Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Ultraconservatives are crying tonight

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
TC Talks

Ultraconservatives are crying tonight

Post by TC Talks » Tue May 30, 2023 8:39 pm

It seems the "Freedom" caucus is all upset and pounding sand over McCarthy's budget deal. The quotes are pretty funny, what a bunch of whiny babies.
A bipartisan deal to raise the government debt ceiling and set federal funding limits headed toward climactic House votes, even as hard-right Republicans revolted on Tuesday over the deal between Speaker Kevin McCarthy and President Biden, claiming that their party was squandering an opportunity to force fundamental spending changes.

“Not one Republican should vote for this bill,” Representative Chip Roy, a Texas Republican and influential member of the ultraconservative House Freedom Caucus, said at a news conference outside the Capitol on Tuesday. “We will continue to fight it today, tomorrow, and no matter what happens, there’s going to be a reckoning about what just occurred unless we stop this bill by tomorrow.”

But the legislation appeared headed over its first major obstacle, with the House Rules Committee poised to clear the way for a debate on the plan on Wednesday after right-wing Republicans splintered over whether to allow it to move forward. Opposition by Mr. Roy and another ultraconservative member of the panel had raised the prospect that the agreement could fall victim to a procedural blockade, but a third Republican on the committee, Representative Thomas Massie of Kentucky, said he would back bringing the legislation to the floor despite some misgivings.

“My interest in being on this committee would not be to imprint my ideology,” Mr. Massie said, adding he did not think it was his role to deny the full House a chance to deliberate on the plan.

(Dan Bishop)
“I’m fed up with the lies. I’m fed up with the lack of courage, the cowardice,” Mr. Bishop said, adding later of Mr. McCarthy’s negotiations on the debt limit bill, “Nobody could have done a worse job.”

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic