to pay Daniels and did it that way so as to hide a campaign contribution as a loan that could be book-kept as a legal fee. That's quite an elaborate scam if true.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:08 pm

zzand wrote:
. As for commercials, does Tide get your whites whiter, are Busch's Baked Beans really better than any other brand on the market? Is quality job one at Ford? You get the drift right?
I find it odd anyone would compare commercials to sell products with political ads to get elected.

Product ads tell me why I should buy their product. They don't say bad things about other detergent , cars or beans. 90% of political ads tell me why I should NOT vote for the opponent. They are negative ads and when they lie it should be a crime in my opinion.

If Tide doesn't get my whites whiter I can switch brands instantly. A little harder with a car but its still within my power. I can't just switch politicians on my own. The stakes are much higher with POTUS or congressman than a can of beans. So I reject your comparison.
I no longer directly engage trolls

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:22 pm

craig11152 wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:08 pm
zzand wrote:
. As for commercials, does Tide get your whites whiter, are Busch's Baked Beans really better than any other brand on the market? Is quality job one at Ford? You get the drift right?
I find it odd anyone would compare commercials to sell products with political ads to get elected.

Product ads tell me why I should buy their product. They don't say bad things about other detergent , cars or beans. 90% of political ads tell me why I should NOT vote for the opponent. They are negative ads and when they lie it should be a crime in my opinion.

If Tide doesn't get my whites whiter I can switch brands instantly. A little harder with a car but its still within my power. I can't just switch politicians on my own. The stakes are much higher with POTUS or congressman than a can of beans. So I reject your comparison.
Advertisers do whatever works best to "sell" their product. Most products rely on repeat purchasing, so tend to stress the products benefits. ASPCA uses sympathy showing abused dogs to get donations. It's been proven that negative political ads work, so that is what we see en masse.
The censorship king from out of state.

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:36 pm

All the revelations by Biden's daughter, and you're talking about Trump and Stormy Daniels? Someone sent to jail because they found the diary Biden's daughter left behind in a residence, claiming she stole it?

What about Hunter Biden's Laptop? Left behind at the Apple repair shop? The FBI knew it was real, but claimed it was Russian disinformation. What about Tony Bobulinski's revelations?

What about all the perversion of Democrats related to Jeffrey Epstein, and the names of "clients" that still haven't been released? What about the other places boys and girls were molested besides Epstein Island?

And now they want to send Trump to jail to get the Epstein treatment? And not give him Secret Service Protection?

Remember they claimed that Trump colluded with the Russians to win in 2016. Remember the murder of Seth Rich, who revealed the illegal Clinton emails? Remember Clinton's illegal emails on her bathroom computer? Remember the illegal documents stored in Biden's garage next to his Corvette, that as VP he wasn't legally in possession of?

Trump's enemies are all Psychotic.
"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:05 pm

bmw wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:52 pm
Unless the prosecution has proof beyond just Cohen's testimony, it is going to be very difficult to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that Trump specifically directed Cohen to pay Daniels and did it that way so as to hide a campaign contribution as a loan that could be book-kept as a legal fee. That's quite an elaborate scam if true.

If the prosecution had a case this weak, Trump would have shut it down already. The fact is there is no jurisdiction in the US more capable of pursuing White Collar crime than in Manhattan. Trump likely committed fraud, and to suggest that it's not worth pursuing is really only the responsibility of one person.
“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

zzand

Post by zzand » Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:12 pm

A political commercial is selling a product. Nothing more or less.

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:54 pm

I realize that 1998 was before most of the posters on this board were born, but $850,000 >>$130,000 to make a case go away. In today's dollars, much greater still. Bill wasn't indicted for anything, and I don't recall a trial. I recall an impeachment, and a majority for conviction but far short of the 67 for constitutional Senate conviction. And who knows what Monica was paid under the table. There was a perjury charge and contempt of court charge, but nothing that was considered a criminal trial. Treating Trump differently than Clinton violates equal protection under the law, and the Supreme Court should swiftly rule that.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/p ... 111498.htm

AMENDMENT XIV from 1868.

Section 1.
All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. NO STATE shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

-Author Unknown

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:12 pm

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the feds review this case prior and decide to not prosecute? This is like if some state charged Hillary Clinton with state-level crimes tied to federal-level felonies over her handling of classified emails after Loretta Lynch had already decided not to prosecute.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:44 pm

bmw wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:12 pm
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the feds review this case prior and decide to not prosecute? This is like if some state charged Hillary Clinton with state-level crimes tied to federal-level felonies over her handling of classified emails after Loretta Lynch had already decided not to prosecute.
If Trump is smart he won’t say much and if their case is as weak as they are gaslighting that it is the prosecution will fail.

zzand

Post by zzand » Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:04 pm

If Trump is smart. Laughed my ass off.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:11 pm

zzand wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:04 pm
If Trump is smart. Laughed my ass off.
He's already got a hearing for criminal contempt of court. BMW, is Trump a victim with this too?
The judge overseeing former President Donald J. Trump’s trial in Manhattan held a fiery hearing on Tuesday about whether to find Mr. Trump in criminal contempt for repeatedly violating the provisions of a gag order.

While the judge, Juan M. Merchan, did not issue an immediate ruling, he engaged in a heated back-and-forth with one of Mr. Trump’s lawyers, scolding him for his failure to offer any facts in his defense of the former president.

“You’ve presented nothing,” Justice Merchan told the lawyer, Todd Blanche, adding soon after: “You’re losing all credibility with the court.”

Justice Merchan’s rebuke came moments after prosecutors in the Manhattan district attorney’s office had complained that Mr. Trump willfully violated the gag order by making 10 public statements on social media and on his campaign website that attacked two likely witnesses and the jury.
― Matt

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:00 pm

I think Trump is daring the Judge to find him in contempt.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:02 pm

bmw wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:00 pm
The judge SHOULD Find him in contempt. He’s so clearly violating the gag order…..

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:10 pm

bmw wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:00 pm
So he's demonstrating he has no respect for the rule of law. It's evident with his 91 indictments in multiple jurisdictions. Maybe he has earned everything he's getting. Ever heard the phrase "Pissing in the wind"?
― Matt

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic