Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Prediction: Georgia case against Trump is DONE

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
bmw

Prediction: Georgia case against Trump is DONE

Post by bmw » Fri Feb 23, 2024 1:15 pm

Today was not a good day for prosecutors in that case.
Fulton County Special Prosecutor Nathan Wade regularly visited District Attorney Fani Willis’ neighborhood before she hired him to work on former President Donald Trump’s criminal case, according to a new affidavit from Trump’s legal team that may contradict the relationship timeline Wade and Willis described in court—as they argue against conflict-of-interest allegations threatening to disqualify Willis from the case.

Wade visited the area surrounding Willis’ condo near Atlanta at least 35 times between January and November 2021, when he was hired to work on the Trump case, according to an affidavit from a private investigator hired by Trump’s legal team, citing AT&T records that linked Wade’s phone to the cell tower closest to Willis’ condo.

The pair also had over 2,000 phone calls and exchanged just under 12,000 texts over the 11-month period, the investigator, Charles Mittelstadt, wrote in the affidavit Trump’s lawyers filed as part of their request to have Willis disqualified from the case, alleging her romantic relationship with Wade constitutes a conflict of interest in the case.

The findings dispute Wade’s and Willis’ claims that their relationship began in 2022 and their testimonies last week estimating he visited her condo no more than 10 times before he was hired in late 2021.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/saradorn/2 ... 3133524972

Fani is done, may well face perjury charges, and Forbes speculates that the next prosecutor assigned to the cause could end up dropping it altogether. Regardless of what happens after this, this is a tainted case.

Matt

Re: Prediction: Georgia case against Trump is DONE

Post by Matt » Fri Feb 23, 2024 1:27 pm

bmw wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2024 1:15 pm
Today was not a good day for prosecutors in that case.
Fulton County Special Prosecutor Nathan Wade regularly visited District Attorney Fani Willis’ neighborhood before she hired him to work on former President Donald Trump’s criminal case, according to a new affidavit from Trump’s legal team that may contradict the relationship timeline Wade and Willis described in court—as they argue against conflict-of-interest allegations threatening to disqualify Willis from the case.

Wade visited the area surrounding Willis’ condo near Atlanta at least 35 times between January and November 2021, when he was hired to work on the Trump case, according to an affidavit from a private investigator hired by Trump’s legal team, citing AT&T records that linked Wade’s phone to the cell tower closest to Willis’ condo.

The pair also had over 2,000 phone calls and exchanged just under 12,000 texts over the 11-month period, the investigator, Charles Mittelstadt, wrote in the affidavit Trump’s lawyers filed as part of their request to have Willis disqualified from the case, alleging her romantic relationship with Wade constitutes a conflict of interest in the case.

The findings dispute Wade’s and Willis’ claims that their relationship began in 2022 and their testimonies last week estimating he visited her condo no more than 10 times before he was hired in late 2021.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/saradorn/2 ... 3133524972

Fani is done, may well face perjury charges, and Forbes speculates that the next prosecutor assigned to the cause could end up dropping it altogether. Regardless of what happens after this, this is a tainted case.
You probably haven't been this excited since OJ was found not guilty.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Feb 23, 2024 1:41 pm

Gee, he's down to fighting 40+ indictments still pending. Things are looking up.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

zzand

Post by zzand » Fri Feb 23, 2024 4:30 pm

It only takes one guilty so there is still lots of hope

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Fri Feb 23, 2024 4:59 pm

Just put the Raffensperger tape on a loop in the courtroom...

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Fri Feb 23, 2024 5:11 pm

Lester The Nightfly wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2024 4:59 pm
You must have missed this gem.....
bmw wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2023 7:29 pm
I said I would give my full thoughts on this later today, and Matt's and RT's trolling aside, here goes:

I'll just come right out of the gate with this - this tape should be at the cornerstone of Trump's defense in the Georgia case (and it also seems useful in the federal conspiracy case). Until today, I had never read through any of the transcript. I had previously heard/read reports that in this call, Trump basically told Georgia's secretary of state to go find him 11,000 votes. However, upon spending the better part of 45 minutes reading the whole thing, it is quite apparent that just as how the media always does with things Trump says, it took a few snippets completely out of context and ran with them.

I don't see anything even remotely resembling Trump pressuring (let alone illegally pressuring) Georgia officials to do anything illegal (other than maybe giving him and his lawyers access to things they want to investigate that they're not legally allowed to access, but that's not even what he's being accused of having done wrong). The call starts out with Trump making a number of specific election allegations:

-That several hundred thousand ballots in Fulton county had forged signatures
-That "50s of thousands" of people were turned away from the polls because they had already voted when they in fact hadn't
-That 4502 people voted who weren't on the voter registration list
-That 18,325 non-residents voted (who allegedly only had PO boxes and not actual street addresses)
-That the alleged water-main break in Fulton county during counting didn't actually break
-That there were no poll watchers or law enforcement overseeing the ballots after people left after the main break
-That vote stuffing occurred after the water main break
-That surveillance tapes show that 18,000 fraudulent votes (all for Biden) were locked in suitcases or trunks
-That 2326 ballots were improperly sent to absentee voters who had no address in Georgia
-That some drop boxes were picked up and not delivered for 3 days
-That close to 5,000 dead people voted
-That ballots were improperly burned and shredded

Trump and his people (though mostly Trump) go back and forth with the Secretary of State and some guy named Ryan debating/arguing/whatever you want to call it many of the details of the above allegations. Sec. of State says Trump's claims are unfounded, Trump insists his claims have merit. There's also quite a bit of Trump requesting to see various documents which the Sec. of State says he's not allowed to have access to. The call concludes as follows:
I would like you … for the attorneys … I’d like you to perhaps meet with Ryan ideally tomorrow, because I think we should come to a resolution of this before the election. Otherwise you’re going to have people just not voting. They don’t want to vote. They hate the state, they hate the governor and they hate the secretary of state. I will tell you that right now. The only people like you are people that will never vote for you. You know that Brad, right? They like you know, they like you. They can’t believe what they found. They want people like you. So, look, can you get together tomorrow? And Brad. We just want the truth. It’s simple. And everyone’s going to look very good if the truth comes out. It’s OK. It takes a little while but let the truth come out. And the real truth is I won by 400,000 votes. At least. That’s the real truth. But we don’t need 400,000. We need less than 12,000 votes. And are you guys able to meet tomorrow Ryan?
Ryan (the other person with the Sec. of State) responds "Um, I’ll get with Chris, the lawyer representing us and the case, and see when he can get together with Kurt." The Sec. of State then responds "Ryan will be in touch with the other attorney on this call, Mr. Meadows. Thank you President Trump for your time."

Now, here are all the times throughout the call that Trump mentions the specific number of votes he lost by:
an accurate number but its in the 50s of thousands— and that’s people that went to vote and they were told they can’t vote because they’ve already been voted for. And it’s a very sad thing. They walked out complaining. But the number’s large. We’ll have it for you. But it’s much more than the number of 11,779 that’s — The current margin is only 11,779. Brad, I think you agree with that, right? That’s something I think everyone — at least that’s’ a number that everyone agrees on.
But that’s the difference in the votes. But we’ve had hundreds of thousands of ballots that we’re able to actually — we’ll get you a pretty accurate number. You don’t need much of a number because the number that in theory I lost by, the margin would be 11,779
So there were many infractions and the bottom line is, many, many times the 11,779 margin that they said we lost by — we had vast I mean the state is in turmoil over this. And I know you would like to get to the bottom of it...
Ballots were dropped in massive numbers. And we’re trying to get to those numbers and we will have them. They’ll take a period of time. Certified. But but they’re massive numbers. And far greater than the 11,779.
But Brad, if you took the minimum numbers where many, many times above the 11,779 and many of those numbers are certified, or they will be certified but they are certified. And those are numbers that are there that exist
You know when you add them up, it’s many more times, it’s many times the 11,779 number.
But we only lost the state by that number, 11,000 votes, and 779. So with that being said, with just what we have, with just what we have we’re giving you minimal, minimal numbers. We’re doing the most conservative numbers possible, we’re many times, many, many times above the margin
But regardless of those votes, with all of it being said, we lost by essentially 11,000 votes and we have many more votes already calculated and certified, too.
We have a new tape that we’re going to release. It’s devastating. And by the way, that one event, that one event is much more than the 11,000 votes that we’re talking about.
I won this election by hundreds of thousands of votes. There’s no way I lost Georgia. There’s no way. We won by hundreds of thousands of votes. I’m just going by small numbers when you add them up they’re many times the 11,000. But I won that state by hundreds of thousands of votes.
you will find you will be at 11,779 within minutes, because Fulton County is totally corrupt and so is she, totally corrupt.
But they are shredding ballots, in my opinion, based on what I’ve heard. And they are removing machinery and they’re moving it as fast as they can, both of which are criminal finds. And you can’t let it happen and you are letting it happen. You know, I mean, I’m notifying you that you’re letting it happen. So look. All I want to do is this. I just want to find 11,780 votes, which is one more than we have because we won the state. And flipping the state is a great testament to our country because, cause you know, this is — it’s a testament that they can admit to a mistake or whatever you want to call it. If it was a mistake, I don’t know. A lot of people think it wasn’t a mistake. It was much more criminal than that.
Look, we need only 11,000 votes. We have are far more than that as it stands now. We’ll have more and more.
So what are we going to do here folks? I only need 11,000 votes. Fellas, I need 11,000 votes. Give me a break. You know, we have that in spades already. Or we can keep it going but that’s not fair to the voters of Georgia because they’re going to see what happened and they’re going to see what happened
No, we do have a way but I don’t want to get into it. We found a way in other states excuse me, but we don’t need it because we’re only down 11,000 votes so we don’t even need it. I personally think they’re corrupt as hell. But we don’t need that. Because all we have to do Cleta is find 11,000-plus votes. So we don’t need that. I’m not looking to shake up the whole world. We won Georgia easily. We won it by hundreds of thousands of votes. But if you go by basic simple numbers, we won it easily, easily. So we’re not giving Dominion a pass on the record. We just, we don’t need Dominion, because we have so many other votes that we don’t need to prove it any more than we already have.
So why am I posting all of Trump's specific allegations and all of the quotes where he talks about the 11k votes he lost by? Because in its totality, it paints a very different picture than that painted by the media. He's not asking anybody to go out there and find him a specific number of votes. He's simply asking for his allegations to be further investigated and he's making his point of view very clear that he believes that if a proper investigation is done, it will be proven that he won Georgia by many times the 11k number he lost by. I think he genuinely believed that then and that he still does today. Whether he's actually factually correct isn't the point as nothing in this call constitutes improperly pressuring a public official to do anything illegal.

-let the flame wars directed towards me begin-
The censorship king from out of state.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Feb 23, 2024 5:31 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2024 5:11 pm
You actually read that?
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Fri Feb 23, 2024 5:35 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2024 5:31 pm
Honeyman wrote:
You actually read that?
The whole thing? God, no. But I needed a laugh and got to:

I don't see anything even remotely resembling Trump pressuring (let alone illegally pressuring) Georgia officials to do anything illegal....

That's gold, Jerry! GOLD!!!

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri Feb 23, 2024 6:37 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2024 5:35 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Honeyman wrote:
You actually read that?

I don't see anything even remotely resembling Trump pressuring (let alone illegally pressuring) Georgia officials to do anything illegal....

So the thing is, you can't legitimately reach an opinion on whether or not Trump was illegally pressuring anybody to do anything without reading the entire transcript of the call and putting everything from that call into context. I read the whole thing and came up with an opinion. The phone call has not changed, nor has my opinion.

My opinion will be irrelevant though if the whole case gets dropped.

Which, don't you find it the least bit ironic that the very people who are prosecuting Trump for alleged corruption, are themselves, corrupt?

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Fri Feb 23, 2024 8:00 pm

bmw wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2024 6:37 pm
Honeyman wrote:
TC Talks wrote:
Honeyman wrote:
You actually read that?

So the thing is, you can't legitimately reach an opinion on whether or not Trump was illegally pressuring anybody to do anything without reading the entire transcript of the call and putting everything from that call into context. I read the whole thing and came up with an opinion. The phone call has not changed, nor has my opinion.

Which, don't you find it the least bit ironic that the very people who are prosecuting Trump for alleged corruption, are themselves, corrupt?
No, you refuse to believe what is right in front of your eyes and ears. There is no doubt, in my mind that Trump was trying to influence the Georgia SOS to alter the election results. No doubt. NO DOUBT. You cannot see it, apparently. You continue to support this treasonous, rapist, Russia loving, anti-American crook for the highest office in the land. And we all know that your favorite pastime is arguing on the internet. Have at it. Just don't think you're ever gonna change my opinion.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Feb 23, 2024 8:21 pm

bmw wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2024 6:37 pm
Honeyman wrote:
TC Talks wrote:
Honeyman wrote:
You actually read that?

They have too much on Trump to drop it... reassign it maybe but not drop it. And even then... them having a relationship or not is immaterial to the prosecution of it.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Feb 24, 2024 8:35 am

I can't be the only one assuming BMW got tennis elbow after posting this thread predicting his hero would get off, can I?
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Feb 24, 2024 8:40 am

Matt wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2024 8:35 am
I can't be the only one assuming BMW got tennis elbow after posting this thread predicting his hero would get off, can I?
Not by a long shot.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Feb 24, 2024 8:43 am

This situation proves what I've long known to be true - many people in positions of power, from executive branches of the federal government to county prosecutor's offices - are filled with corrupt scumbags. The above is true regardless of whether a (D) or an (R) appears alongside one's name.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Feb 24, 2024 9:07 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2024 8:43 am
This situation proves what I've long known to be true - many people in positions of power, from executive branches of the federal government to county prosecutor's offices - are filled with corrupt scumbags. The above is true regardless of whether a (D) or an (R) appears alongside one's name.
It’s not surprising. I also don’t see how it affects the prosecution a bit. If anything if she gave the job to him because he was her boyfriend that weakens their case since he’s inexperienced and Trump should be thrilled with it. He won’t get it thrown out… at best he gets it delayed for a minute.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic