Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Why do people homeschool, and why is every parent who homeschools a giant creep?

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
bmw

Re: Why do people homeschool, and why is every parent who homeschools a giant creep?

Post by bmw » Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:49 pm

Matt wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2024 1:34 pm
It's not the first time he's done that. I'm generally a live and let live person, but I'm not going to bow down to the so-called traditional values nonsense. What he means is white Christian values. This manifests itself in his beloved Donald Trump. Donald Trump is a disgusting, hateful person who is using his supporters bigotry toward immigrants and generally people who are not white to attempt to gain power again, and BMW, Audiophile, and Bryce are more than happy to co-sign that effort. I will be clear and state I'm not suggesting that they are racist - they have their own policy preferences for supporting Trump. I wish they would acknowledge the reality.
There's so much BS to unpack here, I don't even know where to start.

First off, nobody is asking you to "bow down" to anything. I have simply called you out for routinely calling people with traditional values pieces of shit, human garbage, giant creeps, abhorrent, or living an awful existence. Your attitude towards those people, at least as expressed here, exhibits a clear pattern of bigotry.

Second, what exactly is a "white Christian value"? I'll await your definition.

Third, your suggestion that most Trump supporters are anti-immigrant racists is utter BS. You love to paint majorities with the brush of the worst apples in the minority. Using your logic, I could say terrible things about all kinds of minority groups as a whole. But I don't.

TC Talks

Re: Why do people homeschool, and why is every parent who homeschools a giant creep?

Post by TC Talks » Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:12 pm

bmw wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:45 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:22 pm
I say bullshit that parents always know best.
Except before the child is born, correct? Because during that 9 months, your argument is that the mother ALWAYS knows best and that it is none of the government's damn business what the mother does with her child. Then as soon as the child is born, its best interests are now determined by the government?

I have alway said that if a women doesn't want an abortion, don't get one. The state shouldn't restrict a woman's decision. You have your logic reverse. Government does have a role in protecting citizens. We disagree when someone becomes a citizen.

TC Talks wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:22 pm
Schools catch abuse, treatable mental disorders, and provide a basic social network for students. I have witnessed students get pulled out of school when parents are confronted with abuse or challenges that they simply don't want to hear about. How do we protect those kids?
I'm not suggesting that schools shouldn't bear that responsibility. Where did I ever say that?

My point is that this is a major flaw of Homeschooling.

Are you suggesting that I don't or that I'm not well educated? I graduated 4th in my class in high school and from college with 2 Bachelor's degrees including a Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Science. I've worked since I was 16 including running the tech department of a 1200-student public school system and now owning and running my own business.

You are a unique Trump supporter based on data I've read. Usually Trump types have a poor education with the exception of pundits looking to get something from the association with Trump.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:15 pm

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:46 pm

bmw wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:49 pm
Matt wrote:
It's not the first time he's done that. I'm generally a live and let live person, but I'm not going to bow down to the so-called traditional values nonsense. What he means is white Christian values. This manifests itself in his beloved Donald Trump. Donald Trump is a disgusting, hateful person who is using his supporters bigotry toward immigrants and generally people who are not white to attempt to gain power again, and BMW, Audiophile, and Bryce are more than happy to co-sign that effort. I will be clear and state I'm not suggesting that they are racist - they have their own policy preferences for supporting Trump. I wish they would acknowledge the reality.

First off, nobody is asking you to "bow down" to anything. I have simply called you out for routinely calling people with traditional values pieces of shit, human garbage, giant creeps, abhorrent, or living an awful existence. Your attitude towards those people, at least as expressed here, exhibits a clear pattern of bigotry.

Third, your suggestion that most Trump supporters are anti-immigrant racists is utter BS. You love to paint majorities with the brush of the worst apples in the minority. Using your logic, I could say terrible things about all kinds of minority groups as a whole. But I don't.
Folks trying to live like those 1950’s educational films were documentaries for starters. The wholesome crowd.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu Mar 14, 2024 4:32 pm

I support the right to homeschool. There are too many weirdos in traditional schools, both public and private.

That being said, I also support some level of government oversight with regard to homeschooling to ensure children are being given proper academic instruction and social interaction opportunities.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Mar 14, 2024 5:27 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2024 4:32 pm
I support the right to homeschool. There are too many weirdos in traditional schools, both public and private.

That being said, I also support some level of government oversight with regard to homeschooling to ensure children are being given proper academic instruction and social interaction opportunities.
This response I have come to call the "MW" response. Always somewhere in the middle... :lol
― Noam Chomsky

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Mar 14, 2024 6:23 pm

bmw wrote:
Matt wrote:

Do you understand hyperbole? I will note I went out of my way to suggest you tolerate Trump and are not one of his typical low-intelligence supporters. The traditional values of the country trace their roots to white Christianity, and I haven't suggested they are bad - I take issue with people forcefully pushing those views. These are not all-encompassing and do leave some people behind. We would be a lot better off if people were all around more tolerant and not so worried about imposing values on others. Tell me where I'm wrong...
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:19 pm

Matt wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2024 6:23 pm
bmw wrote:
Matt wrote:

Do you understand hyperbole? I will note I went out of my way to suggest you tolerate Trump and are not one of his typical low-intelligence supporters. The traditional values of the country trace their roots to white Christianity, and I haven't suggested they are bad - I take issue with people forcefully pushing those views. These are not all-encompassing and do leave some people behind. We would be a lot better off if people were all around more tolerant and not so worried about imposing values on others. Tell me where I'm wrong...
The not imposing views on others part is a core tenet of the belief system of this country… several of the founders were deists.. believed in god but not any particular religion. They were hardly born again converts who obsess over their new found faith the way these folks do. Every other word is god from some of them. Folks born into religion seem not be nearly so overzealous. Personally I find it abhorrent that anyone wants to proselytize and run around telling everyone how great their beliefs are. The backbone of Trumpism is based in the idea that the country was strongly Christian in all facets and new fangled liberals have screwed it up. The whole idea is laughable.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:47 pm

We have a relative who is one of those helicoptor mothers. She took her son to school on day 1 and stayed with him. She went with him again the next day. The teacher told her she couldn't attend classes with him every day.

She pulled the kid out of school and home schooled him. Today, he seems knowledgeable enough, but he's now about 35 years old, still living with his parents, has never had a job and has no friends nor any social life.
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:42 pm

zzand wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2024 10:53 am
In my area it is regulated. The school study course must be followed and monthly updates must be given to the superintendents office and they must come into the school for testing. They are also eligible for all sports teams.
Yes, many choose homeschool networks but not all. And some only rely on the networks for 1-2 classes a week. Trust me, it is not as organized as you think. "Okay, did your kid use one of our network teachers and go to the material swap before the school year. If yes, here's your diploma."
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

zzand

Post by zzand » Fri Mar 15, 2024 6:03 am

Trust me, I am not in Michigan, it is very well regulated and overseen where I live.

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Fri Mar 15, 2024 11:36 am

Maybe if the Crumbleys were responsible parents, who weren't spending all their spare time with horses and at sex parties, and had home schooled their son, who obviously couldn't cope with public schools, there wouldn't have been a school shooting. Their son obviously didn't fit in to the public school environment, and didn't get along with classmates, teachers, and administrators. Sometimes, a kid would have been better off not exposed to what happens in public schools to outcasts. You can't "socialize" every kid, and they are better off taught at home. Listen to the lyrics of "Angie Baby" by Helen Reddy. It's not fluff, it's eerily prescient.
"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Mar 15, 2024 11:53 am

TC Talks wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2024 5:27 pm
MWmetalhead wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2024 4:32 pm

This response I have come to call the "MW" response. Always somewhere in the middle... :lol
Thank you. I'm glad you feel my opinions are generally within the mainstream. :)
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Mar 15, 2024 12:24 pm

Ben Zonia wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 11:36 am
Maybe if the Crumbleys were responsible parents, who weren't spending all their spare time with horses and at sex parties, and had home schooled their son, who obviously couldn't cope with public schools, there wouldn't have been a school shooting. Their son obviously didn't fit in to the public school environment, and didn't get along with classmates, teachers, and administrators. Sometimes, a kid would have been better off not exposed to what happens in public schools to outcasts. You can't "socialize" every kid, and they are better off taught at home. Listen to the lyrics of "Angie Baby" by Helen Reddy. It's not fluff, it's eerily prescient.
You're insane.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Fri Mar 15, 2024 2:04 pm

Matt.

Many students are tormented by other students, teachers, and administrators. Many are scarred by it for life. Most don't murder their tormentors. But why should they be forced to attend schools where they are abused? Every parent who home schools is not a creep. Your animosity obviously has to do with many having Christian values and political views you abhor. I suggest that if you don't like freedom, that you emigrate to China, and quit trying to change everyone else here. You are nothing but a grown up schoolyard bully who never changed.

Sometimes they are even tormented because they are smarter than the vast majority of other students, teachers, and administrators. These kids can sometimes escape being tormented by being home schooled.

Ann Arbor has its own kind of bullies. You are one of them. A friend of mine who taught school in Ann Arbor was forced out because he drove a domestic car. He was constantly bullied about it by other teachers and administrators, who hate American made cars, the American auto industry, cars in general, and personal transportation that you don't get beaten, robbed, and killed in, versus one run by government.
"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic