Acceptable registrations in the queue through June 3 at 5:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Biden KO's Ole Yeller?

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
audiophile

Biden KO's Ole Yeller?

Post by audiophile » Tue Aug 01, 2023 11:29 am

He certainly didn't help the situation.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/opinion/ ... r-AA1eC5bu

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Rate This

Re: Biden KO's Ole Yeller?

Post by Rate This » Tue Aug 01, 2023 11:40 am

audiophile wrote:
Tue Aug 01, 2023 11:29 am
Yellows failure was the result of decades of mismanagement, terrible mergers and a union that wouldn’t budge. This was a long coming end for them. Their next 7 competitors are not in the same danger so it’s not the market environment as a whole. Nice try. Besides… they were bailed out during the TRUMP administration so they couldn’t even handle Covid…

zzand

Post by zzand » Tue Aug 01, 2023 11:53 am

Sorry but Biden has nothing to do with this one. The Trump team should have put conditions on the bailout and had conversations with the Teamsters. Now they shoulder some of the blame for this. Some lucky company will pick over the assets and get them dirt cheap.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Tue Aug 01, 2023 12:09 pm

zzand wrote:
Tue Aug 01, 2023 11:53 am
Sorry but Biden has nothing to do with this one. The Trump team should have put conditions on the bailout and had conversations with the Teamsters. Now they shoulder some of the blame for this. Some lucky company will pick over the assets and get them dirt cheap.
Of course audiophile will never believe that. He quotes from Fucker Carlsons Daily Caller because it is fact his narrow mind.
The censorship king from out of state.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Tue Aug 01, 2023 12:26 pm

The truckers are getting totally jacked by these companies. They were extremely profitable during 2020 due to the fact that Americans spent like crazy on goods. The trucking companies banked on large margins. Now that the margins are smaller, they don’t want to make the proper changes to their business model. Self induced.
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Aug 01, 2023 12:31 pm

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Tue Aug 01, 2023 12:26 pm
The truckers are getting totally jacked by these companies. They were extremely profitable during 2020 due to the fact that Americans spent like crazy on goods. The trucking companies banked on large margins. Now that the margins are smaller, they don’t want to make the proper changes to their business model. Self induced.
Yellow did not share in that good fortune which is why it needed a bailout when freight volumes were high.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Tue Aug 01, 2023 12:50 pm

Capitalism. How's that workin out for-ya?
I don't mean to brag, but I just put a puzzle together in 1 day and the box said 2-4 years.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Tue Aug 01, 2023 2:39 pm

Diesel was almost $5 a gallon for much of 2022, that killed a lot of truckers. https://ycharts.com/indicators/us_retail_diesel_price

Biden's policies and the war in Ukraine is partly to blame.

Biden did nothing in months leading up invasion of Ukraine. Biden's weakness as a leader on the world stage essentially allowed Russia to invade. Then when the war started, he sanctioned Russia, driving up prices further.

Biden has not had good relations with Saudi Arabia which defacto sets the per-barrel-rate and could have helped ease the loss of Russia's production. (Again, Biden's weakness as a leader on the world stage).

Biden's federal permitting has been a flippant mess, which has reduced our oil future supply.
Last edited by audiophile on Tue Aug 01, 2023 2:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Tue Aug 01, 2023 2:44 pm

audiophile wrote:
Tue Aug 01, 2023 2:39 pm
Biden has not had good relations with Saudi Arabia
Good.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Aug 01, 2023 2:55 pm

audiophile wrote:
Diesel was almost $5 a gallon for much of 2022, that killed a lot of truckers. https://ycharts.com/indicators/us_retail_diesel_price

Biden did nothing in months leading up invasion of Ukraine. Biden's weakness as a leader on the world stage essentially allowed Russia to invade. Then when the war started, he sanctioned Russia, driving up prices further.

Biden has not had good relations with Saudi Arabia which defacto sets the per-barrel-rate and could have helped ease the loss of Russia's production. (Again, Biden's weakness as a leader on the world stage).

Biden's federal permitting has been a flippant mess, which has reduced our oil future supply.
But Yellow was dying long before this and their competitors were not and still aren’t… all this extra stuff you are throwing out is irrelevant to Yellows situation.

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Tue Aug 01, 2023 3:03 pm

Rate This wrote:
Tue Aug 01, 2023 2:55 pm
audiophile wrote:

But Yellow was dying long before this and their competitors were not and still aren’t… all this extra stuff you are throwing out is irrelevant to Yellows situation.
This is actually pretty true. I used to work at CTII and my wife worked there for like 15 yrs. They're doing just fine. Of course, they also own the bridge.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Tue Aug 01, 2023 3:26 pm

Rate This wrote:
I guess you didn't read article (from OP):
A detailed postmortem will show management mistakes and union stubbornness both going back decades, but recent public policy mistakes effectively doomed Yellow. Here are the three ways Bidenomics pushed Yellow off the financial cliff.

HD74

Post by HD74 » Tue Aug 01, 2023 4:05 pm

Audio, time to crawl out of the bunker and get some fresh air.
Yellow was an LTL hauler, combining pallets from different shippers into one trailer, then sorting them and repacking at their terminals along the way. They have historically been terribly mismanaged. The evil union had given them a lot of concessions just to keep them in business. 2020 was not a good year for LTL, the industry is still recovering, Yellow was on the bottom rung of that ladder. They were given a bailout from the government PRIOR to Biden taking over, guess who was in charge then? I've got quite a few friends out of work over this, none of them are portraying things the way you are. None.
You're never too old to learn something stupid.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Aug 01, 2023 4:25 pm

audiophile wrote:
Tue Aug 01, 2023 11:29 am
I can build a conspiracy about how you take money from poor shut in's. It would be my plausible opinion, but not likely.
“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Tue Aug 01, 2023 9:11 pm

audiophile wrote:
Tue Aug 01, 2023 3:26 pm
Rate This wrote:
I guess you didn't read article (from OP):
A detailed postmortem will show management mistakes and union stubbornness both going back decades, but recent public policy mistakes effectively doomed Yellow. Here are the three ways Bidenomics pushed Yellow off the financial cliff.
Why would he read the article. Its from a conservobot shill working for the heritage foundation

https://www.heritage.org/staff/ej-antoni

Of course hes going to spin it this way. I mean, Jesus Christ, this loser got his Ph.D. from Northern Illinois University. They're the 163rd best economics program in the U.S., so I guess they have that going for them, I guess.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic