Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Why does Biden need new legislation to "shut down" the border?

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
bmw

Why does Biden need new legislation to "shut down" the border?

Post by bmw » Sat Jan 27, 2024 9:10 am

President Joe Biden on Friday vowed to halt crossings at the border when it's "overwhelmed" if Congress passes bipartisan immigration legislation giving him that authority.

In a strongly worded statement, Biden threw his support behind an emerging immigration deal in the Senate, one that former President Donald Trump is seeking to torpedo since it could hand a legislative victory to his likely opponent in November.

“What’s been negotiated would — if passed into law — be the toughest and fairest set of reforms to secure the border we’ve ever had in our country,” Biden said Friday night. “It would give me, as President, a new emergency authority to shut down the border when it becomes overwhelmed. And if given that authority, I would use it the day I sign the bill into law.”
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/immigr ... rcna135980

Wait a minute? Hasn't his administration been repeatedly stating that the border is secure and that they're stopping the flow of migrants at the border?

Here is his brain-dead press secretary from just 4 months ago:

QUESTION: "Why aren't you guys stopping the flow at the border?"

ANSWER: "We are stopping the flow at the border. What the President has been able to do on his own, without the help of Republicans in Congress...the President has put a plan that is indeed, uh, the data is showing that it is indeed, uh, uh stopping, slowing down the flow of unlawful migration, and that is because of the work this President continues to do without the help of Republicans."

So if the President is doing this successfully on his own, what the hell does he need new legislation for?

Deleted User 16173

Re: Why does Biden need new legislation to "shut down" the border?

Post by Deleted User 16173 » Sat Jan 27, 2024 10:21 am

His press secretary is cute but stupid. The one before her was just stupid.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Jan 27, 2024 10:50 am

She's a graduate with a Master's in Public Administration from Columbia University.

Two part question:
Where did you get your post graduate degree?

Do you really think she is directing her comments to an old white guy from the Detroit suburbs, or to the people actually engaged in this issue?

You're opinion has never been important to people who are actually working on issues our country faces.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

zzand

Post by zzand » Sat Jan 27, 2024 10:57 am

I believe the why is right now with the situation in Texas he is looking like a fool during an election year and he needs to make a positive step to close it to illegal crossings. I understand why Trump wants to torpedo the bill so he can use it for his campaign but I personally think he needs to be ignored.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Jan 27, 2024 11:00 am

TC Talks wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2024 10:50 am
She's a graduate with a Master's in Public Administration from Columbia University.

Two part question:
Where did you get your post graduate degree?

Do you really think she is directing her comments to an old white guy from the Detroit suburbs, or to the people actually engaged in this issue?

You're opinion has never been important to people who are actually working on issues our country faces.
That is a complete, 100% dodge of the question I'm posing here. If we are to take her comments at face value, then why does Biden need new legislation to accomplish the very things she said he was already successfully accomplishing just 4 months ago?

As an aside, I wouldn't be lecturing people about their level of education when you don't even know when to use "your" vs. "you're."

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Jan 27, 2024 11:03 am

I was addressing the comments from the idiot just before my remarks. Thanks for the correction, Grammar and spell checking with this stupid phone aren't priorities, but they probably should be.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Jan 27, 2024 11:06 am

zzand wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2024 10:57 am
I believe the why is right now with the situation in Texas he is looking like a fool during an election year and he needs to make a positive step to close it to illegal crossings. I understand why Trump wants to torpedo the bill so he can use it for his campaign but I personally think he needs to be ignored.
I disagree with regards to Trump's reasons for wanting to torpedo the bill. I, myself, am highly skeptical of any legislation being hammered out behind closed doors that is supposedly "bi-partisan."

As to Biden, his problem is we've reached critical mass with the illegals that are here. They're everywhere. Even in my small town in northern Michigan.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sat Jan 27, 2024 12:20 pm

bmw wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2024 9:10 am

QUESTION: "Why aren't you guys stopping the flow at the border?"

ANSWER: "We are stopping the flow at the border. What the President has been able to do on his own, without the help of Republicans in Congress...the President has put a plan that is indeed, uh, the data is showing that it is indeed, uh, uh stopping, slowing down the flow of unlawful migration, and that is because of the work this President continues to do
Yeah? Sure!
December Border Surge Sets Alarming Record: 371,000 Illegal Crossings
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sat Jan 27, 2024 12:25 pm

TC Talks wrote:
So, that proves you can receive an advanced degree and still be as dumb as a rock?

Someone's money well spent?
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sat Jan 27, 2024 12:40 pm

Here's where the Democrats fuck themselves. They piss off the progressives when getting "tough" on the things like the border, while trying to play to the right by making it look like they're doing something...anything about it. Trick no good.
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Deleted User 16173

Post by Deleted User 16173 » Sat Jan 27, 2024 12:48 pm

Bryce wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2024 12:25 pm
TC Talks wrote:
So, that proves you can receive an advanced degree and still be as dumb as a rock?

💯 Both of Biden’s press secretaries dodged questions on a regular basis. Must be the criteria to be a press secretary for the Biden Administration. Don’t answer the questions just dodge them. Again, our tax money well spent.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Jan 27, 2024 3:58 pm

Bryce wrote:
TC Talks wrote:
Is she dumb as a rock? Or it is that she's a person of color who can't possibly be smarter than you? (She is)
― Noam Chomsky

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sat Jan 27, 2024 4:33 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2024 3:58 pm
Bryce wrote:
TC Talks wrote:
Is she dumb as a rock? Or it is that she's a person of color who can't possibly be smarter than you? (She is)
Gee, to bad there isn't such a thing as a lesbian card. You could have played that too.

There are bunches of people of color much brighter than I. She isn't one of them.

Colonel Flagg

Post by Colonel Flagg » Sat Jan 27, 2024 4:35 pm

Mark Nelson wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2024 12:48 pm
Bryce wrote:
TC Talks wrote:

💯 Both of Biden’s press secretaries dodged questions on a regular basis. Must be the criteria to be a press secretary for the Biden Administration. Don’t answer the questions just dodge them. Again, our tax money well spent.
Smart people usually don't use phrases like "circle back" over and over again. Circle Back Jen was pitiful to watch. Now that I think about it, Guy Gordon says it a lot too. That figures.
"Don't you knock when you enter a room?"

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Jan 27, 2024 4:53 pm

You don't spend much time on corporate meetings do you?
― Noam Chomsky

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic