Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 12 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

FIRED President Trump is once again a coward

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Matt

FIRED President Trump is once again a coward

Post by Matt » Fri Aug 18, 2023 12:56 pm

FIRED President Trump is too much of a coward to get on stage with his opponents for the first debate. Instead, he will do a friendly infomercial with Tucker Carlson. This is per an NYT breaking news alert.

Excuses for this cowardly behavior in 3... 2... 1...

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

craig11152

Re: FIRED President Trump is once again a coward

Post by craig11152 » Fri Aug 18, 2023 1:31 pm

I won't defend Trump, I hate the guy.
But I don't ever believe the NYT until I see an independent confirmation from another news source.
I no longer directly engage trolls

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Fri Aug 18, 2023 2:14 pm

craig11152 wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2023 1:31 pm
I won't defend Trump, I hate the guy.
But I don't ever believe the NYT until I see an independent confirmation from another news source.
https://www.miamiherald.com/news/politi ... 76399.html
https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-m ... iew-2023-8
https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/p ... 234808939/
https://www.forbes.com/sites/siladityar ... 1afce619cb

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri Aug 18, 2023 2:24 pm

Reagan (as the front-runner) skipped the first primary debate in 1980. Was he a coward?

teetoppz28

Post by teetoppz28 » Fri Aug 18, 2023 2:36 pm

bmw wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2023 2:24 pm
Reagan (as the front-runner) skipped the first primary debate in 1980. Was he a coward?
No, Reagan listened to bad advice from his campaign manager. But at least he was smart enough to attend debates after his lowly performance in Iowa.

And Reagan didn't plan a competing rally/soapbox/bullshit-throwing event with another piece of shit on the same date.
Dropping knowledge on forum MAGAts.
Unapologetically intellectually superior.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Fri Aug 18, 2023 2:46 pm

I don't blame the fascist for skipping the debate, actually. Nothing to gain from it from his perspective. He wasn't ever gonna sign that ridiculous pledge either...wasn't that a requirement?

But he is a coward for many reasons. He's perfect to lead the party of cowards on the ballot in 2024.
The censorship king from out of state.

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri Aug 18, 2023 2:46 pm

Just my 2 cents - I think Trump should attend the debate. Politically I think that is the right call.

That said, debates are optional, and being a "coward" is certainly not the reason Trump is not attending. He attended every single debate in 2016. He has made the political calculation that he is better off not attending. At the end of the day it isn't going to matter because he will, in fact, be the nominee.

It is possible that his lawyers have advised him not to participate.

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Fri Aug 18, 2023 3:02 pm

I am not sure if this makes him a coward or not, but I do consider him a coward.

Honestly, debates are useless. Watching two politicians argue over their policies won't change my mind about those policies. I am aware that not every person who has good ideas is good at communicating them or even arguing them in real time.

Trump doesn't have any ideas, though. He just gets off on the attention and the power that comes from the position. He's good at manipulating people's emotions and can bully people really well. A debate is a good place for him to do this. However, doing an interview with a guy who will fellate him might be the ultimate troll. If more people have their eyes on him than the other candidates, then he will flex big time on them. He will basically say "they don't matter, no one cares" and people will just assume him as running for the repubs. Morons who are impressed by that sort of thing will be falling over their own two feet trying to get in the ballot box to vote for him.

HD74

Post by HD74 » Fri Aug 18, 2023 3:13 pm

"He attended every single debate in 2016. He has made the political calculation that he is better off not attending."

I seem to remember him behaving like a child during those debates, although my memory isn't tarnished by extremism.
You're never too old to learn something stupid.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Aug 18, 2023 4:06 pm

bmw wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2023 2:46 pm
Just my 2 cents - I think Trump should attend the debate. Politically I think that is the right call.

That said, debates are optional, and being a "coward" is certainly not the reason Trump is not attending. He attended every single debate in 2016. He has made the political calculation that he is better off not attending. At the end of the day it isn't going to matter because he will, in fact, be the nominee.

It is possible that his lawyers have advised him not to participate.
And then he will in fact lose to any of over 8 billion people on earth. With that will go a great many things... maybe a good blowout is what the Republicans need to rid themselves of him. But in reality he will announce his 2028 campaign the next day and you and the rest will be on board. He will announce 2032 from his deathbed and you'll vote for him in his honor even if he's permanently indisposed. His hold on the GOP is, in fact, permanent.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Fri Aug 18, 2023 4:34 pm

He, and he alone, is the reason the Democrats control the Senate. Despite the myriad of legal problems, all of his own making, he will be the nominee of the testicle-less party. God willing, he will lose again. There is no doubt he will call those results into question. The same idiots will believe him again. Rinse, lather, repeat.
The censorship king from out of state.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Aug 18, 2023 4:45 pm

bmw wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2023 2:24 pm
No, but he was also an asshole.
“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri Aug 18, 2023 6:17 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2023 4:34 pm
He, and he alone, is the reason the Democrats control the Senate.
THIS I agree with, and it drives me crazy how few Republican voters realize this fact.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Aug 18, 2023 6:40 pm

bmw wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2023 6:17 pm
Honeyman wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2023 4:34 pm
He, and he alone, is the reason the Democrats control the Senate.
THIS I agree with, and it drives me crazy how few Republican voters realize this fact.
It wasn't the Republicans who gave us the Senate, it was the larger numbers of Democrats who turned out to vote. I hope it is because the country is finally able to easily vote, but chances are that the pain of dealing with Trump for 4 more years was worse than voting.

I don't think Biden won because he was an outstanding candidate. I think that Trump was and continues to be a deplorable embarrassment to many non-voters. People are lazy, and in my perspective, (plus research) having Trump as President is worse than the inconvenience of voting. Let's hope his latest circus will be enough to get non-voters out again in 2024.

The thing is, Biden hasn't done anything to piss most people off. The only complaints I have seen are from Conservative puppets echoing AM talk shows. Most people don't pay attention unless it gets really bad. Trump is using this to get his cache of idiots, but more people don't want him back.

Look at the polls, no one has a majority. The swing voter rules.
“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Fri Aug 18, 2023 7:02 pm

https://youtu.be/E7pfsneLSSM

Plus les choses changent plus elles restent les mêmes.
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic