Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Colorado Boots Trump Off The Ballot

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
MotorCityRadioFreak

Re: Colorado Boots Trump Off The Ballot

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Wed Dec 20, 2023 4:52 pm

bmw wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 7:09 pm
R.I.P. Due Process
Due process would mean his ass in jail so I agree with the fact that it's dead.

Edited to add: It would be funny if "the party that believes in states rights" appeals this. :lol

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

teetoppz28

Post by teetoppz28 » Wed Dec 20, 2023 6:51 pm

Rate This wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2023 4:24 pm
Bryce wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2023 4:12 pm
Honeyman wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2023 3:02 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2023 2:54 pm
Since this is a state constitution issue, how does a Federal Court get involved?
Guessing because it's concerning a federal election.
Au contraire..

The Colorado Supreme court based their decision on the 14 Amendment of the United Sates Constitution. And I quote, "A majority of the court holds that President Trump is disqualified from holding the office of President of the United States under section three of the 14th Amendment of the Constitution of the United States."

On U.S. Constitutional questions the SCOTUS has the last word.
Section 3 Disqualification from Holding Office
No person shall be a Senator or Representative in Congress, or elector of President and Vice-President, or hold any office, civil or military, under the United States, or under any State, who, having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress, or as an officer of the United States, or as a member of any State legislature, or as an executive or judicial officer of any State, to support the Constitution of the United States, shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof. But Congress may by a vote of two-thirds of each House, remove such disability.
Notice it lists pretty much every elected position EXCEPT for President and Vice President.
The oath of office for president counters the lack of specificity to a degree…
Reading comprehension > Bryce
Dropping knowledge on forum MAGAts.
Unapologetically intellectually superior.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Dec 21, 2023 6:02 am

I love when the laws are tested.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Thu Dec 21, 2023 7:55 am

teetoppz28 wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2023 6:51 pm

Reading comprehension > Bryce
My comprehension is just dandy. In fact, several months ago, I was able to comprehend that you're a dumbass.
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Fri Dec 22, 2023 9:49 am

Ouch! It seems many on both sides agree Colorado court screwed up:
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... r-AA1lTU6M
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

km1125

Post by km1125 » Fri Dec 22, 2023 1:19 pm

audiophile wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2023 9:49 am
Ouch! It seems many on both sides agree Colorado court screwed up:
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... r-AA1lTU6M
Good article and summary.

I'd take exception to this part though: "" they should lobby for laws that prevent ANY convicted felon from appearing on a state ballot — which all states should do anyway".

That seems completely contradictory to the movement to allow felons voting rights. If they're allowed to vote, why shouldn't they be allowed to run? (btw, I don't think either is appropriate).

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Dec 28, 2023 7:11 pm

Maine has now kicked Trump off its primary ballot.

zzand

Post by zzand » Thu Dec 28, 2023 8:55 pm

I do think the list will get longer

zzand

Post by zzand » Fri Dec 29, 2023 8:17 am

California will leave Trump on their ballot. He was certified along with all other candidates last night.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Fri Dec 29, 2023 8:59 am

Should the Texas AG kick Biden of their ballot on charges of treason?
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Dec 29, 2023 9:09 am

Bryce wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2023 8:59 am
Should the Texas AG kick Biden of their ballot on charges of treason?
What charges? Also, it is the SOS, not the AG that certifies ballots.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

zzand

Post by zzand » Fri Dec 29, 2023 9:44 am

Dan Bonjino is floating the idea that all Republican states should toss Biden off their ballots. The only problem is at the point there is nothing to use as the reason to do so. He has not been charged with treason so that won't fly. Trump has been charged, not tried yet, so that is the reason being used to toss him off ballots. It is flimsy at best at SCOTUS will rule in his favor if they decide to even take it up.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Fri Dec 29, 2023 9:44 am

I wasn't aware that charges and convictions were necessary to be removed from the ballot. I sure don't recall Trump ever being convicted of insurrection. And none of the numerous charges weighing against him now include insurrection.

zzand

Post by zzand » Fri Dec 29, 2023 9:53 am

If you read what I posted I said he was not tried on any charges yet. As for insurrection at least one ruling, Colorado, said he is guilty of it. So do wit that what you will.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Fri Dec 29, 2023 10:04 am

zzand wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2023 9:53 am
If you read what I posted I said he was not tried on any charges yet. As for insurrection at least one ruling, Colorado, said he is guilty of it. So do wit that what you will.
Being declared guilty by four people, without a trial or due process, is not the way our justice system works.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic