Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Baltimore bridge collapses

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
matt1

Baltimore bridge collapses

Post by matt1 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:25 am

The Frances Scott Key bridge in Baltimore hit by a cargo ship at 1:30 this morning!! Go to the 2:40 mark of the video. :shock: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqipWZMo4zk

matt1

Re: Baltimore bridge collapses

Post by matt1 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:46 am

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:58 am

Some pilot will have some explaining to do.
I no longer directly engage trolls

zzand

Post by zzand » Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:16 am

One report we aired said the crew said the ship lost all navigation before the hit.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:00 am

MSNBC is reporting that Trump is responsible.
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:53 am

Bryce wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:00 am
MSNBC is reporting that Trump is responsible.
Trump Derangement Syndrome remains strong in Bryce. This might be the worst case on record with the Trump victimhood level at 11. It's strange the loyalty that this carnival barker has manifested. It's easy (and necessary) to quit being a Trump fanboy, which will allow you to recover from your TDS.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

zzand

Post by zzand » Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:14 am

and to make light of this event when people could be dead and most certainly injured is in the poorest taste. But what do you expect from a Trump fanboy.

Round Six

Post by Round Six » Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:21 am

zzand wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:14 am
and to make light of this event when people could be dead and most certainly injured is in the poorest taste. But what do you expect from a Trump fanboy.
Unfortunately I think it's safe to say people have passed.

Something was going on at the top. Maybe road construction. Or possibly emergency vehicles watching the ship approach. Looks like the road wasn't blocked off so I'm thinking construction.

Either way looking at Matt Junior's video, you can see a few vehicles with flashers on top go down with the bridge.
Life is not a dress rehearsal. This is it. There's no going back, and we can only go forward before we run out of runway.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 am

Round Six wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:21 am
zzand wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:14 am
Unfortunately I think it's safe to say people have passed.

Something was going on at the top. Maybe road construction. Or possibly emergency vehicles watching the ship approach. Looks like the road wasn't blocked off so I'm thinking construction.

Either way looking at Matt Junior's video, you can see a few vehicles with flashers on top go down with the bridge.
Apparently there was a mayday from the ship that allowed them to limit traffic. There was evidently a construction crew on the bridge at the time.

Round Six

Post by Round Six » Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:22 am

Rate This wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 am
Apparently there was a mayday from the ship that allowed them to limit traffic. There was evidently a construction crew on the bridge at the time.
Yeah I probably shouldn't be commenting yet. All I know is what I see here. Lately I'm not watching the boob tube before I head out.
Life is not a dress rehearsal. This is it. There's no going back, and we can only go forward before we run out of runway.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:57 pm

There was a crew of folks filling potholes on the bridge during the overnight hours to minimize traffic flow disruption.

They happened to be working on the span that fell into the water. All are believed to have perished.

It is unclear to me how much time existed between when the mayday call was made versus when the collision actually occurred.

What a truly horrific and tragic event.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

radiofann

Post by radiofann » Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:00 pm

Supossedly all lights went off on the ship prior to crashing into the bridge. Lost all power.

Question on TV : “why didn’t they immediately drop all four anchors?”
Maybe due to no power.

Hope the authorities get to the bottom of this.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:54 pm

Anchors were indeed dropped into the water, but evidently they either didn't hit bottom in time or weren't sufficient to bring forward speed to a stop in time to prevent the collision.

Per CNN:
The ship dropped its anchors as part of an emergency procedure before hitting the bridge, the Maritime and Port Authority of Singapore told CNN. The vessel is currently holding its position at the site of the collision and is in a stable condition and all 22 of the ship’s crew members are safe and accounted for, the agency added.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

radiofann

Post by radiofann » Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:19 pm

Thanks for the anchor info. Makes sense.

Question : when Biden promises the bridge will be rebuilt with federal money, I assume our effective federal govt firstly, or subsequently , will go after the shipping company who I assume would have insurance to cover the costs.

Don’t stick the federal taxpayer ( you and I) for this accident.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:58 pm

radiofann wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:19 pm
Thanks for the anchor info. Makes sense.

Question : when Biden promises the bridge will be rebuilt with federal money, I assume our effective federal govt firstly, or subsequently , will go after the shipping company who I assume would have insurance to cover the costs.

Don’t stick the federal taxpayer ( you and I) for this accident.
They’ll go after the company for sure. Not sure if they’ll get the full amount which I imagine is incredibly large.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic