Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Trump can't make bond

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
MotorCityRadioFreak

Re: Trump can't make bond

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Wed Mar 20, 2024 5:08 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 3:28 pm
Ben Zonia wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 2:36 pm
My friend Ben Zonia frequently has to check up on TC Talks to see if he is making inflammatory slanderous comments about him behind his back. Ben has good reason to suspect this, based on a blackballing incident some years ago.
What the hell are you talking about?
You are now talking about yourself in the third person.
He forgot to switch accounts. :lol

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Wed Mar 20, 2024 5:22 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Ben Zonia wrote:
My friend Ben Zonia frequently has to check up on TC Talks to see if he is making inflammatory slanderous comments about him behind his back. Ben has good reason to suspect this, based on a blackballing incident some years ago.
Third person or first person, it doesn't change the facts of how you behave here, and how you behave toward Ben Zonia, Shakespeare's quote aside. I'm surprised you remember junior high school English though, given you are just another doddering old man.

As for Donald Trump, this started as soon as there were rumors of him running for President around 2015. One of my closest living relatives hung up on me after not talking for over three years, because I wouldn't say I was against Trump in early 2016. It was brought up totally out of the context of the call, within two minutes. This relative does have ties to some very powerful Democrats though. Go figure. Then, there was/is the Russia Collusion Hoax, a supposed shocking video that never materialized, and Hill's illegal private emails showing it was all made up, and yet they continue to falsely claim it was true, years later. Then of course, Biden's proven family scandals (videos, diaries, etc.), and proven inappropriate Ukraine ties, even on video, are soon forgotten and denied.
"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Mar 20, 2024 5:30 pm

Ben Zonia wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 5:22 pm
Third person or first person, it doesn't change the facts of how you behave here, and how you behave toward Ben Zonia, Shakespeare's quote aside. I'm surprised you remember junior high school English though, given you are just another doddering old man.
Ben, and I'm being serious here, get back on your medication.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Wed Mar 20, 2024 5:38 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Ben Zonia wrote:
"Rickey got a big ranch.
Rickey got a big bull.
Rickey got horses.
Rickey got chickens and everything.
And Rickey got a 20-gallon hat."

- Professional Baseball player Rickey Henderson, HOF 2009

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Mar 20, 2024 5:54 pm

Lester The Nightfly wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 5:38 pm
Rickey Henderson, HOF 2009
Huh, unfortunate last name.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Wed Mar 20, 2024 5:58 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 5:54 pm
See how you treat other broadcasters? I have more respect for Roy than I have for you!

I'll make you a deal. Stop harassing me and I'll stop harassing you.
"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:02 pm

Ben Zonia wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 5:58 pm
TC Talks wrote:
See how you treat other broadcasters? I have more respect for Roy than I have for you!

Stay on your meds and it probably won't be a problem. Also, using multiple user accounts to harass other board members isn't a great idea.
― Noam Chomsky

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:00 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:02 pm
Ben Zonia wrote:
TC Talks wrote:

Stay on your meds and it probably won't be a problem. Also, using multiple user accounts to harass other board members isn't a great idea.
I take that as a no for a truce.

-Author Unknown

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:14 pm

Ben Zonia wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:00 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:02 pm
Ben Zonia wrote:
TC Talks wrote:

I take that as a no for a truce.
It means be not crazy and see what happens. You're not that interesting a person.
― Noam Chomsky

zzand

Post by zzand » Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:51 am

Well BMW not that I owe you an explanation on my medical decisions but I am a type 2 diabetic and due to Scarlet Fever have heart issues so the vaccine made sense for me and even though I have two major surgeries to look forward to and eventually will be wheel chair bound I would gladly do it again since it saved me form being in the hospital when I did get Covid. As for the way I feel about Trump, he did this to himself, why any thinking individual would feel sorry for the man is beyond me.I look at Trump fans as I do flat earthers, they ignore the evidence and see only what makes them feel good about their decision to believe something that is just not true.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Mar 21, 2024 6:40 am

zzand wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:51 am
Well BMW not that I owe you an explanation on my medical decisions but I am a type 2 diabetic and due to Scarlet Fever have heart issues so the vaccine made sense for me and even though I have two major surgeries to look forward to and eventually will be wheel chair bound I would gladly do it again since it saved me form being in the hospital when I did get Covid. As for the way I feel about Trump, he did this to himself, why any thinking individual would feel sorry for the man is beyond me.I look at Trump fans as I do flat earthers, they ignore the evidence and see only what makes them feel good about their decision to believe something that is just not true.
That’s unfortunate. It’s the flat earth part of the Trumper behavior that has me penciling him in as the Republican nominee indefinitely unless he dies first. Eric or Don Jr. are not impossible after that. They gotta prove to me they will nominate something without Trump on the end of it first.

By the way for Beemer… this is a malignant narcissist defined:
Malignant narcissism is a psychological disorder in which a person has an inflated sense of self-worth, a need for admiration, and a disregard for others. They experience paranoia, feeling threatened or persecuted without proof, and are aggressive, manipulative, and abusive without remorse.
That describes our cult hero to a tee.

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:50 am

zzand wrote:
Well BMW not that I owe you an explanation on my medical decisions but I am a type 2 diabetic and due to Scarlet Fever have heart issues so the vaccine made sense for me and even though I have two major surgeries to look forward to and eventually will be wheel chair bound I would gladly do it again since it saved me form being in the hospital when I did get Covid.
As a preliminary matter, I don't root for nor am happy to ever read anybody being disabled or in pain and suffering. So on that front, godspeed.

Now that said, I don't necessarily fault you for getting vaccinated. But the whole "I would gladly do it again" when it wrecked your life and is putting you into a wheelchair I find, I don't even know what word to use here. For a few reasons. First, you have no idea how your body would have handled Covid without having been vaccinated - that is nothing more than educated speculation based on (I would assume) statistical analysis of similarly situated people. But even then, if it were me, and I knew the vaccine would do to me what it did to you, there is no way I would choose the "lesser of 2 evils" when I don't even know if the 2nd evil will materialize or not. The problem was, the general population was brainwashed into believing that the vaccine was the only way to avoid the ill effects of Covid, when in fact, there are many alternatives. Just one for example, is zinc. I remember wondering in the very early days of the pandemic if zinc would be effective given its effectiveness against the common cold, and everyone in my family who ended up with Covid also took zinc. The only person who got pretty sick was my mom and she never ended up in the ICU nor did she have any long-Covid symptoms whatsoever once she was off the oxygen. Whether zinc had anything to do with our relative success, I have no idea, but did anybody out there make a big deal at all out of this study?

This was published in early 2023 - https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/36367144/

The findings?

In patients who were already hospitalized with Covid, treating them twice daily with zinc dropped the mortality rate from 9.2 to 6.5 percent (a 30 percent reduction), reduced the length of the hospital stay by 3.5 days, and reduced ICU admission from 11.2 to 5.3 percent (more than cutting it in HALF). Just zinc. Something you can buy at your local Wal Mart. Can you imagine how much we could have flattened the curve with such a simple treatment?

Point being, I would consider every alternative in the book if I knew ahead of time that the vaccine option would destroy my life and put me in a wheelchair. That just seems like the rational way to look at it.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:59 am

bmw wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:50 am
zzand wrote:
Well BMW not that I owe you an explanation on my medical decisions but I am a type 2 diabetic and due to Scarlet Fever have heart issues so the vaccine made sense for me and even though I have two major surgeries to look forward to and eventually will be wheel chair bound I would gladly do it again since it saved me form being in the hospital when I did get Covid.
As a preliminary matter, I don't root for nor am happy to ever read anybody being disabled or in pain and suffering. So on that front, godspeed.

Now that said, I don't necessarily fault you for getting vaccinated. But the whole "I would gladly do it again" when it wrecked your life and is putting you into a wheelchair I find, I don't even know what word to use here. For a few reasons. First, you have no idea how your body would have handled Covid without having been vaccinated - that is nothing more than educated speculation based on (I would assume) statistical analysis of similarly situated people. But even then, if it were me, and I knew the vaccine would do to me what it did to you, there is no way I would choose the "lesser of 2 evils" when I don't even know if the 2nd evil will materialize or not. The problem was, the general population was brainwashed into believing that the vaccine was the only way to avoid the ill effects of Covid, when in fact, there are many alternatives. Just one for example, is zinc. I remember wondering in the very early days of the pandemic if zinc would be effective given its effectiveness against the common cold, and everyone in my family who ended up with Covid also took zinc. The only person who got pretty sick was my mom and she never ended up in the ICU nor did she have any long-Covid symptoms whatsoever once she was off the oxygen. Whether zinc had anything to do with our relative success, I have no idea, but did anybody out there make a big deal at all out of this study?

This was published in early 2023 - https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/36367144/

The findings?

In patients who were already hospitalized with Covid, treating them twice daily with zinc dropped the mortality rate from 9.2 to 6.5 percent (a 30 percent reduction), reduced the length of the hospital stay by 3.5 days, and reduced ICU admission from 11.2 to 5.3 percent (more than cutting it in HALF). Just zinc. Something you can buy at your local Wal Mart. Can you imagine how much we could have flattened the curve with such a simple treatment?

Point being, I would consider every alternative in the book if I knew ahead of time that the vaccine option would destroy my life and put me in a wheelchair. That just seems like the rational way to look at it.
The problem is the possible alternative… maybe better than 50% if the vaccine did major harm is something worse as an outcome or even death… I’m going out on a limb a little bit but he’s still alive and given the options (debilitation vs. low odds if you get it) most people are gonna pick the first one and get the shot.

zzand

Post by zzand » Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:04 am

I don't believe I have said my life is ruined. Far from it. I run two successful stations, live comfortably, have 7 fantastic grand kids, three great kids and do just fine. Shop, clean, cook, all that good stuff. Takes longer these days but I have adjusted for that, the handicap placard means great parking spots. When the time comes I will adjust again. Glass half full type here. As for what Covid would have done to me. I saw the effects it had on my daughters and son, all who suffered through it as they, like I kept working through the worst of it. My son almost died, my oldest was out of action for two months, youngest had long covid issues. Doesn't take a scientist to see where I would have ended up with my health issues. Even though my surgeon told me no more shots, he agreed that taking the first three was the right thing to do, even with the side effects.

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:10 am

You both missed my point, which was that the vaccine was not the only alternative to doing nothing. And when presented with 2 options that royally suck when there are in fact viable alternatives, I would be researching the hell out of those alternatives before choosing one of the 2 terrible options. Again, maybe that's just be, but that seems like the rational way to approach it. I pointed both of you to a study on zinc and got no response whatsoever. That is just one example. There are others.

btw - I interpreted "I am fully vaxxed and have fallen victim to side effects that have drastically changed my life" as "wrecking" your life.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic