Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Treasonous Trump indicted

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Rate This

Re: Treasonous Trump indicted

Post by Rate This » Fri Jun 09, 2023 12:37 am

bmw wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2023 12:33 am
Rate This wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2023 12:19 am
So our nuclear secrets falling into the wrong hands
Did Trump improperly handle nuclear secrets?
Rate This wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2023 12:19 am
could never do as much damage as Hillary and 5 communiques about conservations with the leaders of some minor Island nations? Your Comey quote only says that said actors knew it existed… it doesn’t say anything about classified material being stored there…
Actually, 7 communications, and they were TOP SECRET. You know, the absolute highest level of classification.
...there is evidence that [Secretary Clinton and her colleagues] were extremely careless in their handling of very sensitive, highly classified information. For example, seven e-mail chains concern matters that were classified at the Top Secret/Special Access Program level when they were sent and received. These chains involved Secretary Clinton both sending e-mails about those matters and receiving e-mails from others about the same matters. There is evidence to support a conclusion that any reasonable person in Secretary Clinton’s position, or in the position of those government employees with whom she was corresponding about these matters, should have known that an unclassified system was no place for that conversation
And as to your claim "that’s because the files on said server were looked at… and… they didn’t find anything to go on." - uhhhh....that's because Hillary deleted them. AT LEAST several thousand of them, according to Comey. We don't really know how many, it is just that those several thousand were the ones they found traces of in other people's email accounts.
You literally will never let this go. You will be saying “But her emails!” When she’s been dead for 30 years. If the GOP leaders in congress couldn’t get anywhere with it despite every incentive and advantage if they could just find something explosive… there was no there… well… there.

Trump is his own worst enemy and a lot of the legal stuff he is in could have been avoided if he were smart… hell if he were normal. He is neither and here we are. He has his second (but not close to final) indictment in as many months and you are screaming “but her emails!!!” Desperately into the night. Fantastic.

I hear they have a sale on MAGA brand gasoline at the Trump store. You in? Because I don’t think I could come up with a single ridiculous scenario that would cause you to not support Trump. Not a single one. Not him lighting you on fire or throwing the person you love the most through a wood chipper. Literally NOTHING can break your support of the man.

Shooting someone on fifth Avenue as an analogy is for squares by the way. We are way beyond that sort of child’s play at this point.
Last edited by Rate This on Fri Jun 09, 2023 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri Jun 09, 2023 12:44 am

I do agree about the ant vs. elephant comparison - we just disagree on which case is the ant and which one is the elephant. Because the things Trump did with these documents on his property (of which I must point out that as of now, your claims about Trump's intent don't yet rise above mere speculation) pales in comparison to using an insecure communication system while in enemy territory. I know some people on this board think of Florida as being enemy territory, but that's another story...

And please stop with the "GOP couldn't get anywhere" with the email investigation. I have always limited my arguments about what Hillary did to quoting directly from the FBI director's findings.

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri Jun 09, 2023 12:48 am

Rate This wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2023 12:37 am
I hear they have a sale on MAGA brand gasoline at the Trump store. You in? Because I don’t think I could come up with a single ridiculous scenario that would cause you to not support Trump. Not a single one. Not him lighting you on fire or throwing the person you love the most through a wood chipper. Literally NOTHING can break your support of the man.
Let me ask you this - why do you think that if you were to take a poll literally tomorrow that Trump would still have an approval rating right around 40%? Meaning, that more than 100 million Americans would say they support him. Why do you think that is? Serious question.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Jun 09, 2023 12:50 am

bmw wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2023 12:44 am
I do agree about the ant vs. elephant comparison - we just disagree on which case is the ant and which one is the elephant. Because the things Trump did with these documents on his property (of which I must point out that as of now, your claims about Trump's intent don't yet rise above mere speculation) pales in comparison to using an insecure communication system while in enemy territory. I know some people on this board think of Florida as being enemy territory, but that's another story...

And please stop with the "GOP couldn't get anywhere" with the email investigation. I have always limited my arguments about what Hillary did to quoting directly from the FBI director's findings.
But the problem with that is that we were told “WHAT A BIG DEAL THIS IS!!!” Repeatedly… coming up empty handed over and over again speaks volumes about the content of the accusations. Was it a bad idea for her to do that? Yes. Was it criminal? It would appear not given how throughly looked at it is.

Trump has much bigger problems here mostly related to things of his own doing. But it’s pretty slam dunk… he had documents at Mar-A-Lago he was not entitled to have, he obstructed every step of the way in returning them and he is on tapes that Jack Smith now has bragging about it. I mean… he’s a bumbling fool… and that’s not political. I would say that about anyone who is so mind blowingly careless and stupid about it. I don’t care what party. Automatically a moron.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Jun 09, 2023 12:56 am

bmw wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2023 12:48 am
Rate This wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2023 12:37 am
Let me ask you this - why do you think that if you were to take a poll literally tomorrow that Trump would still have an approval rating right around 40%? Meaning, that more than 100 million Americans would say they support him. Why do you think that is? Serious question.
For my money he has a cult-leader like ability to convince his followers that nothing is ever his fault even if it’s plainly obvious for anyone to drop ranks and look objectively at. The feds also have a 95% conviction rate.. they don’t move until they think they’ve got the goods and can win. The case is said to be so airtight that parts of it are absolutely devastating to him. He has somehow managed to convince that 40% that he is one of them… which is non-sense. His followers also somehow believe he is honest… which is again a total mystery. The things he says can be objectively proven false in a matter of seconds and he does it intentionally.

He also has a media apparatus that is unrivaled on planet Earth for its ability to convince people that only it has the answers and everyone else’s opinions or news product is rigged against them. It’s the very definition of a well oiled and coordinated machine. Right-Wing media don’t use literally the exact same wording by accident you know…

Keep in mind too that if 40% are following him off a cliff the other 60% are ready to get out and push.

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri Jun 09, 2023 1:09 am

40% of a country's population isn't a "cult." A cult, by definition, is a usually small group of people. Any time you hear of a "cult following" that is usually a small minority of people who really really like something that most other people don't even know exists.

So I would suggest to you there is more to it than simply Trump's ability to convince his followers of things.

And just so we're clear here, I'm not arguing that everything Trump did with those classified documents is all hunky dory. And of all the evidence I've seen, the most damaging piece is the tape where he admits he knew that at least one of the documents he had was classified. He may well be in legal trouble. But for me it has become a real-life version of the Boy who Cried Wolf. People have been screaming wolf ever since Trump walked down the escalator, every time of which has led to basically a nothing-burger, and as such, if there finally is an example of a wolf, I just don't care any more.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Jun 09, 2023 1:21 am

bmw wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2023 1:09 am
40% of a country's population isn't a "cult." A cult, by definition, is a usually small group of people. Any time you hear of a "cult following" that is usually a small minority of people who really really like something that most other people don't even know exists.

So I would suggest to you there is more to it than simply Trump's ability to convince his followers of things.

And just so we're clear here, I'm not arguing that everything Trump did with those classified documents is all hunky dory. And of all the evidence I've seen, the most damaging piece is the tape where he admits he knew that at least one of the documents he had was classified. He may well be in legal trouble. But for me it has become a real-life version of the Boy who Cried Wolf. People have been screaming wolf ever since Trump walked down the escalator, every time of which has led to basically a nothing-burger, and as such, if there finally is an example of a wolf, I just don't care any more.
40% is and always has been his base. He can’t win with just that and they are unshakable… No matter what happens that 40% will be there. It’s a cult-like following… his supporters make it abundantly clear they support him in ways you don’t see with other figures. Take the guy posing with the golden Trump statue for example… name me another politician who has people making statues of him and being a groupie and painting their barns with his name and on it goes.. then I’m told that because Biden folks don’t have his name everywhere that must mean he’s not popular or liked or loved or some other adjective…

More detail on that legal trouble… 18 USC 793 (D)… not returning defense documents when ordered to do so. They don’t have to be classified documents to meet the threshold here. It’s basically sure you were allowed to have them but if we ask for them back you MUST provide them. He clearly screwed around on the returning thing. That’s 100% self inflicted and it also neuters his defense about declassification. The penalty is 10 years in prison.

If this were say… Hillary… and the 1000th cry of wolf yielded something… would you care?

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Jun 09, 2023 6:24 am

bmw wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2023 12:14 am
Rate This wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2023 11:30 pm
Each case is different. Trump was BY FAR the most egregious of them. They even went as far as reportedly draining one of the pools at Mar-A-Lago and using the water to flood the room where the security camera equipment is housed in an effort to "accidentally" cause the tape to be lost. They rearranged boxes of classified material in an effort to hide it. I mean... Pence and Biden have nothing on that... and we settled Hillary already so just drop that one... please. Or keep it up for 10 more years and you can ask that her corpse be brought to justice.
I bring up Hillary only because she set the standard of what was acceptable behavior. You will never, EVER, convince me that anything Trump did with classified documents has done as much damage to our country as Hillary's handling of such documents. From Mr. Comey himself:
We do assess that hostile actors gained access to the private commercial e-mail accounts of people with whom Secretary Clinton was in regular contact from her personal account. We also assess that Secretary Clinton’s use of a personal e-mail domain was both known by a large number of people and readily apparent. She also used her personal e-mail extensively while outside the United States, including sending and receiving work-related e-mails in the territory of sophisticated adversaries. Given that combination of factors, we assess it is possible that hostile actors gained access to Secretary Clinton’s personal e-mail account.
Trump is on tape admitting he took documents illegally. That kind of resolves the issue. Say what you want, but he knew he committed a crime.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Jun 09, 2023 6:37 am

Trump was a TERRIBLE president and an even worse person. Hillary is an awful person as well. The greatest service Trump ever provided was blocking Hillary from the presidency. The greatest service both could do is light themselves on fire and jump off a cliff. I can't imagine defending either of those losers.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Fri Jun 09, 2023 7:58 am

bmw wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2023 9:00 pm
Matt wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2023 8:33 pm
bmw wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2023 8:20 pm
-yawn-
Still flying that maga flag proudly?
I know most people in this post are getting off over this news (mostly the same people who get off when somebody they don't like dies, like Pat Robertson), but for me this has nothing to do with supporting or not supporting Trump. What I vehemently oppose is prosecuting people for political reasons (because I don't believe for one second that Trump would be being prosecuted for anything had he either lost in 2016, had a (D) next to his name, or wasn't running again in 2024). That's the stuff that goes on third-world countries. The US is supposed to be better than that. We are a deeply divided nation, and this only adds more fuel to that divide.

So hey, if you want to celebrate us being one step closer to civil war, more power to you.
This. We are so divided. I think the next candidate should agree to pardon Trump and many of the Jan 6th folks, as a way to close that chapter. President Ford did the right thing by pardoning Nixon.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Jun 09, 2023 8:23 am

audiophile wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2023 7:58 am
bmw wrote:
Matt wrote:
bmw wrote:
-yawn-
I know most people in this post are getting off over this news (mostly the same people who get off when somebody they don't like dies, like Pat Robertson), but for me this has nothing to do with supporting or not supporting Trump. What I vehemently oppose is prosecuting people for political reasons (because I don't believe for one second that Trump would be being prosecuted for anything had he either lost in 2016, had a (D) next to his name, or wasn't running again in 2024). That's the stuff that goes on third-world countries. The US is supposed to be better than that. We are a deeply divided nation, and this only adds more fuel to that divide.

So hey, if you want to celebrate us being one step closer to civil war, more power to you.
This. We are so divided. I think the next candidate should agree to pardon Trump and many of the Jan 6th folks, as a way to close that chapter. President Ford did the right thing by pardoning Nixon.
:lol :lol :lol

Nixon had the sense to resign, as Trump should have on 1/6. Also, you act as though 1/6 was Trump's only transgression. Comparatively, 1/6 was the equivalent of getting pulled over for going 1-6 mph over the speed limit in Trump's list of misdeeds and crimes.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Jun 09, 2023 8:24 am

audiophile wrote:
bmw wrote:
Matt wrote:
bmw wrote:
-yawn-

I think we should split into two countries of like minded people and figure out who has the better ideas by seeing how well each does.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Fri Jun 09, 2023 8:26 am

Trump probably should have resigned 2 years into his term. Pence would have been easily re-elected.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Fri Jun 09, 2023 8:27 am

Rate This wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2023 8:24 am
audiophile wrote:
bmw wrote:
Matt wrote:
bmw wrote:
-yawn-

I think we should split into two countries of like minded people and figure out who has the better ideas by seeing how well each does.
Been watching Hunger Games? LOL

kager

Post by kager » Fri Jun 09, 2023 8:42 am

Rate This wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2023 8:24 am
Lincoln ended something like that long ago.

The Great Divider has created (or heavily promoted) a country-wide environment that apparently seeks to undo that.

"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic