Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

2024 Primary Results Thread

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Rate This

2024 Primary Results Thread

Post by Rate This » Mon Jan 15, 2024 8:35 pm

Well… it’s here. Primary season begins tonight with the Iowa Caucus. Trump will win most likely but will anybody make it closer than expected? This one is always wonky because of how it works with everybody in a room trying to convince everybody else to vote for their guy.

And just like that the AP has declared Trump the winner.

Mega Hertz

Re: 2024 Primary Results Thread

Post by Mega Hertz » Mon Jan 15, 2024 8:36 pm

AP is NOT fake news. Check.
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Taco

Post by Taco » Tue Jan 16, 2024 6:21 am

It's a travesty that fudge packer won. I guess 51% of Iowans are Maggots. Very disturbing.
Woe to you, oh earth and sea
For the Devil sends the beast with wrath
Because he knows the time is short
Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast
For it is a human number
Its number is six hundred and sixty-six

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Tue Jan 16, 2024 7:11 am

Rate This wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2024 8:35 pm
Well… it’s here. Primary season begins tonight with the Iowa Caucus. Trump will win most likely but will anybody make it closer than expected? This one is always wonky because of how it works with everybody in a room trying to convince everybody else to vote for their guy.

Aww shucks, but I now leave the predictions to BMW. :blink
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Jan 16, 2024 7:37 am

audiophile wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2024 7:11 am
Rate This wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2024 8:35 pm

Aww shucks, but I now leave the predictions to BMW. :blink
Gee… you’d think my predicting a red trickle would carry some weight… oh well.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed Jan 17, 2024 6:09 am

What's your angle? Haley looks weak after cancelling debate.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... r-AA1n5EOA
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

zzand

Post by zzand » Wed Jan 17, 2024 7:17 am

I agree with her. It is past time for Trump to quit dodging the debates and take the stage with the other candidates.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Jan 17, 2024 7:42 am

audiophile wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2024 6:09 am
What's your angle? Haley looks weak after cancelling debate.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... r-AA1n5EOA
I think this is a fabulous idea. Trump doesn't want to be held accountable to a public forum, I don't see why the other candidates should. I think it's bold move.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Round Six

Post by Round Six » Wed Jan 17, 2024 9:03 am

I'll get flamed for saying this. But I see Trump's logic in sitting out the debates as long as he's so far ahead in the polls. Why take a chance of putting his foot in his mouth?
Life is not a dress rehearsal. This is it. There's no going back, and we can only go forward before we run out of runway.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Wed Jan 17, 2024 9:37 am

Round Six wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2024 9:03 am
I'll get flamed for saying this. But I see Trump's logic in sitting out the debates as long as he's so far ahead in the polls. Why take a chance of putting his foot in his mouth?
Because he won't. Look at how he's worshipped and defended on this board alone. There's a lot more around the country. Face it, he could kick you in the balls, molest your wife, empty your bank account, beat the hell out of your kids and they'd still go "BUT THE DEMOCRATS..." What does he have to lose?
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

ZenithCKLW

Post by ZenithCKLW » Wed Jan 17, 2024 11:58 am

I listened to an interview with a man who was choosing to vote for Trump over DeSantis. This wasn't a left vs. right interview; no left causes were communicated; this interview was right A vs. right B.

In a nutshell, the guy's only defense for choosing Trump was because he hates politicians, and Trump isn't a politician, so he'll vote for anyone who makes "the other guys" mad. What a f-ed up vision for the country's future, just vote in accordance with making people mad. Not one iota about how to make people's lives better or solving problems; just who can we make miserable.

Trump has no platform, he IS a politician, although he's just a troll who riles people up. That's his purpose. That's what he does. And he's good at it, much to society's detriment. We'll pay. And when I say "we", I mean even his supporters will pay.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Wed Jan 17, 2024 12:52 pm

ZenithCKLW wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2024 11:58 am
I listened to an interview with a man who was choosing to vote for Trump over DeSantis. This wasn't a left vs. right interview; no left causes were communicated; this interview was right A vs. right B.

In a nutshell, the guy's only defense for choosing Trump was because he hates politicians, and Trump isn't a politician, so he'll vote for anyone who makes "the other guys" mad. What a f-ed up vision for the country's future, just vote in accordance with making people mad. Not one iota about how to make people's lives better or solving problems; just who can we make miserable.

Trump has no platform, he IS a politician, although he's just a troll who riles people up. That's his purpose. That's what he does. And he's good at it, much to society's detriment. We'll pay. And when I say "we", I mean even his supporters will pay.
Trump does have a platform, he stated it quite succinctly back during his CNN townhall about a year ago.

It's quite simple and to the point. Drill baby drill, deregulation and close the border.
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Colonel Flagg

Post by Colonel Flagg » Wed Jan 17, 2024 3:25 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2024 9:37 am
Round Six wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2024 9:03 am
Because he won't. Look at how he's worshipped and defended on this board alone. There's a lot more around the country. Face it, he could kick you in the balls, molest your wife, empty your bank account, beat the hell out of your kids and they'd still go "BUT THE DEMOCRATS..." What does he have to lose?
But he never did anything of the sort. You should write fiction. :smokin

I know you won't believe me, but I've voted for Democrats a lot over the years. I don't recognize the Democrats anymore. I'm not like my old buddy Ken Brown "It's the party, man! It's the party!" No, Kenny, it isn't. The Democrats I voted for were supposedly all about "sticking it to the Man" Now, it's do whatever the Man tells you, because the Man knows what's best for you. The Bush and Romney fans are no better.

No thanks.
"Don't you knock when you enter a room?"

Ben Zonia

People Just Don't Like Piling On

Post by Ben Zonia » Wed Jan 17, 2024 3:51 pm

If I learned anything from PE, before a football was thrown at my head, caused a concussion, and I transferred into a school that exempted me from PE with another physical activity, I learned that people don't like piling on, in football, politics, the workplace, message boards, and anything else.

That is a big factor in Trump's support. Politicians, The Media, The Courts, The FBI, The DOJ, The UN, the WEF, The WHO, etc, are all piling on Donald Trump, and the true common people don't like it, the people who weren't fed royal jelly like queen bees, but are intelligent, worked hard, and are looked down upon by people who work for the government in some way at some level, election officials and corporatists at international conferences, and their middle management. These people are nothing but schoolyard bullies who throw metaphorical footballs at people's heads, trip them up in any way possible, and pile on.

That's why people support Donald Trump. If they drop all this crap, dismiss all criminal and civil charges, and otherwise stop piling on, his support would probably drop.
"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

Matt

Re: People Just Don't Like Piling On

Post by Matt » Wed Jan 17, 2024 4:09 pm

Ben Zonia wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2024 3:51 pm
That is a big factor in Trump's support. Dumb motherfuckers love him, and everyone who supports him is one.
I couldn't agree more!
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic