Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

50 gender pronouns?

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
bmw

50 gender pronouns?

Post by bmw » Tue May 30, 2023 7:08 pm

I'm sorry, but this is insanity.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... rself.html

I say we only need 5:
-He
-She
-Himself
-Herself
-Gender Denier

Rate This

Re: 50 gender pronouns?

Post by Rate This » Tue May 30, 2023 11:14 pm

bmw wrote:
Tue May 30, 2023 7:08 pm

I say we only need 5:
-He
-She
-Himself
-Herself
-Gender Denier
Where does this stuff originate? Someone has to come up with it in a room somewhere…

Chrocket87

Post by Chrocket87 » Wed May 31, 2023 7:59 am

bmw wrote:
Tue May 30, 2023 7:08 pm

I say we only need 5:
-He
-She
-Himself
-Herself
-Gender Denier
How about LGB/FJB?

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed May 31, 2023 8:24 am

This is far beyond most people on this board. My advice is to skip it, you don't make much effort to respect people who don't look or think like you anyway. What I would ask is that you don't complain about that which you don't understand. I know it's hard for a cis white dude, but it's your best move on this topic.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

bmw

Post by bmw » Wed May 31, 2023 8:48 am

TC Talks wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 8:24 am
...you don't make much effort to respect people who don't look or think like you anyway...
:lol

You have literally ZERO respect for large swaths of the US population - especially white, Conservative, Christians. Your most recent example:
TC Talks wrote:
Mon May 22, 2023 8:37 pm
...Notice that the backward-ass hillbilly redneck types who post here...
And btw - thanks for posting the full list; I had wanted to but couldn't find it. Seeing it in full print helps illustrate just how ridiculous it is. He/she, him/her, his/hers, Mr., Mrs., Mrs. Miss, and Ms. are all we have used as a society for nearly the entire time the English language has existed. To the small minority of people who can't deal with being called one of those things - TOO BAD. You can't have everything your way. What I find absurd about it is how those people literally get offended if you refer to them by their biological gender. Born a man and think you're a woman? Fine. You do you. But as long as you look like man to me, I will continue to refer to you with your biological gender pronouns.

If that makes me a "backward-ass hillbilly redneck type" then so be it.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed May 31, 2023 9:23 am

Like I said your best move is to just avoid this whole topic. I'm saying this as something to actually try to help you. I'm also a cis white dude

These terms are used quite often at music festivals. I attend over a dozen each year and the community using this terminology sort of stays to themselves and nobody else bothers to connect with them.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed May 31, 2023 9:47 am

TC Talks wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 9:23 am
Like I said your best move is to just avoid this whole topic. I'm saying this as something to actually try to help you. I'm also a cis white dude

These terms are used quite often at music festivals. I attend over a dozen each year and the community using this terminology sort of stays to themselves and nobody else bothers to connect with them.
And that’s fine. But don’t expect me to juggle 50 pronouns depending on who I’m talking to. Just no. I can’t remember names worth a damn and don’t need any more to try to remember. If you don’t like your gender… write your congressman… file a complaint with gods friendly customer service representative… operators are standing by.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed May 31, 2023 9:52 am

I'm not that hostile about it, if you want to go by certain pronouns go for it. I call 80% of the people around me man anyway.. hey man

― Noam Chomsky

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed May 31, 2023 11:07 am

Rate This wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 9:47 am
TC Talks wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 9:23 am

And that’s fine. But don’t expect me to juggle 50 pronouns depending on who I’m talking to. Just no. I can’t remember names worth a damn and don’t need any more to try to remember. If you don’t like your gender… write your congressman… file a complaint with gods friendly customer service representative… operators are standing by.
:rollin

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Motown322

Post by Motown322 » Wed May 31, 2023 11:11 am

bmw wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 8:48 am
What I find absurd about it is how those people literally get offended if you refer to them by their biological gender. Born a man and think you're a woman? Fine. You do you. But as long as you look like man to me, I will continue to refer to you with your biological gender pronouns.
This is the part I just don't understand. If someone wants to be referred to a certain way, why would you go out of your way to be an asshole? If someone introduced themselves to you as "Jim", would you repeatedly call them "James" because that's their given name?

It takes 10 times more effort to be an asshole than it does to just be a normal, respectful person.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Wed May 31, 2023 1:29 pm

I/me/myself/ us is/are staying out of this. I don't even know what it's about.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

bmw

Post by bmw » Wed May 31, 2023 1:34 pm

Motown322 wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 11:11 am
If someone wants to be referred to a certain way, why would you go out of your way to be an asshole? If someone introduced themselves to you as "Jim", would you repeatedly call them "James" because that's their given name?
For the same reason you probably wouldn't voluntarily refer to me as "God" or "Master" if I requested to be referred to that way.

Motown322

Post by Motown322 » Wed May 31, 2023 2:58 pm

bmw wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 1:34 pm
For the same reason you probably wouldn't voluntarily refer to me as "God" or "Master" if I requested to be referred to that way.
You still didn't answer the question: why go out of your way to be an asshole?

bmw

Post by bmw » Wed May 31, 2023 3:25 pm

I didn't answer your question directly because I don't accept the premise. If I call you him, he, or sir, and you are in fact a biological male, why go out of YOUR way to suggest I should call you something different than why own eyes suggest to me and to everyone else on the planet with something reasonably close to 20/20 vision that you should be called? It isn't MY problem that you not only can't accept the way you were born, but also that you insist others not accept it and treat you as such.

The reason you wouldn't call me "God" or "Master" is because I am, in fact, not God and not your master. I won't call you anything other than by your biological gender because you, are not, in fact, anything other than your biological gender.

teetoppz28

Post by teetoppz28 » Wed May 31, 2023 4:26 pm

bmw wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 3:25 pm
I didn't answer your question directly because I don't accept the premise. If I call you him, he, or sir, and you are in fact a biological male, why go out of YOUR way to suggest I should call you something different than why own eyes suggest to me and to everyone else on the planet with something reasonably close to 20/20 vision that you should be called? It isn't MY problem that you not only can't accept the way you were born, but also that you insist others not accept it and treat you as such.

The reason you wouldn't call me "God" or "Master" is because I am, in fact, not God and not your master. I won't call you anything other than by your biological gender because you, are not, in fact, anything other than your biological gender.
Sex is biological. Gender is a social construct.

Other than that, I agree! No way am I remembering what every single person's preferred pronoun is. I'll just call everyone a bitch from now on... "Hey bitch! How you doin'?" :hat

Dropping knowledge on forum MAGAts.
Unapologetically intellectually superior.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic