Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Oy Vey Joe

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Rate This

Re: Oy Vey Joe

Post by Rate This » Wed Sep 20, 2023 9:09 pm

bmw wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2023 8:49 pm
Rate This wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2023 9:58 pm
What part of the first amendment doesn't apply to social media doesn't penetrate your thick skull?
What are you even talking about?
The Biden administration likely infringed upon the First Amendment when it leaned on social media companies to remove false or misleading COVID-19 content, a federal court of appeals ruled Friday — narrowing a bombshell district court order that barred several officials and agencies from communicating with the platforms.

The White House, surgeon general, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the FBI “likely coerced or significantly encouraged social-media platforms to moderate content” and in doing so, “likely violated the First Amendment,” the New Orleans-based Fifth US Circuit Court of Appeals determined.
https://nypost.com/2023/09/08/biden-off ... vid-court/
The fifth circuit is notoriously conservative… even they narrowed a fire breathing ruling that somebody stood on their head to get…

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Sep 20, 2023 10:33 pm

Rate This wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2023 10:00 pm
Mega Hertz wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:14 am
bmw wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2023 10:55 am
Mega Hertz wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2023 10:37 am
Again. We know what Biden is. We don't deny it. There's your proof.
RT denies it. You not calling his clear whataboutism out is what I was pointing out since you usually do it to anybody who you even see as maybe defending Trump by pointing to other people's behavior.

But here's my bigger problem. People like you and Honeyman act like you're taking some kind of moral high ground by claiming that both candidates are garbage and that people who admit that between Biden and Trump, they'll vote for Trump - that these people are somehow inferior. And that's fine - you're free to do that, but the reality is that you are not a representative sample of the vast majority of Democrat voters. Despite polls showing that a seemingly large majority of Democrat voters have some major issues with Joe Biden, if Biden gets the nomination, most of those same people are still going to show up at the polls and pull the lever for Biden. Why is it that these voters get a free pass but people who say they'll vote for Trump if he's the nominee get endlessly mocked?
Well if that clears up your sniffles, then fine, RT is wrong, too. I've seen you tiptoe around coming out and denouncing Trump for a long, long time. You're the first one to up and give hypotheticals and analysis.

And also, whataboutism would have been if I said "But what about Trump's 35,000 lies, huh? HUH???" I came right out and called Joe Biden what he is. I guess calling out your party hurts so bad that you get pissy when the other side does it. You'll get there one day. I have faith.
Ouch...

Anyways.... the point was less whataboutism and more the fact that they will ignore things that are entirely unexplainable from their guy and then denigrate someone who tries to explain Biden.
You shouldn't have to FANsplain the president of the United States - that's not a thing.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Sep 20, 2023 11:35 pm

Matt wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2023 10:33 pm
Rate This wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2023 10:00 pm
Mega Hertz wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:14 am
bmw wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2023 10:55 am
Mega Hertz wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2023 10:37 am
Again. We know what Biden is. We don't deny it. There's your proof.
RT denies it. You not calling his clear whataboutism out is what I was pointing out since you usually do it to anybody who you even see as maybe defending Trump by pointing to other people's behavior.

But here's my bigger problem. People like you and Honeyman act like you're taking some kind of moral high ground by claiming that both candidates are garbage and that people who admit that between Biden and Trump, they'll vote for Trump - that these people are somehow inferior. And that's fine - you're free to do that, but the reality is that you are not a representative sample of the vast majority of Democrat voters. Despite polls showing that a seemingly large majority of Democrat voters have some major issues with Joe Biden, if Biden gets the nomination, most of those same people are still going to show up at the polls and pull the lever for Biden. Why is it that these voters get a free pass but people who say they'll vote for Trump if he's the nominee get endlessly mocked?
Well if that clears up your sniffles, then fine, RT is wrong, too. I've seen you tiptoe around coming out and denouncing Trump for a long, long time. You're the first one to up and give hypotheticals and analysis.

And also, whataboutism would have been if I said "But what about Trump's 35,000 lies, huh? HUH???" I came right out and called Joe Biden what he is. I guess calling out your party hurts so bad that you get pissy when the other side does it. You'll get there one day. I have faith.
Ouch...

Anyways.... the point was less whataboutism and more the fact that they will ignore things that are entirely unexplainable from their guy and then denigrate someone who tries to explain Biden.
You shouldn't have to FANsplain the president of the United States - that's not a thing.
Well… that explains why they simply ignore things their guy does… how silly of me to try to explain it.

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Sep 22, 2023 8:16 am

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic