Acceptable registrations in the queue through June 3 at 5:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Any of you GOPers wanna defend Tommy Tuberville?

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Honeyman

Any of you GOPers wanna defend Tommy Tuberville?

Post by Honeyman » Tue Sep 05, 2023 11:00 am

https://www.cnn.com/2023/09/05/politics ... index.html

I still don't really understand how one senator is able to do this.

The censorship king from out of state.

audiophile

Re: Any of you GOPers wanna defend Tommy Tuberville?

Post by audiophile » Tue Sep 05, 2023 11:11 am

What band is he with?
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

radioandtventhusiast

Post by radioandtventhusiast » Tue Sep 05, 2023 12:20 pm

I don't understand it either. Tuberville doesn't have any minority leadership roles in Congress, and also, the Dems have a Senate majority, so I don't know how Tuberville, who's only been in the Senate since 2021, has this much power.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Tue Sep 05, 2023 12:23 pm

audiophile wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2023 11:11 am
What band is he with?
Let's see....."What band is he with?".....guessing this is some sort of attempt at humor......

I got it! Tuba is a musical instrument, and his name kinda has that instrument in it? Amirite?!?

Do you, as a Republican, want to address the question? Especially since he is using abortion and his reason for this travesty?

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Sep 05, 2023 12:28 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2023 12:23 pm
audiophile wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2023 11:11 am
What band is he with?
Let's see....."What band is he with?".....guessing this is some sort of attempt at humor......

I got it! Tuba is a musical instrument, and his name kinda has that instrument in it? Amirite?!?

Do you, as a Republican, want to address the question? Especially since he is using abortion and his reason for this travesty?
He fully supports Tuberville in this case. Tuberville's actions are disgraceful.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Deleted User 15924

Post by Deleted User 15924 » Tue Sep 05, 2023 1:38 pm

I am in no way defending Tuberville. After reading the article, I ponder why his party leadership hasn't told him to stop it.
That really is a good point to ponder in my opinion. Let's be honest, I think even Donald could weigh in and put an end to Tuberville's antics.

But this jumped out at me:

" ... It’s possible to confirm each of the nominees one by one, but Senate Democrats have argued that would take up valuable floor time – despite a five-week recess taken in August. The Senate is reconvening on Tuesday ... ".

How long does it take to confirm a nominee? That I don't know. But if they can do one a minute, it's done in 5 hours.
Seems it shouldn't take more than a minute to do a roll call for each nominee.
Just doing 10 confirmations a day since Tuberville started these shenanigans would of had all 300 done by now.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue Sep 05, 2023 8:52 pm

I feel like we're probably not getting the full story from CNN (although I will credit them for noting the Senate's recent five week recess). I do not trust Schumer, so I am skeptical he has clean hands in this matter.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Sep 05, 2023 9:04 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2023 8:52 pm
I feel like we're probably not getting the full story from CNN (although I will credit them for noting the Senate's recent five week recess). I do not trust Schumer, so I am skeptical he has clean hands in this matter.
There’s not a whole hell of a lot Schumer can do… one Senator has a right to hold up the works.

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Sep 05, 2023 11:09 pm

Rate This wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2023 9:04 pm
MWmetalhead wrote:
There’s not a whole hell of a lot Schumer can do… one Senator has a right to hold up the works.
Schumer is the goddamn majority leader, not just "one senator.'
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Sep 06, 2023 9:58 pm

Matt wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2023 11:09 pm
Rate This wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2023 9:04 pm
MWmetalhead wrote:
Schumer is the goddamn majority leader, not just "one senator.'
Tuberville is one senator and he can filibuster until the end of time.

Taco

Post by Taco » Thu Sep 07, 2023 2:18 pm

Tubberville is putting his values above those of our military and their families and the American people. There was a pretty good interview this am on Morning Joe with Sen. Warren on this very subject.
Woe to you, oh earth and sea
For the Devil sends the beast with wrath
Because he knows the time is short
Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast
For it is a human number
Its number is six hundred and sixty-six

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Tue Sep 12, 2023 9:24 pm

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic