Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Rob Schneider Tweet

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Ben Zonia

Rob Schneider Tweet

Post by Ben Zonia » Tue May 30, 2023 11:06 am

"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

TC Talks

Re: Rob Schneider Tweet

Post by TC Talks » Tue May 30, 2023 1:44 pm

Ben Zonia wrote:
Tue May 30, 2023 11:06 am
They also have high unemployment, food insecurity, poverty, and a slew of other issues that have more to do with the murder rate than gun control. Nice attempt at correlation but no study has ever suggested more guns would end the murder.

Rob Schneider is an idiot or just likes to pander to them.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue May 30, 2023 2:29 pm

Does Mr. Schneider believe residents of those cities have no ability to travel to purchase firearms? Gun laws are loose in Indiana. Hammond, IN is a very short car or train ride from Chicago's south side.

Also, I certainly would not characterize the gun laws in Detroit as "strict". They are certainly less strict than Chicago and DC.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Tue May 30, 2023 2:46 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Tue May 30, 2023 2:29 pm
Does Mr. Schneider believe residents of those cities have no ability to travel to purchase firearms? Gun laws are loose in Indiana. Hammond, IN is a very short car or train ride from Chicago's south side.

Also, I certainly would not characterize the gun laws in Detroit as "strict". They are certainly less strict than Chicago and DC.
Just listening to Chief White, I'd bet the VAST majority of the perps of gun crimes in the city of Detroit don't purchase (or obtain) their weapons legally, so it really doesn't matter if Detroit (or Chicago, or DC) have strict gun laws, or that they may or may not travel to obtain the weapons. Those laws really only handcuff the victims in each area and prevent them from defending themselves.

And I definitely agree on your last sentence.

But - back to the OP - other than indicating Detroit has "strict" gun laws, is there anything incorrect about the post?

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue May 30, 2023 2:54 pm

The Bureau of Justice Statistics in 2016 performed some eye opening research on the source of firearms used by inmates in the commission of their respective crimes.

Fewer than 10 percent were obtained from a retailer or gun show. A gigantic majority were obtained from street dealers or were stolen.

A quick Google search will take you to the study, which opens as a pdf.

A gigantic crackdown on street dealers is perhaps the best way to reduce gun violence in urban areas. A high number of abandoned homes and buildings, unfortunately, makes it easier for such criminal activity to proliferate.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Tue May 30, 2023 10:37 pm

I thought Hollywood was supposed to keep their mouths shut and stay out of politics? And now I'm getting the same talking points from fucking Deuce Bigelow???

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Chrocket87

Post by Chrocket87 » Tue May 30, 2023 11:04 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Tue May 30, 2023 10:37 pm
I thought Hollywood was supposed to keep their mouths shut and stay out of politics? And now I'm getting the same talking points from fucking Deuce Bigelow???
This. Plus, I’ve seen this meme circulated for over a year now, but the meme provides no source to corroborate it.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Tue May 30, 2023 11:24 pm

I did a quick search for "Rob Schneider tweets"

Anti-vaxxer and Keri Lake supporter showed up. Seems like a solid individual.

The censorship king from out of state.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic