Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Biden finally has an actual Democrat primary challenger

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
bmw

Biden finally has an actual Democrat primary challenger

Post by bmw » Thu Oct 26, 2023 10:28 pm

He has somewhere between a snowball's chance in hell and the Pistons' chance of winning an NBA title this season, but nevertheless, this is the most serious contender to announce yet.

House Representative Dean Phillips.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/dean-phill ... challenge/

A1B1C1D1

Re: Biden finally has an actual Democrat primary challenger

Post by A1B1C1D1 » Fri Oct 27, 2023 12:10 am

In reality, a vote for Phillips is a vote against Harris. When Democrats were whispering about dropping Joe it was Bill Maher who said what few Democrats would, 'dump Harris from the ticket not Biden'.

His candidacy only poses one real question... If Joe struggles out of the gate, would he dump her?

Keep in mind, this man has called Biden a great President so far, but that the upcoming primary is about the future. This is not going to be a dirty campaign against Joe, expect some swipes at Harris.

Round Six

Post by Round Six » Fri Oct 27, 2023 12:33 am

From the linked article:

" ... Phillips said he has studied polling data and is alarmed about the prospect of Trump beating Mr. Biden, should the 2024 election end up becoming rematch of the 2020 race ... ".

So exactly how does another hat in the ring help any Democrat win? I'll agree with anyone that says just about anyone but Joe has a better chance of beating Trump.

But let's be honest. Biden WILL be the nominee. And there will be NO primary debates. Seems it prudent every Democrat should be pragmatic and be All In For Joe.

I would like to ask your thoughts on this. Does Harris hurt, help or not a factor in Biden's 2024 chances?
Life is not a dress rehearsal. This is it. There's no going back, and we can only go forward before we run out of runway.

paul8539

Post by paul8539 » Fri Oct 27, 2023 8:59 pm

Joe should replace Mrs. Emhoff with Phillips.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Oct 28, 2023 8:52 am

paul8539 wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2023 8:59 pm
Joe should replace Mrs. Emhoff with Phillips.
Misogynist.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Round Six

Post by Round Six » Sat Oct 28, 2023 7:38 pm

Mutt wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2023 8:52 am
Misogynist.
Once again Beavis has licked the Cheeto dust off his fingers, sat up on the couch in his mom's basement, and posted yet another insightful missive. He tries so hard.
Life is not a dress rehearsal. This is it. There's no going back, and we can only go forward before we run out of runway.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Oct 28, 2023 10:24 pm

A1B1C1D1 wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2023 12:10 am
In reality, a vote for Phillips is a vote against Harris. When Democrats were whispering about dropping Joe it was Bill Maher who said what few Democrats would, 'dump Harris from the ticket not Biden'.

His candidacy only poses one real question... If Joe struggles out of the gate, would he dump her?

Keep in mind, this man has called Biden a great President so far, but that the upcoming primary is about the future. This is not going to be a dirty campaign against Joe, expect some swipes at Harris.
I agree 100 percent (and I agree with Maher as well).
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Oct 28, 2023 11:06 pm

Round Six wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2023 7:38 pm
Mutt wrote:
Misogynist.
Once again Beavis has licked the Cheeto dust off his fingers, sat up on the couch in his mom's basement, and posted yet another insightful missive. He tries so hard.
Someone who insists that a woman takes her husband's last name is a misogynist.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sat Oct 28, 2023 11:36 pm

Matt wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2023 11:06 pm
Round Six wrote:
Mutt wrote:
Misogynist.
I need a little more insight from you on that statement, Matt. We've come a long way from a woman living life as Mrs. Joe Smith.
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Oct 30, 2023 8:50 pm

Matt wrote:
Round Six wrote:
Mutt wrote:
Misogynist.
Of course there are women who want that… are they misogynists too?

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Oct 30, 2023 9:52 pm

Rate This wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 8:50 pm
Matt wrote:
Round Six wrote:
Mutt wrote:
Misogynist.
Most do, but the two female governors in Michigan history and the only female VP in American history do not, yet this clown has consistently referred to them by their husband's last names. He also has asked "does she cook and do laundry?" You pick some weird hills to die on - this one might be your worst.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Oct 30, 2023 9:54 pm

Matt wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 9:52 pm
Rate This wrote:
Matt wrote:
Round Six wrote:
Mutt wrote:
Misogynist.
Most do, but the two female governors in Michigan history and the only female VP in American history do not, yet this clown has consistently referred to them by their husband's last names. He also has asked "does she cook and do laundry?" You pick some weird hills to die on - this one might be your worst.
I asked your opinion Sparky.

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Oct 30, 2023 10:02 pm

Rate This wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 9:54 pm
Matt wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 9:52 pm
Rate This wrote:
Matt wrote:
Round Six wrote:
Mutt wrote:
Misogynist.
I asked your opinion Sparky.
My opinion is that it is up to the woman, and most women choose to take the name. I'm aware of one woman who chose to give up her fairly normal maiden name for "Boxberger" - that seemed like a poor choice.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Tue Oct 31, 2023 12:25 am

Women should be under no obligation to give up their maiden name. Many gay cis men do not when they marry. I don’t see how this is any different, especially for someone running in politics. General wisdom is you keep your legal name from when you first ran.
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Tue Oct 31, 2023 4:00 am

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2023 12:25 am
Women should be under no obligation to give up their maiden name. Many gay cis men do not when they marry. I don’t see how this is any different, especially for someone running in politics. General wisdom is you keep your legal name from when you first ran.
My wife took my name when we got married. It was awkward calling her neckbeard for the past 16 tears, but now at 40, its gotten more appropriate.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic