Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Artificial Intelligence is the biggest thing since the internet

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
bmw

Artificial Intelligence is the biggest thing since the internet

Post by bmw » Thu Jun 01, 2023 8:07 am

What David Bowie predicted about the future of the internet in 1999, I feel like is the future of AI.

I believe that AI is going to transform society to the same degree that the internet did - for good, bad, and ugly. I still remember what the internet was like in its infancy - basically, the wild west. Right now we're in the wild west days of AI. And when we get past that phase, daily life is going to be VERY different than it is today.

Some politicians want to regulate it. Well, good luck with that. Not only do they barely understand what they're dealing with, anything we regulate/ban here in the states, the technology will still develop in other countries.

Mega Hertz

Re: Artificial Intelligence is the biggest thing since the internet

Post by Mega Hertz » Thu Jun 01, 2023 10:34 am

He's right about one thing. The internet changed things for good and for bad. You want the bad? Take a look around at some of the threads on this very website.

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Round Six

Post by Round Six » Thu Jun 01, 2023 11:18 am

Mega Hertz wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 10:34 am
He's right about one thing. The internet changed things for good and for bad. You want the bad? Take a look around at some of the threads on this very website.
The sad part is the amount of folks here who apparently have no friends, or family that likes them. Posting all afternoon and evening on Thanksgiving Day. Posting all day on Christmas Day.

Look at this past weekend. Losers on Parade posting all day long on a beautiful Memorial Day.

"Why yes I don't have a life. How could you tell?".

Women spend more time wondering what men are thinking about than men spend actually thinking.

zzand

Post by zzand » Thu Jun 01, 2023 11:27 am

Or you have no clue. One can sit by the pool with family and check the board on a mobile device. Same after Thanksgiving dinner, and once presents are open there is plenty of down time to check the board. It's called multitasking. Look it up.

"Why yes, I'm round six and I have no clue"

ZenithCKLW

Post by ZenithCKLW » Thu Jun 01, 2023 12:29 pm

I haven't used Tapatalk in a very long time, but isn't visiting the board as comparatively simple as reading a text message conversation and sending a text? One doesn't have to be locked away in the basement all day to do that.

I visit the board on my phone, it requires little to no effort and time. I can even use voice dictation to post for me. There are plenty of opportunities even during the busiest day.

Round Six

Post by Round Six » Thu Jun 01, 2023 1:56 pm

You ladies are so easy to rile up. Big long technical explanations on how you peruse this bulletin board. Priceless.

Getting back to the topic at hand. We've discussed this before here. How much of what the media calls AI is actually AI?

For 50 years, there's been infrared cameras that can detect defects in materials. Now a days, the same application could called Artificial Intelligence.
Last edited by Round Six on Thu Jun 01, 2023 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Women spend more time wondering what men are thinking about than men spend actually thinking.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Jun 01, 2023 1:57 pm

zzand wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 11:27 am
Or you have no clue. One can sit by the pool with family and check the board on a mobile device. Same after Thanksgiving dinner, and once presents are open there is plenty of down time to check the board. It's called multitasking. Look it up.

"Why yes, I'm round six and I have no clue"
Shit, I was posting from a beach in another country. I often post while flying or other times when I am between real life...

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Jun 01, 2023 1:59 pm

I am already using AI to build presentation decks, perfecting ad copy and building large data reports.

We are all screwed in the future, but AI won't replace landlords and plumbers. I'll still need my grass mowed.

Have you hearded the AI radio station? It keeps getting better.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Round Six

Post by Round Six » Thu Jun 01, 2023 2:26 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 1:59 pm
I am already using AI to build presentation decks, perfecting ad copy and building large data reports.
This is what I'm talking about.
You never did any of this before AI came around? Or you did, but now let's call it using AI to do it?

I don't know I'm just asking. But it seems I see a lot of processes and procedures that have been done for 20 years with computers or embedded processors now have a AI sticker on them. Because it's the latest cool catch phrase.

My clothes washer is energy efficient. It senses how much laundry is in it and adjust the water level on it's own. Is that artificial intelligence? It's also 10 years old.

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:02 pm

Round Six wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 2:26 pm
But it seems I see a lot of processes and procedures that have been done for 20 years with computers or embedded processors now have a AI sticker on them. Because it's the latest cool catch phrase.
This makes you the equivalent of the reporter in that video asking "isn't the internet just a tool?"

Yes, the concept of AI has been around for a long time. I even took a course in AI as part of my degree back in 2005. But the technology has turned a corner. I stand by my prediction that in the same way people look at life today compared to before the internet existed - the same is going to happen with AI. And I put that timeframe at about 10-15 years from now.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:31 pm

I completely agree in all respects, bmw.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Jun 01, 2023 4:50 pm

Think TV is bad now? Imagine the content crap that will be created then...

― Noam Chomsky

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic