Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Israeli Army vs Palestine Civilians

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Bryce

Re: Israeli Army vs Palestine Civilians

Post by Bryce » Tue Oct 17, 2023 4:56 pm

My money is on PIJ themselves.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Oct 17, 2023 10:36 pm

zzand wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2023 4:47 pm
It remains to be seena who is responsible for the explosion. I know you want it to be Israel but wait for results of the investigation before you celebrate too much
Zzand, the only side I'm on is with the civilians, Israeli or Palestinian. I dislike the terrorists (Hamas) and any over zealous response (from any country).
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

zzand

Post by zzand » Wed Oct 18, 2023 6:06 am

Your posts don't seem that way. Evidence seems to be pointing toward a terrorist rocket misfire causing the explosion, but no firm explanation yet.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Oct 18, 2023 6:25 am

That's not how the reporting reads, but the publications admint the no longer have reporting from Gaza.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

zzand

Post by zzand » Wed Oct 18, 2023 6:52 am

So the report from NBC stating that that aired during our top of the hour news is a figment of imagination?

Round Six

Post by Round Six » Wed Oct 18, 2023 7:51 am

TC Talks wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2023 6:25 am
That's not how the reporting reads, but the publications admint the no longer have reporting from Gaza.
The articles you are posting start with "According to The Palestinian Health Ministry ... ".

Red Flag One that it may be not quite the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. And before you say it, I'll concur that what Israel is saying should also be taken with a grain of salt.
Life is not a dress rehearsal. This is it. There's no going back, and we can only go forward before we run out of runway.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Oct 18, 2023 10:22 am

zzand wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2023 6:52 am
So the report from NBC stating that that aired during our top of the hour news is a figment of imagination?
I read articles in Washington Post and NY Times. I generally don't watch TV.

"Israel Planes Bomb Gaza Hospital" was pretty definitive at the time I read the paper.
― Noam Chomsky

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Oct 18, 2023 10:27 am

TC Talks wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2023 10:22 am
zzand wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2023 6:52 am
I read articles in Washington Post and NY Times. I generally don't watch TV.

"Israel Planes Bomb Gaza Hospital" was pretty definitive at the time I read the paper.
“Two warring sides point blame at each other in explosion” would be the most accurate headline.

zzand

Post by zzand » Wed Oct 18, 2023 10:30 am

Sorry, should have specified, our top of hour uses sound bites from NBC radio news. NBC reported that too but then changed their story based on continuing investigations. Right now I don't believe anything coming out of Israel or Gaza sources. Both sides want to make the other look bad.

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Wed Oct 18, 2023 11:57 am

This will not be a popular take, but we need to keep out of this. Period. I am 100% aware that Hamas is getting external support, but this is not our fight. A ton of innocent people are going to die, but throughout human history innocent people have died. Whenever the U.S. tries to play the role of policeman, we embarrass ourselves, innocent Americans end up dying, and we end up wasting ungodly amounts of money. The Israeli government and the Palestinians have never been angels and this has always been a "when, not if" situation so while its horrible that innocent people are dying, they knew and their families knew that this was coming one day. Its not like there was a sign in Israel that said "3,067 days since our last skirmish!" There's never been true peace there. Pulling both sides apart will just mean that there will need to be separation once again. I'm not interested in the finer points of the conflict. Neither side has ever made a true attempt to extend an olive branch to the other.

Round Six

Post by Round Six » Wed Oct 18, 2023 2:37 pm

Neckbeard wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2023 11:57 am
This will not be a popular take, but we need to keep out of this. Period. I am 100% aware that Hamas is getting external support, but this is not our fight. A ton of innocent people are going to die, but throughout human history innocent people have died. Whenever the U.S. tries to play the role of policeman, we embarrass ourselves, innocent Americans end up dying, and we end up wasting ungodly amounts of money. The Israeli government and the Palestinians have never been angels and this has always been a "when, not if" situation so while its horrible that innocent people are dying, they knew and their families knew that this was coming one day. Its not like there was a sign in Israel that said "3,067 days since our last skirmish!" There's never been true peace there. Pulling both sides apart will just mean that there will need to be separation once again. I'm not interested in the finer points of the conflict. Neither side has ever made a true attempt to extend an olive branch to the other.
Me and you are in the same mind. It's just not our backyard.
I know many people who follow the foreign press more than I do.
And they believe if we told the State Of Israel it's been nice knowing you, terrorists would leave us along.
They're not pissed at us because we're the USA. They're pissed at us 'cuz we are Israel's best friend.

I know they are being over simplistic. But it is something to ponder.
Life is not a dress rehearsal. This is it. There's no going back, and we can only go forward before we run out of runway.

bmw

Post by bmw » Wed Oct 18, 2023 8:59 pm

Neckbeard: There certainly are valid arguments both for and against US involvement in the Middle East, and in particular, in this conflict. I'm not going to get involved in that particular debate, as quite frankly, I don't have enough knowledge about the situation over there to have an educated opinion either way. I was 100% on-board with the Iraq invasion after 9/11, and in hindsight, that probably wasn't the correct position to take. So I'm a bit more weary this time around about having a definitive opinion on what exactly the US should be doing.

However, where I will take issue with you is over your comment about neither side ever attempting to extend an olive branch to the other. I would suggest that there is no reason for Israel to do so, as the "other side" is a terrorist organization. You don't offer olive branches to terrorist organizations. Period.

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Wed Oct 18, 2023 9:12 pm

bmw wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2023 8:59 pm
Neckbeard: There certainly are valid arguments both for and against US involvement in the Middle East, and in particular, in this conflict. I'm not going to get involved in that particular debate, as quite frankly, I don't have enough knowledge about the situation over there to have an educated opinion either way. I was 100% on-board with the Iraq invasion after 9/11, and in hindsight, that probably wasn't the correct position to take. So I'm a bit more weary this time around about having a definitive opinion on what exactly the US should be doing.

However, where I will take issue with you is over your comment about neither side ever attempting to extend an olive branch to the other. I would suggest that there is no reason for Israel to do so, as the "other side" is a terrorist organization. You don't offer olive branches to terrorist organizations. Period.
Think harder about your second paragraph and retry.

bmw

Post by bmw » Wed Oct 18, 2023 9:24 pm

I have, and I stand by it. If you have a specific criticism of my comment, I'll address that. Otherwise, I'm not a mind-reader.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Oct 18, 2023 10:10 pm

bmw wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2023 9:24 pm
I have, and I stand by it. If you have a specific criticism of my comment, I'll address that. Otherwise, I'm not a mind-reader.
So who is going to offer the olive branch? The terrorists?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic