Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

I just learned what a "tradwife" is and it is awful

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Matt

I just learned what a "tradwife" is and it is awful

Post by Matt » Tue Feb 27, 2024 9:36 pm

https://www.cnn.com/2024/02/27/health/t ... index.html
Sporting retro ’50s hairstyles and cinched aprons, “tradwife” influencers have taken over a pocket of the internet.

These traditional wives who showcase 30-second videos of homemade sourdough bread content, and other glimpses into the making of a perfect home, are no ordinary stay-at-home moms. They steadfastly believe in traditional gender roles. That means staying devoted to housework and taking care of the children — and being subservient to their working husbands.

Templeton, now 41, said she was raised as an evangelical Christian, believing that a husband had authority over his wife. But today, she is a divorced single mom by choice and advocates for women who wish to break free from a relationship dynamic that all too easily can create an extreme power imbalance.
What an awful existence - not sure how any male can defend this marginalization.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Rate This

Re: I just learned what a "tradwife" is and it is awful

Post by Rate This » Tue Feb 27, 2024 9:53 pm

Matt wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2024 9:36 pm
Sporting retro ’50s hairstyles and cinched aprons, “tradwife” influencers have taken over a pocket of the internet.

These traditional wives who showcase 30-second videos of homemade sourdough bread content, and other glimpses into the making of a perfect home, are no ordinary stay-at-home moms. They steadfastly believe in traditional gender roles. That means staying devoted to housework and taking care of the children — and being subservient to their working husbands.

Templeton, now 41, said she was raised as an evangelical Christian, believing that a husband had authority over his wife. But today, she is a divorced single mom by choice and advocates for women who wish to break free from a relationship dynamic that all too easily can create an extreme power imbalance.
What an awful existence - not sure how any male can defend this marginalization.
It was done up until the mid-1960's... from the beginning of time.

HD74

Post by HD74 » Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:16 pm

Interesting. In the old days it took this kind of partnership to survive. This is not the old days. But, let's not get upset that man and woman used to work together to endure their family's sucess.
You're never too old to learn something stupid.

HD74

Post by HD74 » Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:17 pm

Ensure. Here’s your S.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:21 pm

HD74 wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:17 pm
Ensure. Here’s your S.
Make sure their bloodline would endure would also work.

Let's be honest here... some of this is pure fantasy from one too many old educational films run amok. The reason so many comedies in the 50's ands early 60's relied on the trope that the guy had to avoid pissing off his wife and incurring her wrath was because that was a real thing just like it is now. There's nothing new about doing something, getting scolded and begging for forgiveness. What's new is divorce over those things. People were previously together, raising kids and unhappy as hell. But they stuck it out for the kids sake.
Last edited by Rate This on Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HD74

Post by HD74 » Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:23 pm

Ok, here's your extra "S"

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:28 pm

HD74 wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:23 pm
Ok, here's your extra "S"
There's some joke here but it's above my pay grade to understand it apparently.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Tue Feb 27, 2024 11:53 pm

Matt wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2024 9:36 pm

Did I hear Audio moan? He’s at least excited.
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Chrocket87

Post by Chrocket87 » Wed Feb 28, 2024 2:42 am

If my wife wanted to stay home and raise the kids, I’d let her, but she chooses to work and we handle things equally. I don’t judge people who CHOOSE to be stay at home moms, but the wife should be treated as an equal to her husband.

Round Six

Post by Round Six » Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:37 am

Chrocket87 wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2024 2:42 am
If my wife wanted to stay home and raise the kids, I’d let her, but she chooses to work and we handle things equally. I don’t judge people who CHOOSE to be stay at home moms, but the wife should be treated as an equal to her husband.
One of nice benefits of a stay at home partner is it frees up time. While one takes care of all the running around during the day, the other can come straight home, or not have to run back out. More time for the family to do things and spend time together.
Life is not a dress rehearsal. This is it. There's no going back, and we can only go forward before we run out of runway.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Feb 28, 2024 10:33 am

Round Six wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:37 am
Chrocket87 wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2024 2:42 am
One of nice benefits of a stay at home partner is it frees up time. While one takes care of all the running around during the day, the other can come straight home, or not have to run back out. More time for the family to do things and spend time together.
You either have to be a fully engaged and committed person or a controlled yes person to do that though. And have spending time with the family the only goal.

Graham Wellington

Post by Graham Wellington » Wed Feb 28, 2024 10:56 am

Nothing wrong with being a "tradwife" if it works for both the husband and wife. An honorable role if done out of love and respect.

There is a weird community online though that promotes this heavily, especially on Twitter. So much so that it comes across as a sexual fetish. Which I'm pretty sure it is to them. A bunch of single losers who think a tradwife should have model-like looks and do whatever their manly man wants. And a bunch of attractive women who play the part on Twitter because they know it gets attention and engagement from these losers.

teetoppz28

Post by teetoppz28 » Wed Feb 28, 2024 11:09 am

> Bryce has entered the thread with a new bottle of Jergens and a bath towel...

:rollin
Dropping knowledge on forum MAGAts.
Unapologetically intellectually superior.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Feb 28, 2024 11:56 am

To be clear, if any individual is happy in the stay at home role, that is perfectly fine, but it should not be an expectation.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

paul8539

Post by paul8539 » Fri Mar 01, 2024 11:58 pm

This 'tradwife' should be 'normal housewife'.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic