Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Trump can't make bond

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Rate This

Re: Trump can't make bond

Post by Rate This » Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:11 am

zzand wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:04 am
I don't believe I have said my life is ruined. Far from it. I run two successful stations, live comfortably, have 7 fantastic grand kids, three great kids and do just fine. Shop, clean, cook, all that good stuff. Takes longer these days but I have adjusted for that, the handicap placard means great parking spots. When the time comes I will adjust again. Glass half full type here. As for what Covid would have done to me. I saw the effects it had on my daughters and son, all who suffered through it as they, like I kept working through the worst of it. My son almost died, my oldest was out of action for two months, youngest had long covid issues. Doesn't take a scientist to see where I would have ended up with my health issues. Even though my surgeon told me no more shots, he agreed that taking the first three was the right thing to do, even with the side effects.
It sounds like you and your close relatives were some of the unfortunate folks who had a genetic predisposition to not doing well with anything to with the virus. It’s amazing how some people barely felt it and others couldn’t take it a bit. The guy who ran a bowling alley I frequented before the pandemic actually died of COVID and happened to be Jewish. I wonder if anyone has broken down ethnic statistics vis-a-vis deaths? It would be really interesting if there was a clear ethnic or genetic tendency there.

zzand

Post by zzand » Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:28 am

I take ZInc daily for what it's worth. And how you take something someone else wrote is not on me, but you. As for being Jewish and an Ashkenazi Jew at that, it would be interesting to know the breakdown.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:36 am

bmw wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:10 am
You both missed my point, which was that the vaccine was not the only alternative to doing nothing. And when presented with 2 options that royally suck when there are in fact viable alternatives, I would be researching the hell out of those alternatives before choosing one of the 2 terrible options. Again, maybe that's just be, but that seems like the rational way to approach it. I pointed both of you to a study on zinc and got no response whatsoever. That is just one example. There are others.

btw - I interpreted "I am fully vaxxed and have fallen victim to side effects that have drastically changed my life" as "wrecking" your life.
You want a response to zinc? It’s inferior to the vaccine in every measurable way. Why? Read what the National Institutes of Health says and why they DO NOT recommend zinc as a preventative to COVID-19. This includes substantial limitations with the studies and the major health implications of prolonged elevated zinc exposure which can include irreversible side effects as well as reversible ones in as little as a year or less. Please leave medicine to the folks who spent a decade learning how to do it before they were let out in their own.

From the NIH in late 2023:
https://www.covid19treatmentguidelines. ... ents/zinc/

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Mar 22, 2024 12:05 pm

And then this was this stupid idea..
During the COVID-19 pandemic, Alex Jones promoted colloidal silver as a treatment for the coronavirus. Gwyneth Paltrow once told Dr. Oz that colloidal silver “really keeps viruses away.” Before Paltrow, libertarians gravitated toward colloidal silver in the early aughts in part thanks to a man named Stan Jones, who also turned blue from ingesting too much colloidal silver.
Last edited by TC Talks on Fri Mar 22, 2024 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Fri Mar 22, 2024 12:41 pm

I never heard that Zinc or Silver alone could prevent or treat COVID.

I did hear that Zinc COMBINED with antivirals, that were banned, including the one they called horse paste, that had previously received a Nobel Prize for its antiviral properties, enhanced prevention and treatment. Certain supplements with MODERATE amounts of Zinc are beneficial for many conditions.

Also, before Trump inadvisably promoted "warp speed" development of vaccines, even Dr. Fauci was saying that certain vitamins were associated with less infections and less severe symptoms. I know that many of you are ignorant about Hard Science, but "warp speed" is Science Fiction, not Science. The same applies with vaccines. You can't rush research without severe consequences.

An Emergency Room Physician from FL told our small group of college reunion attendees, without even being asked about it, that the early treatments were killing people, especially ventilators.
"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:55 pm

Ben Zonia wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2024 12:41 pm

I did hear that Zinc COMBINED with antivirals, that were banned, including the one they called horse paste, that had previously received a Nobel Prize for its antiviral properties, enhanced prevention and treatment. Certain supplements with MODERATE amounts of Zinc are beneficial for many conditions.

Also, before Trump inadvisably promoted "warp speed" development of vaccines, even Dr. Fauci was saying that certain vitamins were associated with less infections and less severe symptoms. I know that many of you are ignorant about Hard Science, but "warp speed" is Science Fiction, not Science. The same applies with vaccines. You can't rush research without severe consequences.

An Emergency Room Physician from FL told our small group of college reunion attendees, without even being asked about it, that the early treatments were killing people, especially ventilators.
This moron is still nagging Trump about the one good thing he did during covid.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Motown322

Post by Motown322 » Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:04 pm

Matt wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:55 pm
This moron is still nagging Trump about the one good thing he did during covid.
I was just happy to hear that Trump University actually graduated some people.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:01 pm

Ben Zonia wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2024 12:41 pm

Every Mike Lindell type was hawking colloidal silver for a cure or saying 5G was the cause of COVID at the beginning of the pandemic. Then, the ivermectin shit started.
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:48 pm

Didn't Trump talk about drinking bleach? Too bad his advisors stopped him.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:50 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:48 pm
Didn't Trump talk about drinking bleach?
No.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:54 pm

bmw wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:50 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:48 pm
Didn't Trump talk about drinking bleach?
No.
Sorry, INJECT bleach...
https://youtu.be/PAauiLx3AvQ?si=7p7aY06vMWYUDjIX

And the sane people who had to clean up his stupidity...

https://youtu.be/9hMWMtGbsyo?si=ZFFFQOXQOIcMG1oF
― Noam Chomsky

zzand

Post by zzand » Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:06 pm

Maybe he did. That would explain a lot.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sun Mar 24, 2024 5:24 pm

Twenty-four hours to go. I expect there might be food on the walls at Maralargo tonight.
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Mar 24, 2024 6:07 pm

He will have a busy Monday...
Donald J. Trump is expected to spend his Monday morning in the courtroom of a New York judge who might soon preside over his criminal trial and, ultimately, throw him behind bars. And that’s not even the legal predicament that worries Mr. Trump most that day.

The hearing in his Manhattan criminal prosecution — in which he is accused of covering up a sex scandal to pave his way to the presidency — comes as he races to fend off a financial crisis arising from a $454 million judgment in another case. The New York attorney general, Letitia James, who brought that civil fraud suit against the former president and his family business, might begin to collect as soon as Monday.

To avoid a mortal threat to the Trump Organization, Mr. Trump must persuade another company to post a bond on his behalf, promising that it will cover the judgment if he loses a pending appeal and fails to pay. Yet Mr. Trump’s lawyers in court papers said that securing the bond would be a “practical impossibility,” because he would need to pledge some $550 million in cash and liquid investments as collateral to the bond company — an admission that laid bare the former president’s cash crunch.

Unless Mr. Trump strikes an 11th-hour deal, Ms. James could freeze his bank accounts, and begin the long and complicated process of seizing some of his properties. And barring Mr. Trump’s lawyers achieving an improbable legal triumph, the judge in his criminal case could set a trial date for as soon as next month.

The twin threats — on the same day, in the same town — crystallize two of Mr. Trump’s greatest and longest-held fears: a criminal conviction and a public perception that he does not have as much cash as he claims.
― Noam Chomsky

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon Mar 25, 2024 12:35 pm

Lester might lose some sleep tonight.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-bond ... -deadline/

Appeals Court reduced bond amount from $464 mil to $175 mil and granted a 10-day extension.

He will no doubt come up with the money, and when all is said and done, the amount he actually ends up having to pay will be drastically reduced.

BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE....
In addition to the financial portion of the lower court's decision, the appeals court stayed the three-year bars against Trump from applying for loans from New York financial institutions, the two-year prohibition against Donald Trump Jr. and Eric Trump from serving as officers or directors in New York companies and the permanent bar against former Trump Organization CFO Allen Weisselberg and controller Jeff McConney from serving in financial control positions in New York businesses.
GOOD.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic