Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

It's happened again

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Rate This

Re: It's happened again

Post by Rate This » Thu Feb 29, 2024 10:55 am

zzand wrote:
Thu Feb 29, 2024 10:47 am
There are millions of them. True they are a minority of the Republican party and because of that they alone won't be able to vote Big Orange back into the White House but they are enough in numbers to cause significant trouble. And who says the military will take orders to mow down their own citizens and then carry them out. I say 50/50.
Things won't collapse like that. Most of the folks in the military are pretty duty bound. Just like when the guy attacked the FBI office in Cincy... he was clearly a Trump supporter.... that did nothing to make any agents or cops not go kill the guy. Putting down a rebellion is a dirty business but they'll go do it.

Remember too that violence and etc. has been threatened repeatedly before and nothings happened. They don't really have a track record of going nuts excepting the capitol. Even then they didn't really muster a lot of people. But if a bunch of folks are running around destroying things and shooting at people they'll be mowed down like long weeds on a vacant lot.
Last edited by Rate This on Thu Feb 29, 2024 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

zzand

Post by zzand » Thu Feb 29, 2024 10:57 am

I think so too but now a days you can never take anything for granted. Well with the exception that Taco Bell will give you the taco shits

teetoppz28

Post by teetoppz28 » Thu Feb 29, 2024 11:00 am

Rate This wrote:
Thu Feb 29, 2024 10:55 am
zzand wrote:
There are millions of them. True they are a minority of the Republican party and because of that they alone won't be able to vote Big Orange back into the White House but they are enough in numbers to cause significant trouble. And who says the military will take orders to mow down their own citizens and then carry them out. I say 50/50.
Things won't collapse like that. Most of the folks in the military are pretty duty bound. Just like when the guy attacked the FBI office in Cincy... he was clearly a Trump supporter.... that did nothing to make any agents or cops not go kill the guy. Putting down a rebellion is a dirty business but they'll go do it.
Not to mention, most military service men/women aren't stupid enough to throw away a good career, benefits, and retirement to support a piece of shit, obese, orange man who called them "suckers and losers" previously.
Dropping knowledge on forum MAGAts.
Unapologetically intellectually superior.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Feb 29, 2024 11:02 am

zzand wrote:
Thu Feb 29, 2024 10:57 am
I think so too but now a days you can never take anything for granted. Well with the exception that Taco Bell will give you the taco shits
This is true. I don't think we are getting an accurate picture of his support at all. There was a phenomenon previously where people would tell pollsters someone other than Trump out of fear of being outed or embarrassed to people they knew about their support for him. This resulted in him overperforming at the polls. What happens if people in very red areas are now doing the opposite and supporting him on paper but voting against him in the booth. It would explain his underperformance every contest so far...

zzand

Post by zzand » Thu Feb 29, 2024 11:10 am

That and the fact that polls are BS anymore.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Feb 29, 2024 11:19 am

zzand wrote:
Thu Feb 29, 2024 11:10 am
That and the fact that polls are BS anymore.
That's actually not a fact. They missed Trump in 2016 but the reason makes sense... Comey's reopening the email investigation happened so close to the election that the polling (a lagging indicator) couldn't catch up. There are a bunch of partisan pollsters out there but the non-partisan guys have been pretty decent since 2016.

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Feb 29, 2024 11:20 am

Ignore the polls at your own peril.

btw - here is this morning's Red Sea.

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Feb 29, 2024 11:20 am

As to a civil war, it sounds to me like some of you are now admitting that what happened on January 6th wasn't really an insurrection.

zzand

Post by zzand » Thu Feb 29, 2024 11:28 am

I will pay attention to polls as we get closer to the General Election. I don't believe I ever said it was an insurrection. I may be mistaken but I don't think I did. I do remember saying, maybe in different words, that Big Orange could have stopped it form happening if he had said something but he chose not to, even though members of his administration asked him to.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Feb 29, 2024 11:29 am

bmw wrote:
Thu Feb 29, 2024 11:20 am
Ignore the polls at your own peril.

Last time we did we got a red trickle. Color me skeptical.

teetoppz28

Post by teetoppz28 » Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:04 pm

broken third gear wrote:
Oh, it's a "Red Sea" now?? I guess "Red Wave" wasn't hilarious enough in 2022?? :rollin
Dropping knowledge on forum MAGAts.
Unapologetically intellectually superior.

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:21 pm

teetoppz28 wrote:
Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:04 pm
broken third gear wrote:
Oh, it's a "Red Sea" now?? I guess "Red Wave" wasn't hilarious enough in 2022?? :rollin
With Trump at the top of the ticket, it is more likely to be a Republican bloodbath.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:33 pm

zzand wrote:
Thu Feb 29, 2024 11:28 am
I will pay attention to polls as we get closer to the General Election. I don't believe I ever said it was an insurrection. I may be mistaken but I don't think I did. I do remember saying, maybe in different words, that Big Orange could have stopped it form happening if he had said something but he chose not to, even though members of his administration asked him to.
A wise move. The polls are entertaining until the rubber meets the road and let’s be honest… that’ll be after Labor Day when the nominees are official.

Round Six

Post by Round Six » Thu Feb 29, 2024 4:52 pm

zzand wrote:
Convince me that those in teetopz's picture won't wet their pants as soon as the National Guard comes around the corner. Do you honestly feel that those in that picture are really going to take one for the cause. This is America. Not the Ukraine. Not a former Soviet Bloc country. Not any number of places where a revolution means fighting to the death.

Do you truly think Belly Boy is going to quit posing and actually put up a fight?
Life is not a dress rehearsal. This is it. There's no going back, and we can only go forward before we run out of runway.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Feb 29, 2024 5:09 pm

zzand wrote:
Thu Feb 29, 2024 10:14 am
You have no idea how crazed the MAGA types are and what they will do.
This is a country of 320,000,000 people.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic