Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

GOP SOTU response

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
craig11152

Re: GOP SOTU response

Post by craig11152 » Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:35 am

What is happening today in this country is just a birthday party at chucky cheese compared to the decade of the 60's.
Assassinations of JFK, RFK, MLK, Malcom X , dozen's of large scale race riots in many cities , antiwar protests that frequently turned violent, bombings of buildings, threat of nuclear war with USSR,
Nothing in the last few years comes remotely close to the turmoil of the 60's. No offense to anyone under 70 but reading about it in history books isn't the same as reading about it in today's newspaper and watching it on tonight's evening news.
It went on for 10 years or more.

I no longer directly engage trolls

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:43 am

craig11152 wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:35 am
What is happening today in this country is just a birthday party at chucky cheese compared to the decade of the 60's.
Assassinations of JFK, RFK, MLK, Malcom X , dozen's of large scale race riots in many cities , antiwar protests that frequently turned violent, bombings of buildings, threat of nuclear war with USSR,
Nothing in the last few years comes remotely close to the turmoil of the 60's. No offense to anyone under 70 but reading about it in history books isn't the same as reading about it in today's newspaper and watching it on tonight's evening news.
We would all like to keep it that way or go back to the carefree 90’s… but since that was due to a power vacuum after the fall of the USSR I’m not gonna hold my breath. With that said the 1960’s and 70’s was a realignment. History will likely record the 2016-2028 or so period as a realignment too.

zzand

Post by zzand » Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:47 am

We could be at war with Russia if we aren't careful. So that's the same. Trump is threatening to suspend the constitution on day one in office and enact the insurrection act to use the military for some odd reason. If he does the 60s riots will be like a love in compared to what will go down. Sorry there are more things alike than different, assassinations aside.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:53 am

zzand wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:47 am
We could be at war with Russia if we aren't careful. So that's the same. Trump is threatening to suspend the constitution on day one in office and enact the insurrection act to use the military for some odd reason. If he does the 60s riots will be like a love in compared to what will go down. Sorry there are more things alike than different, assassinations aside.
The military would apparently patrol the streets the same way the police do. I didn’t realize we lived in a country that was in dire need of military policing. It sounds like something off the nightly news about the latest third world leader to get mad and take it out on his own people.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Fri Mar 08, 2024 12:31 pm

craig11152 wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:35 am
Not much there to disagree with. I will say however that we're only a few key events away from whipping up a 60's worthy shitstorm.

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Fri Mar 08, 2024 12:57 pm

I rarely weigh-in down here in the jungle known as Pol Pot, but I was quite impressed with Biden's performance last night regardless and irrespective of his stance on issues. It was the Republican response which I had to turn off after only a few minutes; I can only take so much Sweet 'n' Low in my coffee.
"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris

km1125

Post by km1125 » Fri Mar 08, 2024 1:01 pm

Rate This wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:53 am
zzand wrote:
The military would apparently patrol the streets the same way the police do. I didn’t realize we lived in a country that was in dire need of military policing. It sounds like something off the nightly news about the latest third world leader to get mad and take it out on his own people.
Didn't NYS just activate their National Guard to help patrol the NYC subway system because of the escalation in violence over the past year? Isn't the National Guard part of the military?

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Mar 08, 2024 1:07 pm

km1125 wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 1:01 pm
Rate This wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:53 am
zzand wrote:
Didn't NYS just activate their National Guard to help patrol the NYC subway system because of the escalation in violence over the past year? Isn't the National Guard part of the military?
A state doing that by choice and the Federal Government instituting it nationwide by force are two very different things. The local leaders were in on the subway thing. The Trump plan is just to send them, they show up and start patrolling under martial law. Not even a comparison to be made there.

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri Mar 08, 2024 1:59 pm

moldyoldie wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 12:57 pm
It was the Republican response which I had to turn off after only a few minutes; I can only take so much Sweet 'n' Low in my coffee.
For what it's worth, I could only take about 5 seconds.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Mar 08, 2024 2:01 pm

bmw wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 1:59 pm
moldyoldie wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 12:57 pm
It was the Republican response which I had to turn off after only a few minutes; I can only take so much Sweet 'n' Low in my coffee.
For what it's worth, I could only take about 5 seconds.
I don't understand why they picked a Tudor Dixon-ish woman to do the response. They must have really drank their own kool-aid on Biden being feeble or something and thought he would flop his speech and they could mail this in.

teetoppz28

Post by teetoppz28 » Fri Mar 08, 2024 4:43 pm

teetoppz28 wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:10 am
teetoppz28 wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 10:17 am
broken chain bmx wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 10:14 am
When people invoke Hitler, I have no interest in hearing the remainder of what they have to say.
Speaking of invoking Hitler... remind me who said that a certain set of people were "poisoning the blood of our country" in a recent rant??
Of course bmw won't answer my question to him... it would completely make his statement null and void, since he gobbles up anything the obese orange-faced guy says.
STILL no response to me calling out your hypocritical bullshit, bmw?? Why are you scared to answer the question?? :rollin
Dropping knowledge on forum MAGAts.
Unapologetically intellectually superior.

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri Mar 08, 2024 4:51 pm

teetoppz28 wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 4:43 pm
teetoppz28 wrote:
teetoppz28 wrote:
broken chain bmx wrote:
When people invoke Hitler, I have no interest in hearing the remainder of what they have to say.
Speaking of invoking Hitler... remind me who said that a certain set of people were "poisoning the blood of our country" in a recent rant??
Of course bmw won't answer my question to him... it would completely make his statement null and void, since he gobbles up anything the obese orange-faced guy says.
STILL no response to me calling out your hypocritical bullshit, bmw?? Why are you scared to answer the question?? :rollin
but...but...

what about trump?

WHAT ABOUT TRUMP?

WhAt aBouT DonALd TRumP!!!!?????

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Mar 08, 2024 4:56 pm

bmw wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 4:51 pm
teetoppz28 wrote:
teetoppz28 wrote:
teetoppz28 wrote:
broken chain bmx wrote:
but...but...

what about trump?

WHAT ABOUT TRUMP?

It may be your claim that you don’t care what they have to say… do you care what Trump has to say? By extension how can you support someone unless you care what they have to say?
Last edited by Rate This on Fri Mar 08, 2024 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

teetoppz28

Post by teetoppz28 » Fri Mar 08, 2024 4:57 pm

cracked hubcap wrote:
teetoppz28 wrote:
teetoppz28 wrote:
teetoppz28 wrote:
broken chain bmx wrote:
but...but...

what about trump?

WHAT ABOUT TRUMP?

I knew it... too scared to directly answer me and admit you're a hypocrite.

teetoppz28

Post by teetoppz28 » Fri Mar 08, 2024 4:59 pm

Rate This wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 4:56 pm
bmw wrote:
teetoppz28 wrote:
teetoppz28 wrote:
teetoppz28 wrote:
broken chain bmx wrote:
but...but...

what about trump?

WHAT ABOUT TRUMP?

It may be your claim that you don’t care what they have to say… do you care what Trump has to say? By extension how can you support someone unless you care what they have to say?
Good luck getting an intelligent (or any) response...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic