Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Oy Vey Joe

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Bryce

Oy Vey Joe

Post by Bryce » Sat Sep 16, 2023 4:14 pm

On a call with a group of Rabbis during the High Holy Days, your president claimed:
“I, uh, uh, you might say, raised in, uh, the, uh, synagogues of my state. You think I’m kidding — I’m not.
Ever notice when he says " I'm not kidding" he's usually lying?

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Matt

Re: Oy Vey Joe

Post by Matt » Sat Sep 16, 2023 4:25 pm

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Sep 16, 2023 5:21 pm

Bryce wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2023 4:14 pm
On a call with a group of Rabbis during the High Holy Days, your president claimed:
“I, uh, uh, you might say, raised in, uh, the, uh, synagogues of my state. You think I’m kidding — I’m not.
Are these consequential lies like “building a wall” or inconsequential like “I didn’t take a cookie”?

You notice how he stuttered before he said that? Generally what follows may not be what the speaker meant to say… it is completely plausible that what follows is hilariously incorrect. That’s not really lying… it’s misspeaking. Someone who defends Trump’s completely not comprehensible speech on a regular basis really ought to not go here.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sat Sep 16, 2023 5:28 pm

80 year old president: doddering old fart.

Film at 11.

We're about to sit down for Rosh Hashanah dinner, too.
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sat Sep 16, 2023 8:52 pm

Rate This wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2023 5:21 pm
Bryce wrote:
Are these consequential lies like “building a wall” or inconsequential like “I didn’t take a cookie”?

You notice how he stuttered before he said that? Generally what follows may not be what the speaker meant to say… it is completely plausible that what follows is hilariously incorrect. That’s not really lying… it’s misspeaking. Someone who defends Trump’s completely not comprehensible speech on a regular basis really ought to not go here.
Of course you would make excuses for the mushbrain you voted for
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Sep 17, 2023 8:29 am

Bryce wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2023 8:52 pm
Rate This wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2023 5:21 pm
Bryce wrote:

Of course you would make excuses for the mushbrain you voted for
And you don’t make excuses for yours?

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Sep 17, 2023 8:46 am

Captain Dementia wrote:“We’ve seen record lows in unemployment particularly — and I’ve focused on this my whole career — particularly for African Americans and Hispanic workers and veterans, you know, the workers without high school diplomas,” he said in televised remarks.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sun Sep 17, 2023 9:03 am

Matt wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2023 8:46 am
Captain Dementia wrote:“We’ve seen record lows in unemployment particularly — and I’ve focused on this my whole career — particularly for African Americans and Hispanic workers and veterans, you know, the workers without high school diplomas,” he said in televised remarks.
“I taught at the University of Pennsylvania for four years and I used to teach political theory. And folks, you always hear, every generation has to fight for democracy.”
Biden was an honorary professor at the Philadelphia school, serving as the Benjamin Franklin presidential professor of the practice from February 2017 to April 2019, between his term in the White House as vice president and the start of his presidential campaign. That's TWO years and he NEVER taught a single class.

Shall we go into the major fire at his house in which he almost lost his wife, cat and '67 vette? Or, how about his claim he visited ground zero the day after the attack? Video shows him speaking on the floor of the Senate on 09/12. I could go on....

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sun Sep 17, 2023 10:11 am

Please do. We know what Biden is. You refuse to accept what Trump is. That's the difference.

I'll throw you a free one. The 1987 speech that he ripped from someone that he "forgot" to give credit for.

Your turn.
-TurkeyTop

bmw

Post by bmw » Sun Sep 17, 2023 10:27 am

Mega Hertz wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2023 10:11 am
Please do. We know what Biden is. You refuse to accept what Trump is. That's the difference.
Aren't you the one who cries "whataboutism" every single time the shoe is on the other foot? And I quite literally mean, every single time it happens?

Yet, whataboutism shows up full force here and not only do you not call it out, you engage in it yourself.

I always suspected you were a hypocrite. Now we have the proof.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Sep 17, 2023 10:37 am

It is conceivable Biden visited ground zero and attended a portion of the Senate session on 9/12. New York is a 45 to 60 minute flight from D.C. Senators aren't necessarily in the Capitol from gavel to gavel.

It is also conceivable Biden, like many politicians, is full of shit.

I don't think Mega's post falls into the "whataboutism" bucket. He clearly acknowledged Biden's penchant for lying and in no way excused it. In fact, he seems to correctly acknowledge that both Biden and Trump are full of shit, and in both instances, that fact should be troubling to the American public.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sun Sep 17, 2023 10:37 am

bmw wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2023 10:27 am
Mega Hertz wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2023 10:11 am
Aren't you the one who cries "whataboutism" every single time the shoe is on the other foot? And I quite literally mean, every single time it happens?

Yet, whataboutism shows up full force here and not only do you not call it out, you engage in it yourself.

I always suspected you were a hypocrite. Now we have the proof.
Again. We know what Biden is. We don't deny it. There's your proof.
-TurkeyTop

bmw

Post by bmw » Sun Sep 17, 2023 10:55 am

Mega Hertz wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2023 10:37 am
RT denies it. You not calling his clear whataboutism out is what I was pointing out since you usually do it to anybody who you even see as maybe defending Trump by pointing to other people's behavior.

But here's my bigger problem. People like you and Honeyman act like you're taking some kind of moral high ground by claiming that both candidates are garbage and that people who admit that between Biden and Trump, they'll vote for Trump - that these people are somehow inferior. And that's fine - you're free to do that, but the reality is that you are not a representative sample of the vast majority of Democrat voters. Despite polls showing that a seemingly large majority of Democrat voters have some major issues with Joe Biden, if Biden gets the nomination, most of those same people are still going to show up at the polls and pull the lever for Biden. Why is it that these voters get a free pass but people who say they'll vote for Trump if he's the nominee get endlessly mocked?

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:14 am

bmw wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2023 10:55 am
Mega Hertz wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2023 10:37 am
RT denies it. You not calling his clear whataboutism out is what I was pointing out since you usually do it to anybody who you even see as maybe defending Trump by pointing to other people's behavior.

But here's my bigger problem. People like you and Honeyman act like you're taking some kind of moral high ground by claiming that both candidates are garbage and that people who admit that between Biden and Trump, they'll vote for Trump - that these people are somehow inferior. And that's fine - you're free to do that, but the reality is that you are not a representative sample of the vast majority of Democrat voters. Despite polls showing that a seemingly large majority of Democrat voters have some major issues with Joe Biden, if Biden gets the nomination, most of those same people are still going to show up at the polls and pull the lever for Biden. Why is it that these voters get a free pass but people who say they'll vote for Trump if he's the nominee get endlessly mocked?
Well if that clears up your sniffles, then fine, RT is wrong, too. I've seen you tiptoe around coming out and denouncing Trump for a long, long time. You're the first one to up and give hypotheticals and analysis.

And also, whataboutism would have been if I said "But what about Trump's 35,000 lies, huh? HUH???" I came right out and called Joe Biden what he is. I guess calling out your party hurts so bad that you get pissy when the other side does it. You'll get there one day. I have faith.
-TurkeyTop

bmw

Post by bmw » Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:33 am

I started typing out a response, but have decided that I have better things to do today than to get into a pissing match over who has the moral high ground on calling out the leader of their preferred party the most.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic