Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Trump keeps winning LOL

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Matt

Re: Trump keeps winning LOL

Post by Matt » Thu Feb 08, 2024 6:34 pm

bmw wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2024 6:28 pm
I do find it hilarious that now that this one looks like it going to go into the win column for Trump, the media has suddenly shifted from calling what happened on January 6th an "insurrection" to calling it a "riot."

AP Headline: "The Supreme Court seems poised to reject efforts to kick Trump off the ballot over the Capitol riot"
Is a riot substantially better?

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Feb 08, 2024 6:41 pm

Matt wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2024 6:34 pm
The difference between a riot and an insurrection is significant. And until if and when Trump were to be charged and convicted under 18 U.S. Code § 2383 (Rebellion or insurrection) then he cannot be kept off the ballot for insurrection.

So far he has been nothing more than impeached for insurrection, and in that instance, he was acquitted.

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Feb 08, 2024 7:26 pm

bmw wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2024 6:41 pm
Matt wrote:
The difference between a riot and an insurrection is significant. And until if and when Trump were to be charged and convicted under 18 U.S. Code § 2383 (Rebellion or insurrection) then he cannot be kept off the ballot for insurrection.

So far he has been nothing more than impeached for insurrection, and in that instance, he was acquitted.
I mean, we're playing word salad at this point. The guy encouraged his supporters to stop the legal counting of electoral votes. Was that a good thing in your mind?
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Thu Feb 08, 2024 7:31 pm

Matt wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2024 7:26 pm
bmw wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2024 6:41 pm
Matt wrote:

I mean, we're playing word salad at this point. The guy encouraged his supporters to stop the legal counting of electoral votes. Was that a good thing in your mind?
It doesn't make a difference to beemer and his ilk. He will ignore the jist of what really happened, and count this as vindication
The censorship king from out of state.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Thu Feb 08, 2024 7:42 pm

This is pathetic. I can't even believe this is up for debate.
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Feb 08, 2024 7:56 pm

bmw wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2024 6:28 pm
I do find it hilarious that now that this one looks like it going to go into the win column for Trump, the media has suddenly shifted from calling what happened on January 6th an "insurrection" to calling it a "riot."

AP Headline: "The Supreme Court seems poised to reject efforts to kick Trump off the ballot over the Capitol riot"
They’ve been using both insurrection and Capitol riot since it happened dude.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic