Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 12 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

CBS POLL: Trump voters trust him more than family, friends, religious leaders

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Honeyman

CBS POLL: Trump voters trust him more than family, friends, religious leaders

Post by Honeyman » Mon Aug 21, 2023 11:01 am

Last edited by Honeyman on Mon Aug 21, 2023 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

The censorship king from out of state.

teetoppz28

Re: Trump voters trust him more than family, friends, religious leaders

Post by teetoppz28 » Mon Aug 21, 2023 11:02 am

Honeyman wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2023 11:01 am
It's a cult, pure and simple.

https://www.axios.com/2023/08/21/trump- ... oters-poll
Their red hats are on too tight.
Dropping knowledge on forum MAGAts.
Unapologetically intellectually superior.

Matt

Re: CBS POLL: Trump voters trust him more than family, friends, religious leaders

Post by Matt » Mon Aug 21, 2023 1:01 pm

Honeyman wrote:

I'd argue that Trump is a religious leader to that band of idiots.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

bmw

Re: CBS POLL: Trump voters trust him more than family, friends, religious leaders

Post by bmw » Mon Aug 21, 2023 1:04 pm

Talk about cherry-picking data to reach a ridiculous conclusion :roll:

That 63% number who trust friends and family falls to 48% for moderate Republicans. How do you explain that?

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Aug 21, 2023 1:20 pm

bmw wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2023 1:04 pm

That 63% number who trust friends and family falls to 48% for moderate Republicans. How do you explain that?
Where do you stand?
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

teetoppz28

Post by teetoppz28 » Mon Aug 21, 2023 2:44 pm

Matt wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2023 1:20 pm
bmw wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2023 1:04 pm

Where do you stand?
bmw still worships the man who lied or made misleading claims 30573 times during his presidency... But don't you worry, tRump is the source of truth and his honesty is unparalleled!! :rollin

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Mon Aug 21, 2023 3:11 pm

Honeyman wrote:

This is to be expected. It seems that many, if not most, Trump voters look to him like he is their daddy or some sort of implacable cultural leader. Trump should buy land and encourage his followers to move there with him and they can build a new society.

What was interesting is how many more of these idiots trust him over religious leaders.

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon Aug 21, 2023 3:47 pm

If none of you understand how flawed it is to look at numbers like that in a vacuum, then you're all idiots. For those numbers to have any meaning at all, you have to compare them to the views of people other than Trump supporters. For instance, it would be interesting to see the same question asked of Democrat voters and their opinions on who they trust and don't trust.

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Mon Aug 21, 2023 4:13 pm

It’s descriptive of trump voters but I agree to draw any inferences you’d need to collect more data and do like some form of comparison test like an ANOVA or t-test.

That said, if there was no significant difference between trump and, say, Biden voters, the implication, at least from where I stand, would be that both are nuts. But as it stands, the evidence suggests trump voters are nuts. And there is an abundance of evidence to support that.

teetoppz28

Post by teetoppz28 » Mon Aug 21, 2023 4:30 pm

Neckbeard wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2023 4:13 pm
It’s descriptive of trump voters but I agree to draw any inferences you’d need to collect more data and do like some form of comparison test like an ANOVA or t-test.

That said, if there was no significant difference between trump and, say, Biden voters, the implication, at least from where I stand, would be that both are nuts. But as it stands, the evidence suggests trump voters are nuts. And there is an abundance of evidence to support that.
Just on THIS forum alone! :lol

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Aug 21, 2023 5:38 pm

Honeyman and Matt are correct. My family knows people in West Michigan who view Trump on almost the same level as Jesus Christ. They gladly admit as much.

They also know a few folks who used to be big Trumpies who no longer like the man and will be voting for someone else in the primary.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Mon Aug 21, 2023 6:36 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2023 5:38 pm
Honeyman and Matt are correct. My family knows people in West Michigan who view Trump on almost the same level as Jesus Christ. They gladly admit as much.
How did that happen? I get the whole hate-the-left thing, I can see why people would never vote Biden, I understand those who deplore abortion, etc. But why would these people devoutly follow this crooked, narcissistic, failed TV reality show host who obviously doesn't give one shit about the problems or issues of the common man and could care less about the US Constitution or its laws?
The censorship king from out of state.

teetoppz28

Post by teetoppz28 » Mon Aug 21, 2023 7:14 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2023 6:36 pm
MWmetalhead wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2023 5:38 pm
How did that happen? I get the whole hate-the-left thing, I can see why people would never vote Biden, I understand those who deplore abortion, etc. But why would these people devoutly follow this crooked, narcissistic, failed TV reality show host who obviously doesn't give one shit about the problems or issues of the common man and could care less about the US Constitution or its laws?
“tRump is the only one that can SaVe AmErIcA!!” — bmw, Bryce, audio, craig#####, and any other forum MAGAt

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Mon Aug 21, 2023 7:28 pm

Because he tells people who see the blockades in their lives that it isn't their fault and that he's gonna make them number one again. See, there was a time when Blacks, women, gays, foreigners, minorities and everyone else knew their place. But over the last 30-40 years, there has not only been notice but care about other people, they feel THEY are no longer number one.

It goes back to the insecurity thing. You find the drunk, insecure girl that SWORE off all men, whisper the right things in her ear, you're getting some tonight. Donald Trump sought that market and he found it in spades.

I haven't spoken to my mother in almost three years. She made some shitty comments in front of my wife and stepkids and chooses Trump over her family. She made choices in life. Went back to school three times and quit. Never made any attempts to move up in the company she's been with since 1986. But, to hear her tell it, her life is the way it is because "Tyrone" and "LaQuisha" with their new iPhones and nails and hairdos are buying a steak on their EBT card. Or because "Abdul" buys the 2 liters of Pepsi on sale and turns around and marks them up at his own store. I have heard these stories and insults since I was knee high to a grasshopper.

But Trump will change all that. Her, and people like her, will come FIRST. Everyone ELSE made choices and has to pay for them forever. But her? Welllllll.....things happened and....ya know.....when do *I* catch MY break?

This post 9/11 "More patriotic than thou" shit has been stale for a long, long time. I love America. I love what it COULD be. A country that works for everyone. Not just for Jeff, Janet and Kevin. In seven short years, I went from being a fucking hopeless junkie to a married man, raising kids in a house in Brighton making pretty damn good coin. But you know what? I got help. None of this boomer "bootstrap" meme bullshit. You can stow away that "Nobody made me but ME!" garbage elsewhere.

And it just goes to further my point about this country stomping to the right. There is no compromise, no center anymore. My politics are decency, humanity, care and help. Whatever candidate(s) that may be will get my vote. And that candidate is NOT Donald Trump. But if him hurting other people gets your jimmies off, have at it. I try not to be one to say I told you so, but...
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

teetoppz28

Post by teetoppz28 » Mon Aug 21, 2023 7:33 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2023 7:28 pm
Because he tells people who see the blockades in their lives that it isn't their fault and that he's gonna make them number one again. See, there was a time when Blacks, women, gays, foreigners, minorities and everyone else knew their place. But over the last 30-40 years, there has not only been notice but care about other people, they feel THEY are no longer number one.

It goes back to the insecurity thing. You find the drunk, insecure girl that SWORE off all men, whisper the right things in her ear, you're getting some tonight. Donald Trump sought that market and he found it in spades.

I haven't spoken to my mother in almost three years. She made some shitty comments in front of my wife and stepkids and chooses Trump over her family. She made choices in life. Went back to school three times and quit. Never made any attempts to move up in the company she's been with since 1986. But, to hear her tell it, her life is the way it is because "Tyrone" and "LaQuisha" with their new iPhones and nails and hairdos are buying a steak on their EBT card. Or because "Abdul" buys the 2 liters of Pepsi on sale and turns around and marks them up at his own store. I have heard these stories and insults since I was knee high to a grasshopper.

But Trump will change all that. Her, and people like her, will come FIRST. Everyone ELSE made choices and has to pay for them forever. But her? Welllllll.....things happened and....ya know.....when do *I* catch MY break?

This post 9/11 "More patriotic than thou" shit has been stale for a long, long time. I love America. I love what it COULD be. A country that works for everyone. Not just for Jeff, Janet and Kevin. In seven short years, I went from being a fucking hopeless junkie to a married man, raising kids in a house in Brighton making pretty damn good coin. But you know what? I got help. None of this boomer "bootstrap" meme bullshit. You can stow away that "Nobody made me but ME!" garbage elsewhere.

And it just goes to further my point about this country stomping to the right. There is no compromise, no center anymore. My politics are decency, humanity, care and help. Whatever candidate(s) that may be will get my vote. And that candidate is NOT Donald Trump. But if him hurting other people gets your jimmies off, have at it. I try not to be one to say I told you so, but...
Amen, brother!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic