Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Treasonous Trump indicted

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Colonel Flagg

Re: Treasonous Trump indicted

Post by Colonel Flagg » Thu Jun 08, 2023 9:57 pm

Matt wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2023 8:33 pm
bmw wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2023 8:20 pm
-yawn-
Still flying that maga flag proudly?
Still got the "Jeb" bumper sticker on your '98 Honda Civic?

"Pretty soon, every kid in America will wish he were me"

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Jun 08, 2023 10:44 pm

For those keeping score at home...
Former president Donald Trump is facing a total of 19 legal actions – about half of which allege improper conduct during his presidency.

Most of the cases fall under three themes: financial wrongdoings that made him more money; his role in the January 6 2021 insurrection; and his alleged interference in the 2020 election. Trump has denied wrongdoing in most of these cases. He has filed motions to dismiss several of them and has filed countersuits in some cases.

Here are all the legal cases as of 1 February 2022:
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/ng- ... egal-cases

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Jun 08, 2023 11:08 pm

bmw wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2023 9:00 pm
Matt wrote:
bmw wrote:
-yawn-
I know most people in this post are getting off over this news (mostly the same people who get off when somebody they don't like dies, like Pat Robertson), but for me this has nothing to do with supporting or not supporting Trump. What I vehemently oppose is prosecuting people for political reasons (because I don't believe for one second that Trump would be being prosecuted for anything had he either lost in 2016, had a (D) next to his name, or wasn't running again in 2024). That's the stuff that goes on third-world countries. The US is supposed to be better than that. We are a deeply divided nation, and this only adds more fuel to that divide.

So hey, if you want to celebrate us being one step closer to civil war, more power to you.

(and I say -yawn because that's exactly what every attempt to take him down ultimately ends up being. Until he's behind bars, I will continue to yawn at news like this).
This one is NOT politically motivated. You don't fuck with classified material. It doesn't bloody matter who you are.

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Jun 08, 2023 11:25 pm

Rate This wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2023 11:08 pm
This one is NOT politically motivated. You don't fuck with classified material. It doesn't bloody matter who you are.
Well, when Biden, Pence, and Hillary end up charged with wrongdoing, let me know.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Thu Jun 08, 2023 11:27 pm

Doesn't make a difference to the Trumpers. Just like their furher says, ""I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn't lose voters,"

The censorship king from out of state.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Jun 08, 2023 11:30 pm

bmw wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2023 11:25 pm
Rate This wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2023 11:08 pm
Well, when Biden, Pence, and Hillary end up charged with wrongdoing, let me know.
Each case is different. Trump was BY FAR the most egregious of them. They even went as far as reportedly draining one of the pools at Mar-A-Lago and using the water to flood the room where the security camera equipment is housed in an effort to "accidentally" cause the tape to be lost. They rearranged boxes of classified material in an effort to hide it. I mean... Pence and Biden have nothing on that... and we settled Hillary already so just drop that one... please. Or keep it up for 10 more years and you can ask that her corpse be brought to justice.
Last edited by Rate This on Thu Jun 08, 2023 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Jun 08, 2023 11:30 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2023 11:27 pm
Doesn't make a difference to the Trumpers. Just like their furher says, ""I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn't lose voters,"
He could light his supporters on fire and have them jump off a cliff and he wouldn't lose voters.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Thu Jun 08, 2023 11:46 pm

Rate This wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2023 11:30 pm

He could light his supporters on fire and have them jump off a cliff and he wouldn't lose voters.
If they lit themselves on fire and jumped off a cliff, those voters would be lost.

Admitting you have a problem is the second step. The first step is finding a problem you really enjoy.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Jun 09, 2023 12:00 am

Turkeytop wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2023 11:46 pm
Rate This wrote:

If they lit themselves on fire and jumped off a cliff, those voters would be lost.
But no voters not on fire would stop supporting him and ones that survived would walk up shaking his hand thanking him for the "gift" he had bestowed upon them.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Jun 09, 2023 12:02 am

Colonel Flagg wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2023 9:57 pm
Matt wrote:
bmw wrote:
-yawn-
Still got the "Jeb" bumper sticker on your '98 Honda Civic?
Are you one of those early volunteers for being doused?

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri Jun 09, 2023 12:14 am

Rate This wrote:
Each case is different. Trump was BY FAR the most egregious of them. They even went as far as reportedly draining one of the pools at Mar-A-Lago and using the water to flood the room where the security camera equipment is housed in an effort to "accidentally" cause the tape to be lost. They rearranged boxes of classified material in an effort to hide it. I mean... Pence and Biden have nothing on that... and we settled Hillary already so just drop that one... please. Or keep it up for 10 more years and you can ask that her corpse be brought to justice.
I bring up Hillary only because she set the standard of what was acceptable behavior. You will never, EVER, convince me that anything Trump did with classified documents has done as much damage to our country as Hillary's handling of such documents. From Mr. Comey himself:
We do assess that hostile actors gained access to the private commercial e-mail accounts of people with whom Secretary Clinton was in regular contact from her personal account. We also assess that Secretary Clinton’s use of a personal e-mail domain was both known by a large number of people and readily apparent. She also used her personal e-mail extensively while outside the United States, including sending and receiving work-related e-mails in the territory of sophisticated adversaries. Given that combination of factors, we assess it is possible that hostile actors gained access to Secretary Clinton’s personal e-mail account.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Jun 09, 2023 12:19 am

bmw wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2023 12:14 am
Rate This wrote:
I bring up Hillary only because she set the standard of what was acceptable behavior. You will never, EVER, convince me that anything Trump did with classified documents has done as much damage to our country as Hillary's handling of such documents. From Mr. Comey himself:
We do assess that hostile actors gained access to the private commercial e-mail accounts of people with whom Secretary Clinton was in regular contact from her personal account. We also assess that Secretary Clinton’s use of a personal e-mail domain was both known by a large number of people and readily apparent. She also used her personal e-mail extensively while outside the United States, including sending and receiving work-related e-mails in the territory of sophisticated adversaries. Given that combination of factors, we assess it is possible that hostile actors gained access to Secretary Clinton’s personal e-mail account.
So you are happily grabbing that gas can from Trump and dousing yourself… got it.

So our nuclear secrets falling into the wrong hands could never do as much damage as Hillary and 5 communiques about conservations with the leaders of some minor Island nations? Your Comey quote only says that said actors knew it existed… it doesn’t say anything about classified material being stored there… that’s because the files on said server were looked at… and… they didn’t find anything to go on. The Republicans investigated it desperately trying to find something and having an incentive to do so for YEARS and came up empty. For god sake man… you are ostensibly smart… why do your arguments fall apart so damned easily?

With this Trump thing it’s a pretty easy case… he shot himself in the foot, made it obvious, tried to cover it up in hilariously inept ways and the Feds have him dead to rights by all indications on 7 counts with jail time very possible. This is SELF-INFLICTED and you better believe if he hadn’t won in 2016 they’d be just as ready to charge him on this one and that book thrown at him under those circumstances might be heavier.
Last edited by Rate This on Fri Jun 09, 2023 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri Jun 09, 2023 12:25 am

What I'm telling you is, go get Comey's statement from 2016, replace every instance of "Secretary Clinton" with "President Trump" and tell me with a straight face that Donald Trump wouldn't still be sitting behind bars as we speak.

I mean, holy shit, can you even begin to imagine the reaction if Trump, while President, had been running his own private email server in a bathroom closet at Mar-a-Lago and had been sending and receiving "top secret" emails through that server while in enemy territory, and the FBI had made a statement saying that hostile actors may have gained access to Trump's personal email account?

Yes, the what-about-ism is perfectly appropriate here. What Hillary did was ok. What she did was worse than anything Trump did. Hence, what Trump did was ok. See how that logic works?

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri Jun 09, 2023 12:33 am

Rate This wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2023 12:19 am
So our nuclear secrets falling into the wrong hands
Did Trump improperly handle nuclear secrets?
Rate This wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2023 12:19 am
could never do as much damage as Hillary and 5 communiques about conservations with the leaders of some minor Island nations? Your Comey quote only says that said actors knew it existed… it doesn’t say anything about classified material being stored there…
Actually, 7 communications, and they were TOP SECRET. You know, the absolute highest level of classification.
...there is evidence that [Secretary Clinton and her colleagues] were extremely careless in their handling of very sensitive, highly classified information. For example, seven e-mail chains concern matters that were classified at the Top Secret/Special Access Program level when they were sent and received. These chains involved Secretary Clinton both sending e-mails about those matters and receiving e-mails from others about the same matters. There is evidence to support a conclusion that any reasonable person in Secretary Clinton’s position, or in the position of those government employees with whom she was corresponding about these matters, should have known that an unclassified system was no place for that conversation
And as to your claim "that’s because the files on said server were looked at… and… they didn’t find anything to go on." - uhhhh....that's because Hillary deleted them. AT LEAST several thousand of them, according to Comey. We don't really know how many, it is just that those several thousand were the ones they found traces of in other people's email accounts.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Jun 09, 2023 12:33 am

bmw wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2023 12:25 am
What I'm telling you is, go get Comey's statement from 2016, replace every instance of "Secretary Clinton" with "President Trump" and tell me with a straight face that Donald Trump wouldn't still be sitting behind bars as we speak.

I mean, holy shit, can you even begin to imagine the reaction if Trump, while President, had been running his own private email server in a bathroom closet at Mar-a-Lago and had been sending and receiving "top secret" emails through that server while in enemy territory, and the FBI had made a statement saying that hostile actors may have gained access to Trump's personal email account?

Yes, the what-about-ism is perfectly appropriate here. What Hillary did was ok. What she did was worse than anything Trump did. Hence, what Trump did was ok. See how that logic works?
But it doesn’t work at all… it was investigated until the cows came home by hostile people with an axe to grind and a fetish-like hope they could take her down and they came up empty handed. It was looked at by an inspector general who identified 5 top-secret communiques from conversations with leaders of some small nations… the kind of thing that’s an example of over-classification… but nothing even close to what’s being bandied about here. No coverups, no swimming pools draining into rooms that happen to house the security camera system, no valets moving boxes of documents around and trying to figure out how to destroy the tape of them doing it. No nuclear secrets. When you’re in a hole and losing an argument.. stop digging. There is no what-about-ism to play here… you are comparing an ant and an elephant.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic