Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

DeSantis drops out

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
TC Talks

Re: DeSantis drops out

Post by TC Talks » Sun Jan 21, 2024 8:22 pm

Trump is losing by a significant margin in the swing states. I'd suggest you do a bit of research.

“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Round Six

Post by Round Six » Sun Jan 21, 2024 8:24 pm

bmw wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 6:26 pm
I'm not convinced Trump goes with DeSantis as VP.
We are in agreement. Has to be a woman. Most practical choice in my personal opinion.
Life is not a dress rehearsal. This is it. There's no going back, and we can only go forward before we run out of runway.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sun Jan 21, 2024 8:54 pm

Round Six wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 8:19 pm
Mega Hertz wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 3:36 pm
I got $5 on Trump's second term.

Either way, never underestimate the stupidity of the American people.
It's a sucker bet. Donald will win if it's him and Biden in November. We can lament and be passionate about the folly of that happening. And say that Trump's supporters are a bunch of rectal births.

But unless one of the two keels over, you have to be pragmatic. Trump's going back to Pennsylvania Avenue.
Having said that I do believe Anyone But Joe or Kamala has a very good chance of beating Trump.
Please don't misconstrue my statement; I hate it. I hate the idea of a Trump win, and I also hate the fact that my alternative is Biden. Either way, it's a reality I have to face. And I will have to deal with it as an American. But it doesn't mean I have to like it.
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

bmw

Post by bmw » Sun Jan 21, 2024 9:02 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 8:22 pm
Trump is losing by a significant margin in the swing states. I'd suggest you do a bit of research.
What kind of crack are you smoking up there in Traverse City? :hat

Trump leads or is tied in literally every single swing state. And I didn't even include Florida or North Carolina here.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sun Jan 21, 2024 10:07 pm

Biden is going to make a colossal error that will make "dog faced pony soldier" look like a cogent argument. Trump and DeSantis(or Ramaswamy) will run on the anti trans issue, and it will have a resurgent effect. Project 25 will be implemented, and accounts like mine will go dormant in Trump's second term. We will all be thrown in camps as trans people, but we will go kicking and screaming. I expect that part to occur in 2026. The first group of people to be taken to camps will be trans kids in 2025.
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sun Jan 21, 2024 11:24 pm

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 10:07 pm
Biden is going to make a colossal error that will make "dog faced pony soldier" look like a cogent argument. Trump and DeSantis(or Ramaswamy) will run on the anti trans issue, and it will have a resurgent effect. Project 25 will be implemented, and accounts like mine will go dormant in Trump's second term. We will all be thrown in camps as trans people, but we will go kicking and screaming. I expect that part to occur in 2026. The first group of people to be taken to camps will be trans kids in 2025.
I will always stand for my LGBTQ+ homies. Always.

And BMW, is Florida really a swing state? NC, sure, it's been in play, but FL seems to be going more and more Republican lately.
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Mon Jan 22, 2024 3:50 am

Mega Hertz wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 11:24 pm
MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 10:07 pm
I will always stand for my LGBTQ+ homies. Always.

And BMW, is Florida really a swing state? NC, sure, it's been in play, but FL seems to be going more and more Republican lately.
If people actually read the strategy, they would understand it isn’t hyperbole more than likely. At minimum, they are planning to throw us in jail for “non conforming” dress.

Polls won’t matter until May. That said, I do think Biden is in trouble. Probably not these types of margins though.
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Jan 22, 2024 4:06 am

bmw wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 9:02 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 8:22 pm
What kind of crack are you smoking up there in Traverse City? :hat

Trump leads or is tied in literally every single swing state. And I didn't even include Florida or North Carolina here.
That sounds like a wonderful argument for The Koch Brother's minions. Their expensive and often very accurate data shows Trump losing in swing states. I personally don't worry about polls until the campaigning starts.
― Matt

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Mon Jan 22, 2024 6:28 am

DeSantis dropped out to protect the "legacy" of his second-place finish in Iowa.

It's all about 2028 now, as no one was beating Trump this time, and continuing to run would only antagonize the former Trump supporters.

Something Haley will either need to overcome quickly, or find out she that blew up her chances for 2028 by losing in her home state.
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Jan 22, 2024 8:28 am

DeSantis will suck even worse in 4 years. Nobody really likes him.
― Matt

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Jan 22, 2024 8:49 am

audiophile wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2024 6:28 am
DeSantis dropped out to protect the "legacy" of his second-place finish in Iowa.

It's all about 2028 now, as no one was beating Trump this time, and continuing to run would only antagonize the former Trump supporters.

Something Haley will either need to overcome quickly, or find out she that blew up her chances for 2028 by losing in her home state.
What makes you think Trump won't be running in 2028? The time to remove Trump's influence is now. The fact that some can't see this is shocking.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Mon Jan 22, 2024 9:19 am

He can't run in 2028 if he becomes president.

I wish Trump would have retired after two years and let Pentz take over.

The whole Fauci debacle makes me sick, Trump didn't have the gonads to fire him after he lied.
Last edited by audiophile on Mon Jan 22, 2024 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Jan 22, 2024 9:22 am

audiophile wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2024 9:19 am

What makes you think 1) that he'll win this year, and 2) that if he wins, he won't try and run again?
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Jan 22, 2024 9:22 am

Trump fully plans to become a dictator. No election needed.
― Matt

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Mon Jan 22, 2024 9:25 am

Matt wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2024 9:22 am
audiophile wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2024 9:19 am

What makes you think 1) that he'll win this year, and 2) that if he wins, he won't try and run again?
I don't think there would be much appetite for a 2028 primary run. 2024 or bust.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic