Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Baltimore bridge collapses

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
craig11152

Re: Baltimore bridge collapses

Post by craig11152 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 7:16 am

I am hearing the possibility of contaminated fuel. If that is true it's not on the ship owners.

I no longer directly engage trolls

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:59 am

craig11152 wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 7:16 am
I am hearing the possibility of contaminated fuel. If that is true it's not on the ship owners.
I agree partially.

Even I sniff the fuel I'm putting into my vehicle, because gasoline mixed in diesel fuel can damage the expensive HPFP and injectors.

Diesel isn't very volatile, but Gasoline can smelled some distance away.
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:10 am

audiophile wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:59 am
craig11152 wrote:
I agree partially.

Even I sniff the fuel I'm putting into my vehicle, because gasoline mixed in diesel fuel can damage the expensive HPFP and injectors.

Some of those ships hold 2-3 million gallons of fuel or more. I don't think the ships crew is sniffing anything while they stick a hose in a tank.
I no longer directly engage trolls

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:41 am

Maybe they should be.
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:43 am

audiophile wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:41 am
Maybe they should be.
At that volume you probably wouldn’t be able to easily tell if they simply refuel long before they run out. I’m also not sure it’s that accessible that you can even smell it.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:45 am

audiophile wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:59 am
craig11152 wrote:
I agree partially.

Audiophile admits to substance abuse, news at 11.

https://www.banyantreatmentcenter.com/2 ... gh-stuart/
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:01 am

radiofann wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:19 pm
Thanks for the anchor info. Makes sense.

Question : when Biden promises the bridge will be rebuilt with federal money, I assume our effective federal govt firstly, or subsequently , will go after the shipping company who I assume would have insurance to cover the costs.

Don’t stick the federal taxpayer ( you and I) for this accident.
He's a dementia/addled idiot to make such commitments. The government will end up spending 10x what it should cost to restore the bridge and they never will recover the total cost of the accident. Maryland certainly should have big part (and actually the PRIMARY role) in restoring the bridge, with perhaps HELP from the federal government.

teetoppz28

Post by teetoppz28 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:03 am

Last edited by teetoppz28 on Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dropping knowledge on forum MAGAts.
Unapologetically intellectually superior.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:08 am

km1125 wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:01 am
radiofann wrote:

Question : when Biden promises the bridge will be rebuilt with federal money, I assume our effective federal govt firstly, or subsequently , will go after the shipping company who I assume would have insurance to cover the costs.

He's a dementia/addled idiot to make such commitments. The government will end up spending 10x what it should cost to restore the bridge and they never will recover the total cost of the accident. Maryland certainly should have big part (and actually the PRIMARY role) in restoring the bridge, with perhaps HELP from the federal government.
It’s a federal highway… it’s not like it was a city street. There is usually some mix of funding there that follows a formula so undoubtedly there will be both state and federal funding involved to get it fixed. That’s just how this works. I would also bet they will be getting some money from the insurance of the shipowner or the company itself. That hardly sounds dementia addled no matter how much you want it to be true. Whenever there is a disaster of this magnitude the Feds promise to help rebuild. Where have you been?
Last edited by Rate This on Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:12 am

Exactly. It was an interstate freeway. The collapsed bridge makes an extremely important port for international commerce largely unnavigable. I think it is very appropriate for the federal government to have integral involvement in the recovery and reconstruction.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

FakeAndyStuart

Post by FakeAndyStuart » Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:27 am

km1125 wrote:
radiofann wrote:

You are a pure and complete idiot. When the bridge in Minnesota collapsed 17 years ago Congress passed a supplemental funding bill UNANIMOUSLY (I think it was a voice vote in the Senate) and signed by George W Bush within 5 days of the collapse. It's a Federal Highway (freeway) created by Republican Dwight D Eisenhower, and the responsibility of the Federal Government to replace. And it always has been.

It's idiot like you with their pejorative unproven claims that are causing havoc in this country. Shut the fuck up and delete your account.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:31 am

Rate This wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:08 am
km1125 wrote:
radiofann wrote:

It’s a federal highway… it’s not like it was a city street. There is usually some mix of funding there that follows a formula so undoubtedly there will be both state and federal funding involved to get it fixed. That’s just how this works. I would also bet they will be getting some money from the insurance of the shipowner or the company itself. That hardly sounds dementia addled no matter how much you want it to be true. Whenever there is a disaster of this magnitude the Feds promise to help rebuild. Where have you been?
Well, not really...
The 19.37-mile (31.17 km) portion of the Baltimore Beltway between I-95 northeast of Baltimore and I-97 south of Baltimore is officially Maryland Route 695 (MD 695) and is not part of the Interstate Highway System but is signed as I-695. The Francis Scott Key Bridge that crossed over the Patapsco River was included in this section of the route before the bridge's collapse on March 26, 2024.
And certainly it's appropriate for the feds to be involved on something of this scale, but NOT THE PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITY. They WERE NOT when the Sunshine Skyway event happened, which is nearly identical in scope to this event.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:43 am

km1125 wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:31 am
Rate This wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:08 am
km1125 wrote:
radiofann wrote:

Well, not really...
The 19.37-mile (31.17 km) portion of the Baltimore Beltway between I-95 northeast of Baltimore and I-97 south of Baltimore is officially Maryland Route 695 (MD 695) and is not part of the Interstate Highway System but is signed as I-695. The Francis Scott Key Bridge that crossed over the Patapsco River was included in this section of the route before the bridge's collapse on March 26, 2024.
And certainly it's appropriate for the feds to be involved on something of this scale, but NOT THE PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITY. They WERE NOT when the Sunshine Skyway event happened, which is nearly identical in scope to this event.
Because of the need to get the route to the Port of Baltimore open it’s in the vital national interest to get that rebuilt and that channel open. This event is going to cause serious supply chain issues and have ripple effects. Not a good time to tell Maryland to come up with most of the money and see how long it takes them. It’s gotta get redone NOW.

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:47 am

Baltimore Sun, May 10, 1980

(The day after the Sunshine Skyway Bridge in Tampa Bay was struck by a freighter)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic