Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Biden is DONE

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Lester The Nightfly

Re: Biden is DONE

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Fri Feb 09, 2024 6:50 pm

zzand wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2024 11:19 am
Interesting idea but it is pretty certain the SCOTUS will come down against Colorado which makes this a pointless argument. If they don't I Could see all Democrat states wiping Trump off the ballots and all Republican states doing the same for Biden or whoever ends up their nominee.
Guess we'll just have to decide it by Marquess of Queensberry rules. I'll still put my money on Biden.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Fri Feb 09, 2024 7:01 pm

Rate This wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2024 6:40 pm
MWmetalhead wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2024 5:45 pm
They're trying to take Biden out before the convention so as to get a different Democrat candidate.
I agree with this.

Nolan Finley speculated Merrick Garland allowed the senility-related language to remain in the Special Prosecutor's report for that very reason.

I suspect Mr. Finley is correct.
Nolan Finley is an idiot. The Hur report was a hit job… there are apparently 5 hours of interviews with Biden that Hur did… they should be released. This supposed senility stuff should be judged by the country instead of taking what clearly looks like a guy with his GOP thumb on the scales word for it.

I think it’s far more likely Hur is gunning for Trumps attention to get a plumb job in a potential administration.

A guy who doesn’t know where he is at all IS NOT going to be able to read a teleprompter for 25 minutes or survive a barrage of questions right after in a press conference without flinching. Clearly you have never been around people who are actually losing it. I have. Biden is NOT losing it. Not even remotely close.
Admit it, he's slipping a little. Reagan was younger than this in his second term and he was losing it, too. Few 82 year olds will have the abilities of even someone who is 50.

I still can't figure out how the fuck we got here.
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Feb 09, 2024 7:10 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2024 7:01 pm
Rate This wrote:
MWmetalhead wrote:
They're trying to take Biden out before the convention so as to get a different Democrat candidate.
I agree with this.

Nolan Finley speculated Merrick Garland allowed the senility-related language to remain in the Special Prosecutor's report for that very reason.

Nolan Finley is an idiot. The Hur report was a hit job… there are apparently 5 hours of interviews with Biden that Hur did… they should be released. This supposed senility stuff should be judged by the country instead of taking what clearly looks like a guy with his GOP thumb on the scales word for it.

I think it’s far more likely Hur is gunning for Trumps attention to get a plumb job in a potential administration.

A guy who doesn’t know where he is at all IS NOT going to be able to read a teleprompter for 25 minutes or survive a barrage of questions right after in a press conference without flinching. Clearly you have never been around people who are actually losing it. I have. Biden is NOT losing it. Not even remotely close.
Admit it, he's slipping a little. Reagan was younger than this in his second term and he was losing it, too. Few 82 year olds will have the abilities of even someone who is 50.

He acts like he’s 81… because he is 81. He’s not a vegetable…. He mixes things up but how many people over 50 have you heard NOT do that? Not many…. It’s incredibly common. The brain is an organ just like a heart or a liver… it ages.

I’m supposed to believe a guy with clear signs of mental illness is somehow a better option than a guy who isn’t as sharp as he maybe once was…. That’s comical.

We got here because young people don’t vote and so old folks voted in folks their age the same as they have been doing since 1992 when they were 46 and so was Clinton.
Last edited by Rate This on Fri Feb 09, 2024 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Fri Feb 09, 2024 7:13 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Rate This wrote:
MWmetalhead wrote:
I agree with this.

For that matter 77 year old's as well. Distinction without a difference.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Feb 09, 2024 7:15 pm

Lester The Nightfly wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2024 7:13 pm
Mega Hertz wrote:
Rate This wrote:
MWmetalhead wrote:
I agree with this.

That’s a part I don’t get… they are 3 years apart in age… am I supposed to be impressed that he’s only 77 or something?

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Fri Feb 09, 2024 7:20 pm

Rate This wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2024 7:15 pm
Mega Hertz wrote:
Rate This wrote:
MWmetalhead wrote:
I agree with this.

That’s a part I don’t get… they are 3 years apart in age… am I supposed to be impressed that he’s only 77 or something?
“You go to war with the army you have, not the army you might want or wish to have at a later time.”

― Donald Rumsfeld

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Fri Feb 09, 2024 8:09 pm

Rate This wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2024 7:15 pm
Mega Hertz wrote:
Rate This wrote:
MWmetalhead wrote:
I agree with this.

But he's DONNY! He's the MAN! He's the best EVER!
-TurkeyTop

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Feb 09, 2024 10:38 pm

Paul Krugman may be a flaming liberal but I don’t get dishonest vibes from him:
When the news broke about the special counsel’s hit job — his snide, unwarranted, obviously politically motivated slurs about President Biden’s memory — I found myself thinking about my mother. What year did she die? It turned out that I didn’t know offhand; I knew that it was after I moved from Princeton to CUNY, because I was regularly commuting out to New Jersey to see her, but before the pandemic. I actually had to look into my records to confirm that she died in 2017.
I’ll bet that many readers are similarly vague about the dates of major life events. You remember the circumstances, but not necessarily the precise year. And whatever you think of me, I’m pretty sure I don’t write or sound like an old man. The idea that Biden’s difficulty in pinning down the year of his son’s death shows his incapacity — in the middle of the Gaza crisis! — is disgusting.

As it happens, I had an hourlong off-the-record meeting with Biden in August. I can’t talk about the content, but I can assure you that he’s perfectly lucid, with a good grasp of events. And outside that personal experience, on several occasions when I thought he was making a serious misjudgment — like his handling of the debt ceiling crisis — he was right and I was wrong.

And my God, consider his opponent. When I listen to Donald Trump’s speeches, I find myself thinking about my father, who died in 2013 (something else I had to look up). During his last year my father suffered from sundowning: He was lucid during the day, but would sometimes become incoherent and aggressive after dark. If we’re going to be doing amateur psychological diagnoses of elderly politicians, shouldn’t we be talking about a candidate who has confused Nikki Haley with Nancy Pelosi and whose ranting and raving sometimes reminds me of my father on a bad evening?

So to everyone who’s piling on Biden right now, stop and look in the mirror. And ask yourself what you are doing.
New York Times.

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri Feb 09, 2024 10:51 pm

Cognitively speaking, Trump would mop the floor with Biden. It's not even a close contest.

btw - if this is a hit job, why is Biden himself not calling for the tape to be released?

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Fri Feb 09, 2024 10:52 pm

I'm not "piling" on Biden. Even without potential "slipping" mentally, he is EIGHTY. ONE. He is, at a minimum, two generations behind the times. We are looking for current day solutions for current day problems.

On the other hand, they just wanna Donnie as a status symbol. They just want the win. They just want their attitudes ans behaviors and prejudices and hate to be validated. Face it, he truly is "of the people, for the people, by the people". He's a loudmouth, arrogant, hateful, ignorant, fat, a blowhard, a braggart and a liar. He cheats and shoots moves. Even if it doesn't help or do anything positive, he can so he will. That's America. I have a right. Fuck the next person.

Joe Biden is past his sell-by date. And if the Democrats didn't learn their lesson in 2016, they're never gonna learn at all. Republican-lite isn't doing anyone any favors.
-TurkeyTop

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Feb 09, 2024 10:53 pm

Rate This wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2024 10:38 pm
When the news broke about the special counsel’s hit job — his snide, unwarranted, obviously politically motivated slurs about President Biden’s memory — I found myself thinking about my mother. What year did she die? It turned out that I didn’t know offhand; I knew that it was after I moved from Princeton to CUNY, because I was regularly commuting out to New Jersey to see her, but before the pandemic. I actually had to look into my records to confirm that she died in 2017.
I’ll bet that many readers are similarly vague about the dates of major life events. You remember the circumstances, but not necessarily the precise year. And whatever you think of me, I’m pretty sure I don’t write or sound like an old man. The idea that Biden’s difficulty in pinning down the year of his son’s death shows his incapacity — in the middle of the Gaza crisis! — is disgusting.

As it happens, I had an hourlong off-the-record meeting with Biden in August. I can’t talk about the content, but I can assure you that he’s perfectly lucid, with a good grasp of events. And outside that personal experience, on several occasions when I thought he was making a serious misjudgment — like his handling of the debt ceiling crisis — he was right and I was wrong.

And my God, consider his opponent. When I listen to Donald Trump’s speeches, I find myself thinking about my father, who died in 2013 (something else I had to look up). During his last year my father suffered from sundowning: He was lucid during the day, but would sometimes become incoherent and aggressive after dark. If we’re going to be doing amateur psychological diagnoses of elderly politicians, shouldn’t we be talking about a candidate who has confused Nikki Haley with Nancy Pelosi and whose ranting and raving sometimes reminds me of my father on a bad evening?

So to everyone who’s piling on Biden right now, stop and look in the mirror. And ask yourself what you are doing.
New York Times.
Paul Krugman is a rat. He has no credibility.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Feb 09, 2024 11:27 pm

Matt wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2024 10:53 pm
Rate This wrote:

New York Times.
Ok then… thanks for going Trump. We hope you have a pleasant trip.

So you aren’t buying that Trump could have a touch of something?

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Feb 10, 2024 8:59 am

Rate This wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2024 11:27 pm
Matt wrote:
Rate This wrote:

New York Times.

A broken clock is right twice a day. He can be right here and still be a rat. Our two main candidates likely will not last through the next term - that means we'd be stuck with Kamala or Corey Lewandowski's whore, terrible outcomes, both.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:29 am

Matt wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2024 8:59 am
Rate This wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2024 11:27 pm
Matt wrote:
Rate This wrote:

New York Times.

A broken clock is right twice a day. He can be right here and still be a rat. Our two main candidates likely will not last through the next term - that means we'd be stuck with Kamala or Corey Lewandowski's whore, terrible outcomes, both.
Ah I got your meaning now.

Is Noem really any more than a second coming of Palin?

zzand

Post by zzand » Sat Feb 10, 2024 11:40 am

The age thing brings to mind a change that needs to be made to the rules for running for president. Minimum age is set. We need a maximum age too. I say 65 and no older.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic