Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

DeSaster's announcement fail

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
bmw

Re: DeSaster's announcement fail

Post by bmw » Thu May 25, 2023 11:01 am

Honeyman wrote:
Thu May 25, 2023 10:25 am
Perhaps in a different thread? Since this one is about the DeSantis campaign, his restrictions on personal freedoms is the relevant point.
The relevant point, IMO, and one that I wish Republican politicians would focus on, is that it is hypocritical beyond belief to support what Democrats did during Covid and then complain about Desantis' alleged "restrictions on personal freedoms." Your side is in no position to make such arguments about such restrictions.
Honeyman wrote:
Thu May 25, 2023 10:30 am
bmw wrote:
Thu May 25, 2023 10:19 am
Can I assume that those of you in full-attack mode on the Republican nomination process are perfectly content with Joe Biden being your nominee?
I'm not. Biden is not a strong candidate and hardly a great president. But compared to what Trump would do to this country in a second term, there is really no choice.
So why is it that I get hounded on endlessly on here for making a similar argument about why I will vote for Trump if he is the nominee? As if I'm abandoning my principles or something because I've concluded that between Trump and Biden, despite Trump's many flaws, I would prefer him over Biden in the oval office?

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu May 25, 2023 11:12 am

bmw wrote:
Thu May 25, 2023 11:01 am
Honeyman wrote:
Perhaps in a different thread? Since this one is about the DeSantis campaign, his restrictions on personal freedoms is the relevant point.
The relevant point, IMO, and one that I wish Republican politicians would focus on, is that it is hypocritical beyond belief to support what Democrats did during Covid and then complain about Desantis' alleged "restrictions on personal freedoms." Your side is in no position to make such arguments about such restrictions.
Honeyman wrote:
bmw wrote:
Can I assume that those of you in full-attack mode on the Republican nomination process are perfectly content with Joe Biden being your nominee?
I'm not. Biden is not a strong candidate and hardly a great president. But compared to what Trump would do to this country in a second term, there is really no choice.
So why is it that I get hounded on endlessly on here for making a similar argument about why I will vote for Trump if he is the nominee? As if I'm abandoning my principles or something because I've concluded that between Trump and Biden, despite Trump's many flaws, I would prefer him over Biden in the oval office?
He’s got some pretty twisted ideas should he get back into office.

Rounding up all homeless people and putting them in camps.

Firing all civil service employees and attempting to replace them with lackeys. That document was drafted the first time and not acted on.

There is a conservative plan to get 34 states to sign on for a constitutional convention to rewrite the document. They’ve even held a mock convention and there is a 6 hour video of it on YouTube… and it’s not amateur… these folks are deadly serious.

And the Democrats are the “radicals”? Conservatives are the ones that want to radically alter the status quo by trying things we aren’t doing now… eliminate income tax, eliminate entire departments… those are RADICAL ideas. We get called radical by them as a cover. Typical misdirection.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Thu May 25, 2023 11:35 am

bmw wrote:
Thu May 25, 2023 11:01 am
Honeyman wrote:
Honeyman wrote:
bmw wrote:
Dunno. Nature of a message board. People disagree. You're entitled to your opinion, just as much as I.

I will say that I, and many others, feel Trump is an extremely dangerous man. I don't think those on the right have the same fears about Biden. They (you) disagree with his policies for sure and feel he is incompetant, but I don't think he instills the same abject fright of what he can do to this world to people on the right as Trump does to us lefties (and many others). Perhaps I'm wrong.

The censorship king from out of state.

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu May 25, 2023 12:31 pm

Rate This wrote:
Thu May 25, 2023 11:12 am
Link? I can't find anything like that anywhere.
Rate This wrote:
There is a conservative plan to get 34 states to sign on for a constitutional convention to rewrite the document. They’ve even held a mock convention and there is a 6 hour video of it on YouTube… and it’s not amateur… these folks are deadly serious.
You must mean a Constitutional convention. Uh, yeah, how is that radical? It is one of the lesser known methods contained within the Constitution for amending the Constitution.
[/quote]

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu May 25, 2023 12:39 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Thu May 25, 2023 11:35 am
I will say that I, and many others, feel Trump is an extremely dangerous man. I don't think those on the right have the same fears about Biden. They (you) disagree with his policies for sure and feel he is incompetant, but I don't think he instills the same abject fright of what he can do to this world to people on the right as Trump does to us lefties (and many others). Perhaps I'm wrong.
If we're talking "dangerous," my fear with Biden is less that he poses a direct threat to our country than it is that he is incapable of defending our country against outside invaders and keeping dangerous world leaders in-check. With Trump, I don't have that fear.

And I'm well aware that there are many people who find Donald Trump be a literal threat to the very existence of our democracy. To this day I don't understand that belief - if for no reason other than the fact that even if Trump were hell-bent on destroying our country and becoming a permanent leader as many think he is, he simply doesn't have the power to do so. I don't believe that our institutions are so weak as to allow any one person to pose that kind of a threat.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu May 25, 2023 12:44 pm

audiophile wrote:
Thu May 25, 2023 9:30 am
zzand wrote:
Thu May 25, 2023 9:08 am
Our news sources here at the studios had 700 thousand logged in once it was up and running. That is a fair start
Yes, that is not bad. Biden did some events a couple years and it looked like 70 showed up. 35 Trump were obvious supporters in the distance, LOL.
Yet he beat Trump, go figure

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu May 25, 2023 12:49 pm

Awe, the Trumpers can't give DeSantis his own thread.

Trump won't win.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu May 25, 2023 1:31 pm

bmw wrote:
Thu May 25, 2023 12:31 pm
Rate This wrote:
Link? I can't find anything like that anywhere.
Rate This wrote:
You must mean a Constitutional convention. Uh, yeah, how is that radical? It is one of the lesser known methods contained within the Constitution for amending the Constitution.
[/quote]
It’s the things they want to put in a new constitution that are frightening.

A ban on abortion
Elimination of same-sex marriage
A provision that birth certificates must state the sex of the child and that all laws must honor that designation
A provision that religious rights prevail over secular law in all cases
A requirement for the federal government to have a balanced budget
Elimination of Congress' power to create federal agencies (e.g., FDA, FEC, EPA)
Changes to citizenship law stating that only babies born on U.S. soil to two citizen parents are citizens
Term limits for Congress
Elimination of all restrictions on campaign finances
The right of states to veto federal laws

And that’s just a start.
https://washingtonmonthly.com/2023/04/0 ... t-process/

What… are you bad at googling?
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/shows/ ... /rcna80480

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Thu May 25, 2023 1:44 pm

bmw wrote:
Thu May 25, 2023 12:39 pm
Honeyman wrote:
Thu May 25, 2023 11:35 am
If we're talking "dangerous," my fear with Biden is less that he poses a direct threat to our country than it is that he is incapable of defending our country against outside invaders and keeping dangerous world leaders in-check. With Trump, I don't have that fear.

And I'm well aware that there are many people who find Donald Trump be a literal threat to the very existence of our democracy. To this day I don't understand that belief - if for no reason other than the fact that even if Trump were hell-bent on destroying our country and becoming a permanent leader as many think he is, he simply doesn't have the power to do so. I don't believe that our institutions are so weak as to allow any one person to pose that kind of a threat.
We disagree.

The censorship king from out of state.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Thu May 25, 2023 1:45 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Thu May 25, 2023 12:44 pm
audiophile wrote:
zzand wrote:
Our news sources here at the studios had 700 thousand logged in once it was up and running. That is a fair start
Yes, that is not bad. Biden did some events a couple years and it looked like 70 showed up. 35 Trump were obvious supporters in the distance, LOL.
Sure, he beat Trump

BUT IT WAS THE MOST RIGGED ELECTION IN THE HISTORY OF THE WORLD. VERY SAD. !!!!!!!

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu May 25, 2023 1:55 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Thu May 25, 2023 1:45 pm
TC Talks wrote:
audiophile wrote:
zzand wrote:
Sure, he beat Trump

BUT IT WAS THE MOST RIGGED ELECTION IN THE HISTORY OF THE WORLD. VERY SAD. !!!!!!!
Well there's that....

― Noam Chomsky

teetoppz28

Post by teetoppz28 » Thu May 25, 2023 2:09 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Thu May 25, 2023 1:55 pm
Turkeytop wrote:
Thu May 25, 2023 1:45 pm
TC Talks wrote:
audiophile wrote:
zzand wrote:
Sure, he beat Trump

Well there's that....
But haven't you guys watched 2000 Mules?? tHe EvIdEnCe Is AlL tHeRe!! :rollin

Dropping knowledge on forum MAGAts.
Unapologetically intellectually superior.

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu May 25, 2023 2:19 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Thu May 25, 2023 1:44 pm
We disagree.
So you believe that Trump has not only the desire, but the ABILITY to take over our government in perpetuity?

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu May 25, 2023 2:36 pm

bmw wrote:
Thu May 25, 2023 2:19 pm
Honeyman wrote:
Thu May 25, 2023 1:44 pm
We disagree.
So you believe that Trump has not only the desire, but the ABILITY to take over our government in perpetuity?
Today's sentencing should tell you he tried.

― Noam Chomsky

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu May 25, 2023 2:52 pm

I didn't ask if he "tried." I'm done having that debate with people because anybody who objectively believes that Trump and his supporters (outside of possibly a few fringe kooks who showed up that day), on January 6th, actually intended to take over our government and run it in perpetuity is severely lacking in critical thinking skills, and there's just no point in debating those people on that subject.

I'm asking about ABILITY. Because motives alone do not make a person a danger to democracy; you have to have a motive AND a means (and a capable means at that).

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic