Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Next Speaker Predictions

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Motown322

Re: Next Speaker Predictions

Post by Motown322 » Tue Oct 24, 2023 10:20 pm

And now we have McCarthy floating another run with Jim Jordan in a Dwight Schrute "Assistant to the Regional Manager" role... what a fucking clown show.

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Oct 24, 2023 10:39 pm

I nominate matt1. Congress would be fascinating.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Oct 24, 2023 10:39 pm

Mike Johnson of Louisiana is next up…

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Oct 24, 2023 10:40 pm

Matt wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 10:39 pm
I nominate matt1. Congress would be fascinating.
We might need to add a weekly highlight show at… 1130.

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Wed Oct 25, 2023 1:57 am

Tbh, the sane republicans should abandon ship and start their own party at this point. The republican party is 100% owned by Trump. All he needs to do is shitpost about you and your career is curtains.

bmw

Post by bmw » Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:54 am

Neckbeard wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 1:57 am
Tbh, the sane republicans should abandon ship and start their own party at this point. The republican party is 100% owned by Trump. All he needs to do is shitpost about you and your career is curtains.
It is fascinating, isn't it?

The problem with the anti-Trump wing of the party is that it is a minority wing and as such, if it went rogue and went third-party, it would accomplish nothing more than securing Democrat rule for the foreseeable future.

Trump does indeed own the party, and that is a political reality that some Republican politicians are very much struggling with.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Wed Oct 25, 2023 11:37 am

bmw wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:54 am
Neckbeard wrote:

The problem with the anti-Trump wing of the party is that it is a minority wing and as such, if it went rogue and went third-party, it would accomplish nothing more than securing Democrat rule for the foreseeable future.

Trump does indeed own the party, and that is a political reality that some Republican politicians are very much struggling with.
💯.

Further, if the GOP got their shit together, and Pence, Christie, Rammaswamny, etc. all got together, dropped out of the race and endorsed Haley to give her a serious chance to win in the primaries, Trump would trash her as the Republican nominee and many in the cult would not vote, handing the Presidency to the Dems.
The censorship king from out of state.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Oct 25, 2023 11:50 am

I think Mike Johnson will get the necessary votes.

If not, those Republicans who vote against him should drop their GOP ties, become Independents, and caucus with the Dems on a speaker nominee.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Oct 25, 2023 1:06 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 11:50 am
I think Mike Johnson will get the necessary votes.

If not, those Republicans who vote against him should drop their GOP ties, become Independents, and caucus with the Dems on a speaker nominee.
Liz Cheney?
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Oct 25, 2023 2:07 pm

Moot point now. Johnson has the votes.

I correctly predicted either Emmer or Johnson would be next speaker. :)
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed Oct 25, 2023 2:51 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2023 2:55 pm
Tom Emmer or Mike Johnson will be the next Speaker of the House.
Ding!

4 days ago too!
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Wed Oct 25, 2023 4:04 pm

They could have done worse. He's mostly conservative.
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

teetoppz28

Post by teetoppz28 » Wed Oct 25, 2023 4:48 pm

Just another ThE eLeCtIoN wAs StOlEn!! tRumpanzee...
Dropping knowledge on forum MAGAts.
Unapologetically intellectually superior.

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Wed Oct 25, 2023 5:24 pm

bmw wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:54 am
Neckbeard wrote:

I considered these same things last night after I posted that, but then I thought, there are plenty of dems who are frustrated as hell with the fact that they get jokers like Hillary or Kamala or clearly incapacitated people like Biden. I really do believe that for most people, while they are more attracted to one party or the other, they would definitely vote against their own party as they vote against a rival party.

I don't believe that third partiers do a good enough job of encouraging people to vote against other parties and people seem to be generally more interested in voting against than voting for.

But there is also the whole money thing and that's a gigantic barrier.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Wed Oct 25, 2023 5:51 pm

Thank God! Now we can get back to REAL business, like what Hunter Biden's farts smell like. Let's GO!
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic