Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Trump can't make bond

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
TC Talks

Re: Trump can't make bond

Post by TC Talks » Mon Mar 25, 2024 12:51 pm

It's biblical. #TrumpJesus

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Mar 25, 2024 1:09 pm

bmw wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2024 12:35 pm
Lester might lose some sleep tonight.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-bond ... -deadline/

Appeals Court reduced bond amount from $464 mil to $175 mil and granted a 10-day extension.

He will no doubt come up with the money, and when all is said and done, the amount he actually ends up having to pay will be drastically reduced.

BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE....
In addition to the financial portion of the lower court's decision, the appeals court stayed the three-year bars against Trump from applying for loans from New York financial institutions, the two-year prohibition against Donald Trump Jr. and Eric Trump from serving as officers or directors in New York companies and the permanent bar against former Trump Organization CFO Allen Weisselberg and controller Jeff McConney from serving in financial control positions in New York businesses.
GOOD.
A stay is for the duration of the appeal. He loses the appeal and this stuff is all back on so don’t celebrate yet. He may or may not come up with the money. Someone’s got to loan it to him first.

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Mar 25, 2024 1:13 pm

bmw wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2024 12:35 pm
Lester might lose some sleep tonight.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-bond ... -deadline/

Appeals Court reduced bond amount from $464 mil to $175 mil and granted a 10-day extension.

He will no doubt come up with the money, and when all is said and done, the amount he actually ends up having to pay will be drastically reduced.

BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE....
In addition to the financial portion of the lower court's decision, the appeals court stayed the three-year bars against Trump from applying for loans from New York financial institutions, the two-year prohibition against Donald Trump Jr. and Eric Trump from serving as officers or directors in New York companies and the permanent bar against former Trump Organization CFO Allen Weisselberg and controller Jeff McConney from serving in financial control positions in New York businesses.
GOOD.
Now you know how black people felt when OJ was found not guilty.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon Mar 25, 2024 1:42 pm

Rate This wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2024 1:09 pm
A stay is for the duration of the appeal. He loses the appeal and this stuff is all back on so don’t celebrate yet. He may or may not come up with the money. Someone’s got to loan it to him first.
The full $464 million won't survive appeal. Mark my words.

And as to coming up with cash, are you referring to the new bond amount, or the amount he would lose if he loses his appeal? Because the $175 million, I'm pretty sure he's already come up with $100 million.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Mar 25, 2024 2:08 pm

bmw wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2024 1:42 pm
Rate This wrote:

And as to coming up with cash, are you referring to the new bond amount, or the amount he would lose if he loses his appeal? Because the $175 million, I'm pretty sure he's already come up with $100 million.
The full $175… the full $464 Million may not survive but I’m not sure it’ll be reduced as far as it has been.

zzand

Post by zzand » Mon Mar 25, 2024 4:18 pm

He still has to shell out 175 million. Just putting off the pain when he has to pay off the full amount

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Mar 25, 2024 4:20 pm

bmw wrote:
Rate This wrote:

The fact he has to pay $175 Million doesn't give you a sense that the is a colossal fuck up?

That is a landmark amount even after if was reduced.

Why would you want this guy running much more than a Subway located in a gas station.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Round Six

Post by Round Six » Mon Mar 25, 2024 4:49 pm

I had an opportunity to chat with some barristers about all this in the past few months.
They are all in one accord that the state should not be involved.
I believe someone else has said the same thing in this thread or another.
Even if it's massive fraud, it's still a civil suit. One business should be taking another to court. Not a criminal matter.
Life is not a dress rehearsal. This is it. There's no going back, and we can only go forward before we run out of runway.

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:05 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2024 4:20 pm
bmw wrote:
Rate This wrote:

The fact he has to pay $175 Million doesn't give you a sense that the is a colossal fuck up?

That is a landmark amount even after if was reduced.

Why would you want this guy running much more than a Subway located in a gas station.
I'd pick matt1 over Trump to run a Subway.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:52 pm

Round Six wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2024 4:49 pm
I had an opportunity to chat with some barristers about all this in the past few months.
Even if it's massive fraud, it's still a civil suit. One business should be taking another to court. Not a criminal matter.
The state can sue civilly… who knew? That’s exactly how they went after the tobacco companies…

Round Six

Post by Round Six » Mon Mar 25, 2024 11:01 pm

Rate This wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:52 pm
Round Six wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2024 4:49 pm
The state can sue civilly… who knew? That’s exactly how they went after the tobacco companies…
Well, if I got the way it was explained to me correctly, there's a difference.

In your tobacco example, harm was to the general public. Consumers.

Banks and insurance companies supposedly undercharged Trump for loans and insurance policies, because Trump told them his properties were more expansive and valuable than they actually were.

As an example, New York's lawsuit argues that Trump’s longtime lender Deutsche Bank repeatedly gave Trump favorable interest rates and other loose lending terms because of “the improper, repeated and persistent use of fraudulent and misleading financial statements.” This is true. But that is Deutsche Bank’s problem. The bank should be the one suing, not the New York AG.

If you or I stiff DTE, they hand it over to a collection agency. The county courthouse isn't going to look at our gas bill, see it's behind, and without DTE being involved, try to get the money we owe DTE.
Last edited by Round Six on Mon Mar 25, 2024 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Life is not a dress rehearsal. This is it. There's no going back, and we can only go forward before we run out of runway.

HD74

Post by HD74 » Mon Mar 25, 2024 11:12 pm

So, where did those banks get that money? A money farm? Donations? Insert other possibilies here: ___________.
Perhaps consumers?
You're never too old to learn something stupid.

Round Six

Post by Round Six » Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:45 am

HD74 wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2024 11:12 pm
So, where did those banks get that money? A money farm? Donations? Insert other possibilies here: ___________.
Perhaps consumers?
So just for the grins and giggles I'll roll with your mooncalf view.

Let's say the State of New York wins. Who gets the money? Will it be evenly distributed to the millions who invested in a 401k or got a loan that the banks and financial institutions used to lend money to Trump?

Or will the State of New York spend it as it sees fit? You're just so special thinking consumers will benefit in any way from this lawsuit.

Maybe just maybe (and don't leave a stain when you use your brain) it's possible the banks getting the money from Trump would benefit consumers just a little bit more than the government getting it.

zzand

Post by zzand » Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:53 am

This will sound mean but I don't care. I don't give a furry rat's ass where it goes as long as he suffers for his crimes.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:00 am

Round Six wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:45 am
HD74 wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2024 11:12 pm
Perhaps consumers?
So just for the grins and giggles I'll roll with your mooncalf view.

Let's say the State of New York wins. Who gets the money? Will it be evenly distributed to the millions who invested in a 401k or got a loan that the banks and financial institutions used to lend money to Trump?

Or will the State of New York spend it as it sees fit? You're just so special thinking consumers will benefit in any way from this lawsuit.

Maybe just maybe (and don't leave a stain when you use your brain) it's possible the banks getting the money from Trump would benefit consumers just a little bit more than the government getting it.
If the government spends the money almost by default it will benefit consumers in some way…

I vote that they use it to help get their refugee problem in order for the next couple of years. I think that would be irony at its finest.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic