Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Trump can't make bond

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Lester The Nightfly

Trump can't make bond

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Mon Mar 18, 2024 1:16 pm

So it goes. Happens numerous times daily all over the country. In many ways that makes Trump not all that different than some black kid in Mississippi getting in deep over getting caught smoking a joint. The kid may lose his car, Trump may lose a skyscraper or two. Life goes on.

TC Talks

Re: Trump can't make bond

Post by TC Talks » Mon Mar 18, 2024 1:30 pm

Lester The Nightfly wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2024 1:16 pm
So it goes. Happens numerous times daily all over the country. In many ways that makes Trump not all that different than some black kid in Mississippi getting in deep over getting caught smoking a joint. The kid may lose his car, Trump may lose a skyscraper or two. Life goes on.
Looks like Elon didn't pony up any $ after Trump's blow job last week...
Trump and his company need to post a bond for the full amount by next week in order to stop New York Attorney General Letitia James from being able to collect while he appeals. They've asked an appeals court to step in in the meantime and said Monday that they have not had any success getting a bond.

"Defendants’ ongoing diligent efforts have proven that a bond in the judgment’s full amount is 'a practical impossibility,'" the filing said. "These diligent efforts have included approaching about 30 surety companies through 4 separate brokers."
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Round Six

Post by Round Six » Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:26 pm

You gotta admit the Republicans are not that bright. Why isn't GOP leadership doing all they can get away with behind closed doors to get Trump locked up. Then the coast is clear to nominate anyone younger than 60 to beat Biden in a landslide.

We all know the Democrats and Republicans don't speak to each other. Are the Republicans not speaking to each other too? Does everyone at the RNC suck at chess?
Life is not a dress rehearsal. This is it. There's no going back, and we can only go forward before we run out of runway.

zzand

Post by zzand » Mon Mar 18, 2024 3:32 pm

During his trial, Trump told the court that he had $400 million on hand that he could apply toward a bond. Since then, he lost two high-profile cases, pushing his liabilities over half a billion dollars. He has paid a nearly $92 billion bond amount as he appeals a jury’s verdict in the defamation lawsuits brought by columnist E. Jean Carroll.

Gee this makes me so happy. The walls are closing in on the orange boy.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Mar 18, 2024 3:41 pm

He would also be 1.5 billion dollars richer if he had just invested instead of whatever he has done to get here.

Maybe set aside 150 million for sexual harassment settlements and his life becomes much less complicated.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

zzand

Post by zzand » Mon Mar 18, 2024 6:18 pm

Just toss his ass in jail if he can't make bond. Is that not what would happen to anyone else in the same situation?

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Mar 18, 2024 6:39 pm

zzand wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2024 6:18 pm
Just toss his ass in jail if he can't make bond. Is that not what would happen to anyone else in the same situation?
Since it’s civil wouldn’t we jump to seizing Trump tower or something?

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Mon Mar 18, 2024 6:49 pm

Watch for a Musk bail out.
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:13 pm

zzand wrote:
The court will tear apart his company. Remember, this was the corporation suit. They are getting hard to keep straight.
― Noam Chomsky

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:19 pm

Rate This wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2024 6:39 pm
zzand wrote:
Since it’s civil wouldn’t we jump to seizing Trump tower or something?
That would be correct. No jail. Pretty simple, in order for his case to be considered for appeal he needed to post bond equal to the amount of the case judgement. If he is unable to do so by next Monday the case is no longer eligible for appeal and the fine issued in court judgement will be carried out. The AGNY can then seize property to satisfy the fine.

As for Musk, there are reports that Trump met with him to finance satisfying the fine and Musk said no.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:12 pm

I've been on NY Times reading comments about this...
As a Conservative - I believe each of us has the obligation to fulfill our personal responsibilities

it’s why I like both Nikki Haley and Donald Trump - and why I dislike Progressives like Joe Biden, Kamala Harris and Alejandro Mayorkas.

Donald Trump needs to step up and do the right thing - take personal responsibility - and pay the Amount Determined By The Court.

Even if it means he has to sell some of his assets or property.

Donald Trump - needs to show honor and respect - and not make weak excuses.

Trump Needs To Pay the amount in full and on time..........

.........or he will loose my vote in November
He should not be treated in worse or any better than any other citizen. If he can't meet the bond requirement, the Attorney General should start seizing assets.

If were you or me that is exactly what the court would be doing.
Trump's financial situation has very real national security implications. No one else in his position could qualify for a security clearance. President Biden should deny him classified briefings unless and until he accounts for the source of all money he has received, directly or indirectly, since leaving office. The likelihood that he is indebted to a foreign power is simply too great to ignore.
Trump should flee the country to avoid this "unjust" prosecution. Him fleeing the country, never to return, solves a lot of problems. He should take his family with him.
― Noam Chomsky

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:21 pm

This whole situation puts us in peril. Pay attention to 12:00 on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWES2vPMV8o
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:34 pm

Ya' know, it just occurred to me depending on how contracts were drawn up he may have to sell his jet. It's almost certainly considered an asset of TrumpCo because It's almost certain he was taking a tax write off on it. If he attempts to spin it as a personal asset then he'll have to do a whole lotta 'splainin to the IRS about the discrepancy.

Never let it be said I'm not a man of compassion. I think I still have a couple of bucks remaining on an old MTA card I keep in my wallet for when I visit Chicago I'd could give him so he can still get around...

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:13 am

Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:34 pm
Ya' know, it just occurred to me depending on how contracts were drawn up he may have to sell his jet. It's almost certainly considered an asset of TrumpCo because It's almost certain he was taking a tax write off on it. If he attempts to spin it as a personal asset then he'll have to do a whole lotta 'splainin to the IRS about the discrepancy.
This kind of teasing is just cruel. I'm sure he would sell the jet to his campaign.
― Noam Chomsky

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:41 am

TC Talks wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:13 am
Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:34 pm
This kind of teasing is just cruel. I'm sure he would sell the jet to his campaign.
Um, excuse me, but you guys seem to be forgetting THE POLLZZZZZ!!!! THIS IS A WITCH HUNT!!!!

A prominent poster walked away from Trump briefly because he was a piece of shit only to go crawling back to him because he was charged for being a piece of shit.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic