Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Migrant Child Labor in US factories

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
km1125

Re: Migrant Child Labor in US factories

Post by km1125 » Sun Sep 24, 2023 1:42 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2023 12:50 pm
<snip>
By the way, the news reports that were cited by TC Talks referred to the youths as "migrant children."

To fault him for the term the news organizations used is unfair and comes across as petty. Are the youths in question here illegally? Probably, but that's only supposition at this point. Criticizing the news organizations for failing to dig more deeply into that question is certainly fair game, of course.
It's absolutely fair. Yes, the news organizations should know better, but to propagate the error further when someone should know better is also very wrong.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Sep 24, 2023 1:44 pm

So you expect TC Talks to subpoena and personally review the immigration status records of the children involved? How do you know for certain that none of the children's parents are here legally?

He simply referred to them as "migrant children."

There is nothing I've seen to suggest that term is inaccurate here. Illegal immigrants are migrants and so are legal immigrants.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

lidoshuffle

Post by lidoshuffle » Sun Sep 24, 2023 3:34 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2023 12:16 pm
lidoshuffle wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2023 9:39 am
TC Talks wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2023 9:07 am
These are 12 to 14 year olds and you find this funny?
Your statement using the term "Migrant" is funny....
I take it you haven't read a dictionary.

You just won't admit it will you...
If the Biden Administration would have done more at our Southern Borders...
Let ICE do their jobs...
Clamp down on the flood of Illegals pouring into the USA...
Enough of the "Sanctuary Cities/States BS (When it's time to be a Sanctuary location, suddenly it's NOT time to be)
If Joe and Kamala would have had a grip on this situation, just MAYBE "Child Migrant Labor" would not be an issue with you...
It's epic Chaos down at the Southern Border, you won't admit that will you?
All in the name of votes...

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Sep 24, 2023 6:35 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Criticizing the news organizations for failing to dig more deeply into that question is certainly fair game, of course.
The Atlantic magazine broke this story months ago, New York Times reported on it again this week.

So far I'm not overwhelmed by how the conservative posters responses to a story of children being exploited by large corporations.

Blame everyone but the people directly responsible for the crime. I guess that's what we expect from Trump supporters, right?
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

lidoshuffle

Post by lidoshuffle » Sun Sep 24, 2023 6:36 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2023 6:35 pm
MWmetalhead wrote:
Criticizing the news organizations for failing to dig more deeply into that question is certainly fair game, of course.
The Atlantic magazine broke this story months ago, New York Times reported on it again this week.

So far I'm not overwhelmed by how the conservative posters responses to a story of children being exploited by large corporations.

Blame everyone but the people directly responsible for the crime. I guess that's what we expect from Trump supporters, right?
Then why haven't Joe and Kamala come to the rescue of these exploited children?

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Sep 24, 2023 6:40 pm

You are a dim bulb aren't you. The Labor Department is taking action, aren't they? This investigation has been going on for months.

Why hasn't the Republican lead Congress created meaningful immigration reform for the last 12 years?

I've been talking about this since March, and your shitbags in Congress are too busy trying to shut down the government instead of doing meaningful work....

https://mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/viewtopi ... or#p732995
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Sep 24, 2023 10:03 pm

lidoshuffle wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2023 6:36 pm
TC Talks wrote:
MWmetalhead wrote:

Big hint... the GOP had 2 years of all the marbles from 17-19 and did nothing about all of these pet peeves conservatives have when the could have done lots of things. Why? BECAUSE YOU VOTING FOR THEM TO STOP THESE THINGS ARE WHAT MATTERS... THEY COULD CARE LESS ABOUT ANY OF IT! It's lip service so you'll put them in and they'll do yet another tax cut. No policy proposals at all... no ideas... just riling up rubes such as yourself to get votes.

paul8539

Post by paul8539 » Sun Sep 24, 2023 11:13 pm

Who is getting the payment for the kids' work? The parents? Do the kids get to keep it? Or is somebody else getting it? Or are they working for free?

lidoshuffle

Post by lidoshuffle » Mon Sep 25, 2023 4:54 pm

Rate This wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2023 10:03 pm
lidoshuffle wrote:
TC Talks wrote:
MWmetalhead wrote:

Big hint... the GOP had 2 years of all the marbles from 17-19 and did nothing about all of these pet peeves conservatives have when the could have done lots of things. Why? BECAUSE YOU VOTING FOR THEM TO STOP THESE THINGS ARE WHAT MATTERS... THEY COULD CARE LESS ABOUT ANY OF IT! It's lip service so you'll put them in and they'll do yet another tax cut. No policy proposals at all... no ideas... just riling up rubes such as yourself to get votes.
*Couldn't Care Less*
Then we both agree, The Biden Administration is clueless on this issue and has no idea how to override previous GOP policies on this issue, correct?

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Sep 25, 2023 8:19 pm

lidoshuffle wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2023 4:54 pm
Rate This wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2023 10:03 pm
lidoshuffle wrote:
TC Talks wrote:
MWmetalhead wrote:

*Couldn't Care Less*
Then we both agree, The Biden Administration is clueless on this issue and has no idea how to override previous GOP policies on this issue, correct?
Then we both agree you are a rube. The issue is solvable by opening a series of stations along the border to process the people in an orderly manner, document them and the whole works. Much like all those people coming over on ships 100 years ago. Trying to throw them all out and thinking we have the resources to do it to 11 million or more people is lunacy.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Sep 25, 2023 9:50 pm

paul8539 wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2023 11:13 pm
Who is getting the payment for the kids' work? The parents? Do the kids get to keep it? Or is somebody else getting it? Or are they working for free?
It's effectively slave labor. The "contractors" are these kids legal guardians in the US. They effectively adopted these kids and put them to work in sweatshops. I hope Tyson and Purdue receive landmark fines. Both corporations are top tier Republican supporters.
― Noam Chomsky

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Tue Sep 26, 2023 12:58 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2023 9:50 pm
Both corporations are top tier Republican supporters.
I am having a hard time verifying that "top tier" part. Both seem like rather small potatoes when it comes to donating money.
I no longer directly engage trolls

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Sep 26, 2023 1:07 pm

They're PAC spending is impressive. The fact they created their own PAC is telling.
― Noam Chomsky

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic