Acceptable registrations in the queue through June 3 at 5:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Polling this early... and relying on it..

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
FakeAndyStuart

Polling this early... and relying on it..

Post by FakeAndyStuart » Sat Sep 09, 2023 10:11 am

07/29/2011 02:13 PM EDT
A new poll shows that President Barack Obama’s approval rating has plummeted to a new low as talks to raise the debt ceiling stalled and the president stayed out of the public eye after a Monday night speech through early Friday.
The president’s average approval rating on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday was 40 percent in Gallup’s daily tracking poll released on Friday.
Dole Edges Clinton In Newsweek Poll
Sun., June 11, 1995
Sen. Bob Dole would beat President Clinton by a slim margin if a head-to-head presidential election were held today, according to a poll released Saturday.
October 2004
FOX News Poll - 10/30 - 10/31 -- Kerry 48 Bush 46 Kerry +2
Last edited by FakeAndyStuart on Sat Sep 09, 2023 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Matt

Re: Polling this early... and relying on it..

Post by Matt » Sat Sep 09, 2023 10:34 am

FakeAndyStuart wrote:
Sat Sep 09, 2023 10:11 am
A new poll shows that President Barack Obama’s approval rating has plummeted to a new low as talks to raise the debt ceiling stalled and the president stayed out of the public eye after a Monday night speech through early Friday.
The president’s average approval rating on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday was 40 percent in Gallup’s daily tracking poll released on Friday.
Sun., June 11, 1995
Sen. Bob Dole would beat President Clinton by a slim margin if a head-to-head presidential election were held today, according to a poll released Saturday.
October 2000
It's no surprise that the Bush/Kerry poll was wildly inaccurate FOUR YEARS before the election.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

FakeAndyStuart

Post by FakeAndyStuart » Sat Sep 09, 2023 10:49 am

Matt wrote:
Sat Sep 09, 2023 10:34 am
FakeAndyStuart wrote:
Sat Sep 09, 2023 10:11 am
Sun., June 11, 1995
October 2004 (it was a typo, my extreme apologies to all who never make mistakes
It's no surprise that the Bush/Kerry poll was wildly inaccurate FOUR YEARS before the election.
Ha ha ha ha.. so you found a typo. I fixed it.

In late fall 2004, there were more than one poll indicating a Kerry victory. In August, 2004, the Real Clear Politics poll average gave had Kerry ahead by a point.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epoll ... y-939.html

Round Six

Post by Round Six » Mon Sep 11, 2023 9:50 pm

I do agree with Andy if he's making the point I think he's making. Polls this early make good entertainment, but should not be taken seriously.

Let me throw this question out:
Do people see one candidate ahead and vote for them because they want to say they voted for the winner?

I say this because the folks I talk to are not "all in" for Trump or Biden. Seems despite what the polls are saying, not as many folks on the street seem to want one of the two.
Life is not a dress rehearsal. This is it. There's no going back, and we can only go forward before we run out of runway.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic