Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Bud Light sales are down, but remain America’s top-selling beer

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Taco

Re: Bud Light sales are down, but remain America’s top-selling beer

Post by Taco » Wed Jun 07, 2023 4:40 pm

Bingo!
Turkeytop wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2023 1:01 pm
For me, buying beer has never been a political decision.

Woe to you, oh earth and sea
For the Devil sends the beast with wrath
Because he knows the time is short
Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast
For it is a human number
Its number is six hundred and sixty-six

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Jun 07, 2023 4:44 pm

Taco wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2023 4:39 pm
I remember the big blunder of replacing Coke Classic with New Coke. That was genius because it made the brand stronger than ever.
zzand wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2023 9:34 am
I think everyone can agree that the marketing campaign was a total flop. Target is finding out the same thing. To my eye it appears that the"cancel Culture" brought to the forefront by the left is being used by the right, with one big difference. The right is more successful in using it to drive whatever point home. Personally I don't care about either case since I don't drink beer or shop at Target, but sitting on the outside looking in, it is fascinating to watch.
Except they weren’t trying to be clever by half and replace it to change it back again.

bmw

Post by bmw » Wed Jun 07, 2023 7:49 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2023 9:19 am
How did a marketing campaign targeted at a new market impact you EXACTLY? I swear to God you complain more about nothing than anyone in this board. Get over yourself man.
...says the person who gets all bent out of shape over everything Ron DeSantis does in the state of Florida.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Wed Jun 07, 2023 7:58 pm

bmw wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2023 7:49 pm
TC Talks wrote:
How did a marketing campaign targeted at a new market impact you EXACTLY? I swear to God you complain more about nothing than anyone in this board. Get over yourself man.
...says the person who gets all bent out of shape over everything Ron DeSantis does in the state of Florida.
DeSantis is running for President of the United States. Budweiser is trying to sell beer. You honestly don't see a difference?

The censorship king from out of state.

Round Six

Post by Round Six » Wed Jun 07, 2023 11:19 pm

Bud Light Dethroned as Top-Selling Beer Brand in U.S. Modelo Especial is now "the number one" beer in America, its U.S. distributor has said, after sales data showed it outsold longtime industry leader Bud Light in recent weeks.

https://www.newsweek.com/bud-light-deth ... tt-1804728

Women spend more time wondering what men are thinking about than men spend actually thinking.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Jun 07, 2023 11:28 pm

Round Six wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2023 11:19 pm
Bud Light Dethroned as Top-Selling Beer Brand in U.S. Modelo Especial is now "the number one" beer in America, its U.S. distributor has said, after sales data showed it outsold longtime industry leader Bud Light in recent weeks.

https://www.newsweek.com/bud-light-deth ... tt-1804728
Anybody ever have a Modelo and is it any good?

The ultimate irony is that Modelo is owned by Anheiser Busch - InBev. The rights in the US are owned by Constellation Brands… so it’s not exactly a loss for AB-InBev. There may be the rub… these companies own literally hundreds of brand names… even if you think you’re boycotting them… you may very well be buying another of their products.

Taco

Post by Taco » Thu Jun 08, 2023 6:12 am

I don't like Modelo. But Modelo Oro isn't too shabby.

Woe to you, oh earth and sea
For the Devil sends the beast with wrath
Because he knows the time is short
Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast
For it is a human number
Its number is six hundred and sixty-six

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Thu Jun 08, 2023 6:16 am

All I know about Modelo is that the Mexicans drink them after the work day and leave the bottles in the houses 🤣

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Round Six

Post by Round Six » Thu Jun 08, 2023 7:11 am

Mega Hertz wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2023 6:16 am
All I know about Modelo is that the Mexicans drink them after the work day and leave the bottles in the houses 🤣
Maybe they are like me and figure recyclables are not worth the hassle. I don't fool with taking them back. I throw them in my curbside recycling can. They take other bottles and cans. Good enough.

Women spend more time wondering what men are thinking about than men spend actually thinking.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Thu Jun 08, 2023 9:09 am

Models Negro is pretty good. Regular Modelo is on par with a Corona. A decent beer to quaff kn a hot day.

The censorship king from out of state.

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Jun 08, 2023 9:13 am

I'd rather drink local craft beer than macro swill.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Round Six

Post by Round Six » Thu Jun 08, 2023 9:38 am

Beer distributors believe Bud Light has suffered permanent damage. A pair of beer distributor surveys found that many in the middle tier believe that the conservative led boycott of Anheuser-Busch’s Bud Light brand may be permanent.

Financial services firm Jefferies’ survey found that a majority (65%) of distributors surveyed expect the Bud Light downturn to last at least another six months, while 32% believe it could be permanent.

https://www.brewbound.com/news/survey-s ... nt-damage/

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Jun 08, 2023 10:50 pm

bmw wrote:
TC Talks wrote:
Suppressing Citizens rights is a bit more impactful than a transgender American endorsing a corporate beer. You are such a sissy.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri Jun 09, 2023 1:16 am

TC Talks wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2023 10:50 pm
bmw wrote:
TC Talks wrote:
Suppressing Citizens rights is a bit more impactful than a transgender American endorsing a corporate beer. You are such a sissy.
Your implication was that as long as something doesn't impact you directly, you shouldn't care. So what has DeSantis done in Florida that has directly impacted you?

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Jun 09, 2023 6:15 am

No, my implication is that DeSatan is pandering to Christian hate by trampling the rights of his citizens and you think that is equal to someone endorsing a beer.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic