Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Corrupt Ken Paxton impeached by Texas State House

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Corrupt Ken Paxton impeached by Texas State House

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat May 27, 2023 7:26 pm

The articles of impeachment received widespread bipartisan support. Republicans control the state legislature in Texas. The state party chair supports Paxton and has been very critical of the legislature's investigation.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/ ... 263617007/

https://www.fox4news.com/news/ken-paxton-impeached

https://www.kxan.com/news/texas-politic ... -at-1-p-m/

Honeyman

Re: Corrupt Ken Paxton impeached by Texas State House

Post by Honeyman » Sat May 27, 2023 7:56 pm

He sounds like a complete pile of shit.

And if you needed any other proof....Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) called the impeachment proceedings a “travesty.”

The censorship king from out of state.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Sat May 27, 2023 8:20 pm

Remarkable. Too toxic even for the Texas GOP. SMH.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat May 27, 2023 8:54 pm

This guy was endorsed by Trump over George P. Bush.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Deleted User 15835

Post by Deleted User 15835 » Sat May 27, 2023 10:50 pm

I've never been to Texas and have 0 desire ever to go. Way too much stupidity for me.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat May 27, 2023 11:35 pm

Remarkable. Too toxic even for the Texas GOP.
Well, the state party is split on that question. The majority of GOP state representatives, however, did indeed vote to impeach. The GOP holds 86 house seats while the Dems hold 64. So, at least 57 of those 86 GOP members voted in favor of impeachment.

A number of folks who voted no didn't exactly side with Paxton but felt the judicial process should play itself out first.

The party split in the state Senate is 19 - 12. Assuming all 31 senators vote yay or nay to convict, 21 yay votes would be necessary.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun May 28, 2023 11:59 am

I'm telling you, Trump is losing support within the ranks.
The vote of 121 to 23 in favor of impeachment included a majority of House Republicans, showing bipartisan support for removing the attorney general from his post. And it came over the objection of former President Donald J. Trump and a host of other prominent conservatives who argued that lawmakers were reversing the will of voters who had re-elected Mr. Paxton to a third term by a wide margin in November.
More than half of Republicans voted to impeach, revealing fractures.
Following hours of at times impassioned debate, a substantial majority of Republicans in the House ultimately moved to impeach Mr. Paxton, despite his strong appeal with Republican primary voters in Texas.

The proceedings revealed, in stark terms, the divisions that have split Republicans in recent years and that were likely to define the conflict inside the party for some time to come: on one side, those who saw Mr. Paxton as the victim of an unfair process that would help Democrats, and others who felt that a sense of duty and integrity compelled them to act against corruption, even to the detriment of a party leader.

The lines were being drawn in real time, between Republicans presenting the arguments for impeachment, and other Republicans challenging them.

Representative John Smithee, a Republican, said he did not have enough evidence in front of him to support the effort and urged, unsuccessfully, other lawmakers to not vote for impeachment. “Today it could be General Paxton, and tomorrow it could be you,” Mr. Smithee said.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

zzand

Post by zzand » Mon May 29, 2023 7:32 am

"I'm telling you, Trump is losing support within the ranks." I agree with this statement. He is losing Big donors, and the normal Republicans who voted for him are looking to the others declaring and deciding who to support. Trump will always have the Trump or MAGA republicans, even if he is jailed, but the "Normal" members of the party want to part of him.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon May 29, 2023 8:36 am

zzand wrote:
Mon May 29, 2023 7:32 am
"I'm telling you, Trump is losing support within the ranks." I agree with this statement. He is losing Big donors, and the normal Republicans who voted for him are looking to the others declaring and deciding who to support. Trump will always have the Trump or MAGA republicans, even if he is jailed, but the "Normal" members of the party want to part of him.
But with a winner take all only format for their nominating contests can anybody get more votes than him with it split 7 or 10 ways?

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon May 29, 2023 8:46 am

I am somewhat intrigued by Tim Scott.

I would love to see Chris Sununu throw his hat into the ring.

Asa Hutchinson doesn't have a chance in hell of doing well, and Nikki Haley needs to become much more visible at some point.

I think a lot of what occurs before the debates will be inconsequential. (Don't believe me? Just ask Mike Bloomberg. LOL)

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon May 29, 2023 9:16 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Mon May 29, 2023 8:46 am

Asa Hutchinson doesn't have a chance in hell of doing well, and Nikki Haley needs to become much more visible at some point.

I think a lot of what occurs before the debates will be inconsequential. (Don't believe me? Just ask Mike Bloomberg. LOL)
Tim Scott would really show how racist the left really is.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon May 29, 2023 9:30 am

Matt wrote:
Mon May 29, 2023 9:16 am
MWmetalhead wrote:
Mon May 29, 2023 8:46 am

Tim Scott would really show how racist the left really is.
Tim Scott has no lane and is running out of boredom... or something.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon May 29, 2023 11:14 am

I think it's far too soon to pronounce he has "no lane.". To the contrary, I think he has substantial potential to be a formidable candidate.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon May 29, 2023 11:21 am

I think the candidates that would appeal to the voters the Republicans need to win the generals will not get the necessary votes in the primary. IOW, the GOP is kinda going down with the radical conservatives.

For this reason I don't see how Tom Scott has a chance.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Mon May 29, 2023 11:43 am

TC Talks wrote:
Mon May 29, 2023 11:21 am
For this reason I don't see how Tom Scott has a chance.
Great horn player though.

The censorship king from out of state.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic