Acceptable registrations in the queue through June 3 at 5:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Moronic New Jersey (???) resident writes letter to WSJ

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Matt

Moronic New Jersey (???) resident writes letter to WSJ

Post by Matt » Thu Aug 31, 2023 10:06 am

Even after being proven spectacularly and totally wrong in all their past predictions regarding my historically successful trade policies, the die-hard globalists at the editorial board still have not learned their lesson.

The Journal’s Aug. 24 editorial “Trump Courts a Global Trade War” repeats debunked talking points from corporate-funded studies about our tariffs’ alleged impact on American consumers. Price increases for consumers were virtually nonexistent and there was effectively no inflation when I was president. The trade deficit with China was down year-over-year for five straight quarters before Covid hit in 2020.

Under Joe Biden, our trade deficits, also known as losses, have hit record highs. Since 2000 the U.S. has racked up $17 trillion in cumulative trade deficits with the world. Only a fool or a fanatic would dismiss these facts as irrelevant.

These gigantic sums of exported wealth are being used to build up our enemies’ military strength and transfer permanent ownership of American companies, intellectual property, real estate, and other assets to foreign nations. Foreigners now own $16.75 trillion more of our economy than we own of theirs. Our country is being plundered.

The best way to stop this hemorrhaging of America’s lifeblood is a simple but powerful tariff on most foreign products, like the kind that was the primary source of government revenue through most of American history, and which built this country into the manufacturing powerhouse of the world.

As I demonstrated repeatedly, the tariff is also an important tool of U.S. national security and diplomacy. I am proud to be the only candidate for president who believes in true economic nationalism.

Donald J. Trump

Bedminster, N.J.
Is this A) a legal strategy, or B) a political strategy to NOT be listed as a resident of a state governed by his highest polling opponent?

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Rate This

Re: Moronic New Jersey (???) resident writes letter to WSJ

Post by Rate This » Thu Aug 31, 2023 6:44 pm

Matt wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2023 10:06 am
Even after being proven spectacularly and totally wrong in all their past predictions regarding my historically successful trade policies, the die-hard globalists at the editorial board still have not learned their lesson.

The Journal’s Aug. 24 editorial “Trump Courts a Global Trade War” repeats debunked talking points from corporate-funded studies about our tariffs’ alleged impact on American consumers. Price increases for consumers were virtually nonexistent and there was effectively no inflation when I was president. The trade deficit with China was down year-over-year for five straight quarters before Covid hit in 2020.

Under Joe Biden, our trade deficits, also known as losses, have hit record highs. Since 2000 the U.S. has racked up $17 trillion in cumulative trade deficits with the world. Only a fool or a fanatic would dismiss these facts as irrelevant.

These gigantic sums of exported wealth are being used to build up our enemies’ military strength and transfer permanent ownership of American companies, intellectual property, real estate, and other assets to foreign nations. Foreigners now own $16.75 trillion more of our economy than we own of theirs. Our country is being plundered.

The best way to stop this hemorrhaging of America’s lifeblood is a simple but powerful tariff on most foreign products, like the kind that was the primary source of government revenue through most of American history, and which built this country into the manufacturing powerhouse of the world.

As I demonstrated repeatedly, the tariff is also an important tool of U.S. national security and diplomacy. I am proud to be the only candidate for president who believes in true economic nationalism.

Donald J. Trump

Bedminster, N.J.
Is this A) a legal strategy, or B) a political strategy to NOT be listed as a resident of a state governed by his highest polling opponent?
Is that a letter to the editor?

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Aug 31, 2023 6:49 pm

Rate This wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2023 6:44 pm
Matt wrote:

Donald J. Trump

Bedminster, N.J.
Yes.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Aug 31, 2023 6:51 pm

Matt wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2023 6:49 pm
Rate This wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2023 6:44 pm
Matt wrote:

Donald J. Trump

Bedminster, N.J.
Yes.
How sad is it when he’s writing letters to the editor as if he’s just some guy…

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic