Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

DeSantis v. Newsom debate at 9pm tonight

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
bmw

DeSantis v. Newsom debate at 9pm tonight

Post by bmw » Thu Nov 30, 2023 8:40 pm

FINALLY a debate that might be mildly entertaining to watch.

bmw

Re: DeSantis v. Newsom debate at 9pm tonight

Post by bmw » Thu Nov 30, 2023 10:55 pm

I watched most of it, and I don't think either performed particularly well. Purely on substance, I agreed with DeSantis on a lot of stuff, but he's not that great as debating. Newsom, while in hostile territory, really struggled to give direct answers to much of anything.

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:27 pm

Florida is a toilet. My wife and I were interested in getting a winter place down there when the housing market chills out, but we went down there in October and central Florida continues to go downhill. Went to Tampa/Clearwater, went to Orlando, went to Daytona, all the places we went on our honeymoon years ago, and they went from rundown with a certain bit of charm to being absolute hellholes.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Fri Dec 01, 2023 9:42 am

Neckbeard wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:27 pm
Florida is a toilet. My wife and I were interested in getting a winter place down there when the housing market chills out, but we went down there in October and central Florida continues to go downhill. Went to Tampa/Clearwater, went to Orlando, went to Daytona, all the places we went on our honeymoon years ago, and they went from rundown with a certain bit of charm to being absolute hellholes.
I can't speak to Daytona, but I have a lot of friends that live around Tampa/Sarasota and Orlando and they all love it there. More friends down near Naples and they're in the same boat - although it does it pretty hot mid-summer.

Aside from the traffic. EVERYBODY complains about the traffic, and a lot is piled on with 'snowbirds' and how they can't/won't drive as fast as the locals.

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Fri Dec 01, 2023 10:46 am

Someone on another message board had interesting comments about it

Colonel Flagg

Post by Colonel Flagg » Fri Dec 01, 2023 1:45 pm

Neckbeard wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:27 pm
I like your way of thinking...stay away. I'm already sipping my second Manhattan here at beautiful Lake Howell. I don't need any neckbeards ruining my view.

But if you really must come down here, try Ocala. That's probably about your speed. Every time I pass through it looks more like a mini Sterling Heights. There's a vape shop in every strip mall :lol

Oh, and P.S... nobody likes Daytona anymore.
"Don't you knock when you enter a room?"

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Dec 01, 2023 5:08 pm

This seemed like an odd concept, and I was unaware of this event. Whose idea was it to have these two debate one another? A trial balloon for a 2028 presidential contest perhaps?

As far as Daytona is concerned, that is pretty much redneck heaven, isn't it? I liken it to a sunnier, much warmer version of Monroe County. Wendy the Slow Adult (who must weigh 350 lbs easily) of Howard Stern show fame lives in a trailer near Daytona.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

Motown322

Post by Motown322 » Fri Dec 01, 2023 5:35 pm

Go 2 miles inland off of the ocean or the gulf and Florida is the most backward redneck state in the country.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Dec 01, 2023 6:16 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2023 5:08 pm
This seemed like an odd concept, and I was unaware of this event. Whose idea was it to have these two debate one another? A trial balloon for a 2028 presidential contest perhaps?

As far as Daytona is concerned, that is pretty much redneck heaven, isn't it? I liken it to a sunnier, much warmer version of Monroe County. Wendy the Slow Adult (who must weigh 350 lbs easily) of Howard Stern show fame lives in a trailer near Daytona.
This was a Sean Hannity idea. He asked Newsom if he would debate DeSantis on air in July and he accepted and then DeSantis was asked on air in August and he accepted. They are widely seen as possible 2028 front runners.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Fri Dec 01, 2023 6:48 pm

Neckbeard wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2023 10:46 am
Someone on another message board had interesting comments about it

I just ate a beefy 5 layer burrito from Taco Bell. I immediately regret it. Speaking of poo...
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Fri Dec 01, 2023 8:06 pm

Colonel Flagg wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2023 1:45 pm
I like your way of thinking...stay away. I'm already sipping my second Manhattan here at beautiful Lake Howell. I don't need any neckbeards ruining my view.
Casselberry side, no doubt.

Surprised you can slip the glass past your robe. Cheers!

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Mon Dec 04, 2023 6:17 am

bmw wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2023 10:55 pm
I watched most of it, and I don't think either performed particularly well. Purely on substance, I agreed with DeSantis on a lot of stuff, but he's not that great as debating. Newsom, while in hostile territory, really struggled to give direct answers to much of anything.
Newsom comes off as a BS'er - no straight answers.

The fact he picked a shaming fight over a minor pronunciation issue shows petty he is.

Perhaps the funniest part was never aired. Hannity agreed to extend the debate another half hour, after Newsom said he would "debate all night". but Newsom's wife intervened and put an end to it. Even she knew her husband was losing.
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic